Prima/LIVE/Feb 26 to March 5, 2023/non-Sistahs Cruise

Greenpea2

2 hours ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

This is what I dread for my wife on our upcoming Viva cruise.  (I have a darn good sense of direction -- once I get a map in my head, I can figure my way around anything.) 

I've given her the most important thing -- directions from our cabin to the Starbucks.  (Go left out of our cabin to the elevator bank - about eight cabins -  go down six floors, go right out of the elevator bank, and voila.  Reverse to get back to the room.)  Of course, she'll likely send me out for the coffee, and I'll likely mess it up, so..... 🤔

I do have a good excuse for messing up on that train in Italy. The signs were all in Italian! 🤦‍♂️

And DW was at least a little to blame as this cruise was for our 25th anniversary and she knew about my sense of direction. In fact, I think she was about to have us go the right way, when I corrected 🤣 her. At least she figured it out and we did get back to the ship. We even had time to go to Pisa, but not Florence. But at least we did get there on our cruise for our 35th anniversary.

• Like 1

On 2/26/2023 at 4:47 PM, Greenpea2 said:

Wow. I am back. Finally. The main reason for my lack of posting is the lack of internet until about 5 minutes ago. Wotta mess. I finally have everything working on mi iPhone so I will go with that for awhile. 

it is 4:40 pm and we are still at the pier in Port Canaveral. There was just an announcement from the Captain saying that the hold up is that they are still loading supplies. Why they are late with that was not mentioned. So sail away is a bit late. 

Yesterday was a good day. Flight was on time and smooth. Our luggage arrived with us (always a good thing). SIL and BIL picked us up and we went from the airport to Port Canaveral. We decided to check into the hotel first. 

hampton Inn and Suites PC is really nice! Room was roomy, beds were big and sooo comfy. Two different kitchen areas for breakfast. And a large pool and courtyard area with a pool bar! 

Here is the pool.

more in a bit…

0E130AD8-0C0F-4C3E-9D02-AFB8A1A83164.jpeg

I want to stay there but holy expensive 400 a night for when I need it. I haven’t got the strength to bite the bullet yet but likely will.  

On 2/24/2023 at 3:50 PM, Greenpea2 said:

the differences between men and woman

You are so, so right! My husband and I are the same way. I have spreadsheets and checklists everywhere, and I keep trying to engage him and our 14yo DS to get involved by giving them voting sheets to help decide what we do, where we eat, etc. They usually laugh in my general direction. Ok, fine -- then I will pick EVERYTHING, and I am not going to want to hear one word of complaint!

I still remember one vacation, pre-DS. It was a land vacation to Ireland. I had given DH all the logistics for months and weeks leading up to it. I was getting a bit alarmed that I saw zero evidence of packing, but, well, that is him, so I didn't nag. The morning of our flight, I get up all excited. He gets up and gets dressed for work. 🥴 "What are you doing??" "Getting ready for work." "We have a flight in 3 hours." "Huh? Is that today?"

Gotta love 'em.

• Like 4
  • Haha 12

1 hour ago, GirlWriter said:

You are so, so right! My husband and I are the same way. I have spreadsheets and checklists everywhere, and I keep trying to engage him and our 14yo DS to get involved by giving them voting sheets to help decide what we do, where we eat, etc. They usually laugh in my general direction. Ok, fine -- then I will pick EVERYTHING, and I am not going to want to hear one word of complaint!

I still remember one vacation, pre-DS. It was a land vacation to Ireland. I had given DH all the logistics for months and weeks leading up to it. I was getting a bit alarmed that I saw zero evidence of packing, but, well, that is him, so I didn't nag. The morning of our flight, I get up all excited. He gets up and gets dressed for work. 🥴 "What are you doing??" "Getting ready for work." "We have a flight in 3 hours." "Huh? Is that today?"

Gotta love 'em.

Too funny!

• Like 3

Back from our fun Salsa and Salsa excursion. 

to catch up a bit, we went to Cagney’s for dinner, which really just wasn’t great. I mean it wasn’t awful…but. Not good either. 

I had the shrimp cocktail trio for an appetizer. They were limp. And they tasted fishy. Neither of which should be part of having a nice shrimp cocktail, in my opinion. Joe had the French Onion soup and said it was terrific.

I asked for a martini extremely dry. It wasn’t. But it wasn’t so bad I couldn’t drink it. Still. It should have  as I requested. We were given a loaf of what looked like terrific country bread, nice crusty outside. Problem was it had absolutely no taste! Weird. I added butter but it was unsalted so that didn’t help. Finally I sprinkled a little salt on the butter which helped. But I can’t say I have ever had a nice crusty loaf of bread that was tasteless. We both love bread. So our having only one piece each says something!

I had the small filet with onion rings, Bearnaise sauce, steamed broccoli. I like my steak medium. I don’t like it red and kind of barely cooked in the center. I like hot pink center. I was worried so ordered medium well. It came medium rare. And even so, it was so chewy it took me a long time to be able to swallow each piece! I have never had chewy tough filet before. The onion rings and broccoli were good though!

joe had dessert and I asked if I could have mine to go. The waiter brought it on a huge dinner plate. I mentioned I had wanted it to go. He says. Yes, I know. And nods at it. I asked if he could put it on a small plate so it would fit in our refrigerator and asked if he had any Saran Wrap or tinfoil I could cover it with. No. No, they don’t have that  

I don’t know. Just not a particularly good meal. Disappointing!

