Prima/LIVE/Feb 26 to March 5, 2023/non-Sistahs Cruise

Greenpea2

2 hours ago, Greenpea2 said:

Stopped by the Local for a nightcap last night. A lot bigger bar than the “old” Local. And a good selection of the premium brands for those with the Premium Plus package. 

4598DA61-6D28-4777-836F-A55274D485ED.jpeg

We found the Local bar extremely overcrowded on our Jan 29th Prima cruise. The bar is in a bad location, on a main thoroughfare with tons of people walking past and deciding to belly up to the bar (or as close as they could get to the bar with the tons of people already waiting at the bar). With only two bartenders to serve the thirsty hordes, it took 20 minutes to get a drink. Lots of negative comments on this set-up on our cruise.

At Grand Cayman. Lots of people gone and more still in prep to be off the ship. Ahhh!

we have deposited our breakfast stuffed selves on the sun deck. Rum drinks in hand. DH is in the sauna. I just went in the small haven pool. That suckah is cold! I submerged myself to my upper waist a few minutes ago. A new body submergence record for me. 

Surrounding views:

A Carnival ship. 

53D63970-0BCE-4D96-8DD4-AADAE4DB46D2.jpeg

F7683D72-AE99-4FAA-A1C5-BF70E16A1E73.jpeg

64E91115-93CB-49CC-8C85-91FBFD417ABD.jpeg

6E12120A-CF60-4595-A610-60640D87CB87.jpeg

• Like 15

12 hours ago, uneamie said:

THis and other reviews is making me rethink our reservation at Cagney's. It's been several years since we did it on the Breakaway and Dawn and i was pretty good then, but so much has changed over the years so I can believe this is one of those things. I may skip it. Thanks for the review. 

My wife and I have skipped Cagneys on the last 3 NCL cruises we've done.  It's just not as good as it used to be.  We do LeBistro twice each cruise now, as it's been consistently the better option.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, schmoopie17 said:

We found the Local bar extremely overcrowded on our Jan 29th Prima cruise. The bar is in a bad location, on a main thoroughfare with tons of people walking past and deciding to belly up to the bar (or as close as they could get to the bar with the tons of people already waiting at the bar). With only two bartenders to serve the thirsty hordes, it took 20 minutes to get a drink. Lots of negative comments on this set-up on our cruise.

Yes I have seen this too. I have never been a fan of the Local. But this was after dinner, things were quiet there and that long bar was inviting. I think we were the only two people there so needless to say the service and bartender were great! 🙂

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, Lupush said:

My wife and I have skipped Cagneys on the last 3 NCL cruises we've done.  It's just not as good as it used to be.  We do LeBistro twice each cruise now, as it's been consistently the better option.

Same experience here. Pretty much done with Cagneys. Very happy to hear Le Bistro has remained consistent. We will be dining there and at Paloma’s later this week. 

today for lunch we are going to try the Haven sun deck lunch menu. They call them snacks but something like a chicken wrap, burger or a couple other items are enough for us. Looking forward to it!

• Like 8

27 minutes ago, Greenpea2 said:

The Carnival ship that is here too is the Horizon if anyone is interested. 

My sistah and her family are on the Horizon right now!  Wave hello for me!  Someday I'll convince her (and our baby sistah) to cruise with me in the Haven... Your last trip inspired me to try planning it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nhtravels said:

My sistah and her family are on the Horizon right now!  Wave hello for me!  Someday I'll convince her (and our baby sistah) to cruise with me in the Haven... Your last trip inspired me to try planning it!

It is definitely an experience to try. Really special and relaxing. 

• Like 1