Prima/LIVE/Feb 26 to March 5, 2023/non-Sistahs Cruise

Greenpea2

I am am home once again. A long day. I have a wrap-up to do and I will do it. But I have 16 e-mails with work attachments to deal with so might not be for a few days or maybe bits and pieces in the next couple days. I so appreciate those of you who joined me and hopefully enjoyed my Live Posts.

I will say that our Cagney's 2.0 visit was absolutely fantastic. Perfect. We had so many "visitors" we were overwhelmed. Quite a memorable meal! We lost count after 6 visits by any number of  levels of NCL personnel. Very grateful to know, see, hear, and experience the pride and caring and love for NCL at so many levels. They wnted it RIGHT--not just for us. For any NCL passenger. That was very clear to us.. And it was RIGHT. It was wonderful. 

I will be back to finish things up. And again, thank you to anyone who followed. We had a beautiful cruise.

Cagney's has NOT lost it. If you think it has, as we started to, give it another try. Give them a chance. You will be glad you did. And...if not, TELL them. I would and will eat there again in a NC minute. 🙂

• Like 28
  • Thanks 7

I'm rereading your voyage as I am thinking of straight up upgrading to the Haven versus bidding. If the pool was cold in Florida, I think that I'll definitely have to pass on it in Iceland in June.

BTW, is there any exercise equipment in the Haven  on Prima as there is on Epic? Thanks,

3 hours ago, Greenpea2 said:

I am am home once again. A long day. I have a wrap-up to do and I will do it. But I have 16 e-mails with work attachments to deal with so might not be for a few days or maybe bits and pieces in the next couple days. I so appreciate those of you who joined me and hopefully enjoyed my Live Posts.

I will say that our Cagney's 2.0 visit was absolutely fantastic. Perfect. We had so many "visitors" we were overwhelmed. Quite a memorable meal! We lost count after 6 visits by any number of  levels of NCL personnel. Very grateful to know, see, hear, and experience the pride and caring and love for NCL at so many levels. They wnted it RIGHT--not just for us. For any NCL passenger. That was very clear to us.. And it was RIGHT. It was wonderful. 

I will be back to finish things up. And again, thank you to anyone who followed. We had a beautiful cruise.

Cagney's has NOT lost it. If you think it has, as we started to, give it another try. Give them a chance. You will be glad you did. And...if not, TELL them. I would and will eat there again in a NC minute. 🙂

Thank you for sharing your cruise with us.  Fantastic review!

• Like 4

Thank you @Greenpea2for sharing your non-sistahs cruise with us!  Looks like you and DH had a wonderful time on the Prima!  I'm so glad for that!  Maybe next time we'll be reading about the Sisters and their DHs having a crazy adventure!  Either way, so happy for you.  

You have inspired me.... I'm working on my 2 dear sistahs now to get something on our calendars! We should not wait for tomorrow when we could be living it up on a ship today! 🙂

• Like 2

8 hours ago, nhtravels said:

Thank you @Greenpea2for sharing your non-sistahs cruise with us!  Looks like you and DH had a wonderful time on the Prima!  I'm so glad for that!  Maybe next time we'll be reading about the Sisters and their DHs having a crazy adventure!  Either way, so happy for you.  

You have inspired me.... I'm working on my 2 dear sistahs now to get something on our calendars! We should not wait for tomorrow when we could be living it up on a ship today! 🙂

Yes do it! Life seems to go by so quickly. You Sistahs will have a great time!

10 hours ago, GALSews said:

I'm rereading your voyage as I am thinking of straight up upgrading to the Haven versus bidding. If the pool was cold in Florida, I think that I'll definitely have to pass on it in Iceland in June.

BTW, is there any exercise equipment in the Haven  on Prima as there is on Epic? Thanks,

I thought I answered this, but now I don't see my reply! So no, there is not exercise equipment in the Haven, and yes, the pool is chilly. BUT there are a a couple of hot tubs on both Haven sun decks--never crowded. Maybe 1 or 2 people now and again in each. I would imagine those hot tubs would be awesome in Iceland. And the views on the top sun deck would be so good.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Greenpea2 said:

I am glad to hear it was a better experience. I was thinking about canceling my Apr 2nd reservation but I will keep it. My first experience with Cagney's was on the Star and it was awful. I then visited it on  Breakaway, Getaway, Escape and Bliss and they were all wonderful. I hope my Prima dinner is as good as your second visit. 

• Like 2

Just now, firstimecruiseronncl said:

I am glad to hear it was a better experience. I was thinking about canceling my Apr 2nd reservation but I will keep it. My first experience with Cagney's was on the Star and it was awful. I then visited it on  Breakaway, Getaway, Escape and Bliss and they were all wonderful. I hope my Prima dinner is as good as your second visit. 

Maybe they had reached a "moment of complacency", which I think just happens sometimes. But it certainly seems they have jumped back into the fray of excellence again. The response was so quick and complete that I'm sure they are at peak performance once again!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Greenpea2 said:

I thought I answered this, but now I don't see my reply! So no, there is not exercise equipment in the Haven, and yes, the pool is chilly. BUT there are a a couple of hot tubs on both Haven sun decks--never crowded. Maybe 1 or 2 people now and again in each. I would imagine those hot tubs would be awesome in Iceland. And the views on the top sun deck would be so good.

Thanks. I've enjoyed following your cruise.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Greenpea2 said:

Yeah but it was the Haven bar that said it is not. Who knows! 

Interesting.  On the Beverage Package inclusions list updated 1/23 it clearly states it's included.  Shame on NCL if they're not honoring that.

Premium Plus.jpg

10 minutes ago, Lupush said:

Interesting.  On the Beverage Package inclusions list updated 1/23 it clearly states it's included.  Shame on NCL if they're not honoring that.

Premium Plus.jpg

I don't think it's fair to say that NCL did not honor that. The bartender referred to whatever he had there at the bar listing what is available. So his mistake clearly was based on the info he had. Believe me, those bartenders were happy to give us any top-shelf item we wanted that was included in our package.

• Like 2

Loved your review!  Glad to see Cagney's 2.0 was up to speed and to your satisfaction!  It's a great team on Prima and they really do want feedback!  How was the shrimp, lol.  

Can't wait to get on again with DH end of April.  He's not been on yet but I scouted it for 5 nights (so hope I don't get as lost this time).

Thanks for putting such effort into a great review.  BTW,, do I detect just a little smile on your husband's face during the Salsa class?!  Looked like a fun time!

Looks like NCL took very good care of you all around the ship (not just the Haven).  

Enjoy your next cruise, wherever it is and with whomever!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, snorklinbarb said:

Loved your review!  Glad to see Cagney's 2.0 was up to speed and to your satisfaction!  It's a great team on Prima and they really do want feedback!  How was the shrimp, lol.  

Can't wait to get on again with DH end of April.  He's not been on yet but I scouted it for 5 nights (so hope I don't get as lost this time).

Thanks for putting such effort into a great review.  BTW,, do I detect just a little smile on your husband's face during the Salsa class?!  Looked like a fun time!

Looks like NCL took very good care of you all around the ship (not just the Haven).  

Enjoy your next cruise, wherever it is and with whomever!!

So funny you should ask that about the shrimp, lol. I was SO not in the mood for it as I had had the coconut shrimp for the second time at Hudson's the night before...plus, what if it was icky again! But yes, I ordered it. It was delicious. Big, plump, no limpness (!) and yummy. And yeah, somewhat to my surprise DH had as great a time on the cruise as I did. And he did surprise me at Salsa and Salsa. Who was that outgoing guy?! And DANCING?? (Or trying to) 

• Like 15