Valuetrips - Hyatt Place

LuCruise

29 minutes ago, capriccio said:

I would be surprised if your dates weren’t blacked out:  that is the beginning of Presidents Day weekend

I agree with this.  When sailing from south Florida avoid boat shows, holidays (especially Easter), Super Bowl, and most weekends during "spring break".

The rates are significantly higher for Winter 2024. Our refundable rate at the Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach is actually lower so even taking the resort fee into account the difference between the two reservations is $26. Not sure if it's worth making the switch. 

I had a booking direct with Hyatt for Feb and March, 2024.  Valuetrips is cheaper than the direct price. One of my dates is blacked out.

I also have bookings for the same dates with Best Western Oceanside with a Manager Special price and their price is cheaper than Valuetrips this time.

I won’t be changing my bookings.

2 hours ago, phabric said:

I had a booking direct with Hyatt for Feb and March, 2024.  Valuetrips is cheaper than the direct price. One of my dates is blacked out.

I also have bookings for the same dates with Best Western Oceanside with a Manager Special price and their price is cheaper than Valuetrips this time.

I won’t be changing my bookings.

What is the price you have with the Best Western Oceanside Manager Special?

Does it include breakfast?

Thanks.

14 minutes ago, njgirl said:

What is the price you have with the Best Western Oceanside Manager Special?

Does it include breakfast?

Thanks.

I have stayed  at Best Western Oceanside 6-7x, when I stay a few days. They are 100 yards from ocean (without paying oceanfront price), bar that sells food, refrigerator, microwave, $ washer/dryer, walking distance to water taxi, regular bus outside the hotel ($1 for seniors), clean rooms, friendly staff.  No shuttle from airport to hotel, can sign up for $ shuttle to Port Everglades.

Best Western hotels have a free hot breakfast.

I call in and ask for Manager Special and I am Platinum with Best Western Rewards.

Wed Feb 21 - $236+ tax, Thur Feb 22- $236+tax, Fri Feb 23 - $252+tax

Sat March 2 - $264+tax, Sun March 3 - $248+tax

Edited by phabric

19 hours ago, Trish Traveler said:

2024 rates and booking requests are available now with Valuetrips for Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale!!  Just sent in a request for February. 🤞

Thanks for the heads up.  We always try and use Hyatt Place through valuetrips.  We have a reservation at Sonasta in Plantation but would have to rent a car, and Hyatt Place is just a taxi ride.  We are coming in on a Friday night in first week of March didn't see any blackout dates, for that so fingers crossed.

We haven't used Valuetrips in a number of years, but I do recollect it was a great deal back then. I just started looking for hotels for our mid-Oct 2024 trip, and hotel prices shown on the 17th Street strip are VERY high during that period. Our usual Renaissance is about $US370 all in, the Hyatt website shows the Hyatt Place as $US500!!!, while VT shows a price of $US119 + extras, a significant savings. Please refresh my memory, do VT require payment in advance upon booking, or is the credit card simply used as a guarantee and is only charged at the time of the stay? Thx...

48 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

We haven't used Valuetrips in a number of years, but I do recollect it was a great deal back then. I just started looking for hotels for our mid-Oct 2024 trip, and hotel prices shown on the 17th Street strip are VERY high during that period. Our usual Renaissance is about $US370 all in, the Hyatt website shows the Hyatt Place as $US500!!!, while VT shows a price of $US119 + extras, a significant savings. Please refresh my memory, do VT require payment in advance upon booking, or is the credit card simply used as a guarantee and is only charged at the time of the stay? Thx...

CC is for guarantee, 48 hour prior to arrival cancel is what I am seeing

8 minutes ago, phabric said:

You put a credit card down to hold the booking, pay at the hotel.

If you make any changes (modify, cancel) to your booking you contact the hotel direct.

Perfect, thanks. Will the booking show up on the Hyatt site when I log in to my account, and so In the unlikely event of us having to cancel, can I do it on the Hyatt site or do I actually have to call the hotel?

8 minutes ago, phabric said:

You can sign up for a $ shuttle to Port Everglades when arrive at the hotel.

We've done that at the HP a few times, but we now tend to use Uber on embarkation morning, faster and easier, no need to visit other terminals before being dropped off. ;o)

2 hours ago, phabric said:

VT bookings should up on your Hyatt account as your confirmation number is a Hyatt booking number.

You do not get points going through a third party.

Excellent, thanks for the confirmation. No worries about the points, we almost always go Marriott due to my status, but in this case, the VT price is so good we're happy to go Hyatt ;o)

3 hours ago, lx200gps said:

Perfect, thanks. Will the booking show up on the Hyatt site when I log in to my account, and so In the unlikely event of us having to cancel, can I do it on the Hyatt site or do I actually have to call the hotel?

You can try on the Hyatt site but more than likely I would call the hotel to verify.

Just now, nevertolate said:

I have not heard back from Valuetrips it been since Friday morning should we be worried .

Give them more time.  You can call Hyatt Place direct and ask if they have a reservation for you and if they do ask for their booking number.

On 12/2/2023 at 6:39 AM, phabric said:

The price on Valuetrips does not include tax.  When you receive your confirmation email from them it will show price that includes tax.

Just got my confirmation from ValueTrips and it does not show the included tax, only shows the rate of $239 for my March date.

Received the email much quicker than in the past. I emailed them late Thursday night and received it today Monday.

Edited by Ashland