• Like 12

Before dinner we went to the VIP/Haven Captain’s cocktail party in the observation lounge. It was quiet but I always make an effort to talk to some of the officers and I love doing that. Joe and I both like that part of it. You can tell they are a little uncomfortable and/or bored standing around. Lol. I have found that once you start a conversation with them they are animated and so nice. And interesting. 

after dinner we were going to go to the late show of Donna Summer. But that was postponed with no explanation. Maybe someone twisted an ankle during the earlier show or something like that?

But we were not disappointed because we were tired. 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Hogladyrider said:

@Greenpea2and @GirlWriter...speaking of differences between men and women....what about the "selective hearing" that men seem to have!

@Greenpea2...why are you up so early.....VACATION, sleep in some!

Tell me about it! I had no idea our excursion was so early. OMG we had no time for breakfast or more than half a cup of coffee. Met at the pier at 8:00 am. From that to margaritas flowing. I am exhausted, lol. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Greenpea2 said:

We were given a loaf of what looked like terrific country bread, nice crusty outside. Problem was it had absolutely no taste! Weird. I added butter but it was unsalted so that didn’t help. Finally I sprinkled a little salt on the butter which helped. But I can’t say I have ever had a nice crusty loaf of bread that was tasteless. We both love bread. So our having only one piece each says something!

joe had dessert and I asked if I could have mine to go. The waiter brought it on a huge dinner plate. I mentioned I had wanted it to go. He says. Yes, I know. And nods at it. I asked if he could put it on a small plate so it would fit in our refrigerator and asked if he had any Saran Wrap or tinfoil I could cover it with. No. No, they don’t have that  

So sorry to hear this.  The bread was supposed to be some herb bread so maybe they were out?  It didn't have much flavor but you could definitely taste the herbs.

On my cruise they had clear plastic covers that they put on people's togo foods.

34 minutes ago, cml4958 said:

So sorry to hear this.  The bread was supposed to be some herb bread so maybe they were out?  It didn't have much flavor but you could definitely taste the herbs.

On my cruise they had clear plastic covers that they put on people's togo foods.

Interesting. No herbs in or on this bread. I think the waiter just was not into his job, or maybe just having a bad day. He had no enthusiasm. We remained totally pleasant, did not give him a hard time. 

1 hour ago, cml4958 said:

Interesting. No herbs in or on this bread. I think the waiter just was not into his job, or maybe just having a bad day. He had no enthusiasm. We remained totally pleasant, did not give him a hard time. 

1 hour ago, cml4958 said:

• Like 1

The Salsa and Salsa excursion was really fun. There were about 4 tables of four. We were taught how to make different margaritas and four salsas, as well as guacamole. All fresh ingredients. One at each table was “Table Head” and wore a blue chefs cap while the rest of us plebeians wore white. There were dance lessons for the Salsa which most of us were pretty pathetic at. Me especially. Some pictures. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Greenpea2 said:

Tell me about it! I had no idea our excursion was so early. OMG we had no time for breakfast or more than half a cup of coffee. Met at the pier at 8:00 am. From that to margaritas flowing. I am exhausted, lol. 

@Greenpea2How did you like the Salsa n Salsa? Been looking at that for our Cruise in May.

Never mind I should have read down further 🙂 

Edited by RenoNanaOz
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Greenpea2 said:

Back from our fun Salsa and Salsa excursion. 

to catch up a bit, we went to Cagney’s for dinner, which really just wasn’t great. I mean it wasn’t awful…but. Not good either. 

I had the shrimp cocktail trio for an appetizer. They were limp. And they tasted fishy. Neither of which should be part of having a nice shrimp cocktail, in my opinion. Joe had the French Onion soup and said it was terrific.

I asked for a martini extremely dry. It wasn’t. But it wasn’t so bad I couldn’t drink it. Still. It should have  as I requested. We were given a loaf of what looked like terrific country bread, nice crusty outside. Problem was it had absolutely no taste! Weird. I added butter but it was unsalted so that didn’t help. Finally I sprinkled a little salt on the butter which helped. But I can’t say I have ever had a nice crusty loaf of bread that was tasteless. We both love bread. So our having only one piece each says something!

I had the small filet with onion rings, Bearnaise sauce, steamed broccoli. I like my steak medium. I don’t like it red and kind of barely cooked in the center. I like hot pink center. I was worried so ordered medium well. It came medium rare. And even so, it was so chewy it took me a long time to be able to swallow each piece! I have never had chewy tough filet before. The onion rings and broccoli were good though!

THis and other reviews is making me rethink our reservation at Cagney's. It's been several years since we did it on the Breakaway and Dawn and i was pretty good then, but so much has changed over the years so I can believe this is one of those things. I may skip it. Thanks for the review. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Greenpea2 said:

The Salsa and Salsa excursion was really fun. There were about 4 tables of four. We were taught how to make different margaritas and four salsas, as well as guacamole. All fresh ingredients. One at each table was “Table Head” and wore a blue chefs cap while the rest of us plebeians wore white. There were dance lessons for the Salsa which most of us were pretty pathetic at. Me especially. Some pictures. 

This interested me since DW loves any chance to dance and to have dance instructions on a cruise, and I was going to ask more about it. Then I realized that you were on a cruise in the Caribbean while our August Prima cruise will be in Northen Europe. I get the feeling that this will not be there for us. 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

8 hours ago, uneamie said:

THis and other reviews is making me rethink our reservation at Cagney's. It's been several years since we did it on the Breakaway and Dawn and i was pretty good then, but so much has changed over the years so I can believe this is one of those things. I may skip it. Thanks for the review. 

I think is may be hit or miss now. Was talking to a woman recently who ate there last night. She said it was just Ok. Her BIL seemed happy with everything. So who knows. 

• Like 1