Any reward for winning quizzes?

Cardiff girl

1 hour ago, Cardiff girl said:

Ah, but one person's tat is another person's treasure, Dinglebert... 😁

Thanks, all. 

We won a quiz on Rotal Caribbean and git a key ring. We won on Brittany ferries and got a bag full of pens, note pads, markers........etc. 🤔

• Like 1

3 hours ago, davecttr said:

The syndicate quizzes had 3 prizes, First - bottle of P&O wine, Second - 2 bottles, Third - 3 bottles.

Apparently the P&O pencils have been cut into 3 to save money. Only one has a point though.

Nothing P&O do has a point!

• Haha 4

On 2/23/2023 at 8:57 AM, Cardiff girl said:

Ah, but one person's tat is another person's treasure, Dinglebert... 😁

Thanks, all. 

Normally yes but in this case.  Better than RCI quiz prizes though.  We do enjoy a quiz and won a bunch of RCI on a recent cruise.  No idea what some of the prizes were for, a rubber band thing with a small plastic logo on it.

9 hours ago, Dinglebert said:

Normally yes but in this case.  Better than RCI quiz prizes though.  We do enjoy a quiz and won a bunch of RCI on a recent cruise.  No idea what some of the prizes were for, a rubber band thing with a small plastic logo on it.

Hmm - travel sickness band? 🤔🤣 Some promo stuff is weird. 

We did a cruise some years ago on a P&O ship and they had a phone in quiz at around 5 p.m. If you knew the answer you phone in and there were some very nice prizes. I think I won either 3 or 4 very nice photo frames and I didn't cheat. But believe the guy who was running this quiz was maybe pulled up on it for giving away so much. I can't recall that happening on any cruise since. We did a Mr & Mrs thing another time where we were on stage and had to answer questions about each other. We won, but the wine we were given was only good for cleaning the sink in the cabin bathroom.

The quizzes on P&O always made me laugh so many people 'desperate' to win the piece of tat that was First Prize.

Remember one which was meant o be a bit of fun where the correct answer was the most common answer and one of the questions was 'Which outfit would you hire for your Mother-in-Law to wear at Halloween.?

Don't think i need to print the answer anybody with two brain cells will know the answer but the people that guessed correct were standing up chearing like they had just won something.😌

You get a little sticker for each quiz you win & as Wonky says you can trade them for prizes on the last sea day. I have had about 20 pen & key ring sets, USB sticks, a tote bag & towels and a pair of binoculars. Quzzing (compiling, presenting & participating) is one of my main hobbies so I do as many as Mrs Red Ray will allow me to do when on a cruise!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Cpt Pugwash said:

The quizzes on P&O always made me laugh so many people 'desperate' to win the piece of tat that was First Prize.

Remember one which was meant o be a bit of fun where the correct answer was the most common answer and one of the questions was 'Which outfit would you hire for your Mother-in-Law to wear at Halloween.?

Don't think i need to print the answer anybody with two brain cells will know the answer but the people that guessed correct were standing up chearing like they had just won something.😌

Whilst not trying to seem insensitive as my ex Mother-In -Law passed away some years ago. I really did have a soft spot for her. It was a bog down the bottom of the garden. She used to say "Your effeminate" I'd answer " I am compared to you". When I got married to her Daughter she asked " What sort of wedding would you like " I said "Just a quiet one " She turned up with a silencer on the shotgun.

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Red Ray said:

You get a little sticker for each quiz you win & as Wonky says you can trade them for prizes on the last sea day. I have had about 20 pen & key ring sets, USB sticks, a tote bag & towels and a pair of binoculars. Quzzing (compiling, presenting & participating) is one of my main hobbies so I do as many as Mrs Red Ray will allow me to do when on a cruise!

They seem to have stopped the gold stickers- there were actual prizes on Iona recently. Hubby collected a bottle stopper, usb stick x 2 and a car usb charger for winning a few. Not sure why they’ve stopped the stickers

On 2/26/2023 at 8:55 AM, amajaa said:

Princess give out bottles of sparkling wine like sweeties for their quizzes I suppose to keep all the Americans on board happy.

it doesn’t bother me that you don’t get much from P & O quizzes 

If you have ever won a bottle of the Princess sparkling wine you will know to either leave it on a table when you leave the bar where you won it or give it to some unsuspecting soul which is what we have done several times. 😇