can you upgrade your drink package once onboard?

Illbcruzn4life

I booked my first cruise with MSC last week during the Free Wifi/Free Easy Bev. Pkg. promotion, and I asked the Rep. if I could upgrade to a higher level package.  She told me no.   I was tempted to call back in hopes of getting a different Rep. to ask the same question.  However, I just opted to take the basic cruise fare without the perks, because the Easy Pkg. would be useless for me.  

2 hours ago, flowergirl22 said:

I booked my first cruise with MSC last week during the Free Wifi/Free Easy Bev. Pkg. promotion, and I asked the Rep. if I could upgrade to a higher level package.  She told me no.   I was tempted to call back in hopes of getting a different Rep. to ask the same question.  However, I just opted to take the basic cruise fare without the perks, because the Easy Pkg. would be useless for me.  

if the easy package is useless didn't you have the option to pick a different package that was less money that included OBC?

8 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

We have the drink package included with our booking. I'm assuming it's the easy plus. If that is true can you upgrade to the premium package?

I was able to update from Easy to Premium without any problems last year. This was actively offered at the bars on the first days.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, flowergirl22 said:

you can upgrade your drink package!!

do it through the app or website before  the cruise because that saves you 15% with doing it onboard.

15 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

We have the drink package included with our booking. I'm assuming it's the easy plus. If that is true can you upgrade to the premium package?

Yes, you can do it online beforehand and save the 15%.  In addition the European cruise sites are reporting a large increase in beverage packages to go into effect tomorrow. Not sure if this is happening in the US market or not.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Morgsmom said:

Yes, you can do it online beforehand and save the 15%.  In addition the European cruise sites are reporting a large increase in beverage packages to go into effect tomorrow. Not sure if this is happening in the US market or not.

thank you very much. Now to go to the MSC website and try to figure out how to do the upgrade. lol

44 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

thank you very much. Now to go to the MSC website and try to figure out how to do the upgrade. lol

If you figure it out, please let me know. We cruise in 20 days on Seascape and I have looked all over the site and app, but cannot find it. I’d like to save the 15% by upgrading before my cruise but it doesn’t seem possible for me. 

I can’t even find the option for speciality dining packages. 

Edited by surfjock27

47 minutes ago, surfjock27 said:

If you figure it out, please let me know. We cruise in 20 days on Seascape and I have looked all over the site and app, but cannot find it. I’d like to save the 15% by upgrading before my cruise but it doesn’t seem possible for me. 

Sorry i cant help. Just spent 20 minutes poking around and am still no closer to figuring it out. I must say MSC’s website is one of the most user unfriendly sites I have ever used.  

i went into manage my booking and click drink packages and got all different options for things but nothing for drink packages

55 minutes ago, surfjock27 said:

I see the option to upgrade my drink package on the website when I click on Beverages at the top (not the phone app):

image.thumb.png.fd5cde3ca6467ee012ee247ecd9e7927.png

However, when I click on Specialty Restaurants, I just get "Item not found."

And don't ask me how all those cakes count as "Beverages"....

Edited by JamieLogical

1 minute ago, JamieLogical said:

I see the option to upgrade my drink package on the website when I click on Beverages at the top (not the phone app):

image.thumb.png.fd5cde3ca6467ee012ee247ecd9e7927.png

However, when I click on Specialty Restaurants, I just get "Item not found."

I don’t have the option on the site or the app. Ugh. 

13 hours ago, surfjock27 said:

I don’t have the option on the site or the app. Ugh. 

nor me. I've just seen this in the FAQs under "Can I upgrade my drinks package"

Yes, this option is available to all our guests. In pre-cruise sales, the upgrades are available only for the guests with the package included in their cruise promotion, furthermore at discounted price. On board, all upgrade options are open for all guests at full price.  

Edited by elmsliebev

7 hours ago, elmsliebev said:

nor me. I've just seen this in the FAQs under "Can I upgrade my drinks package"

Yes, this option is available to all our guests. In pre-cruise sales, the upgrades are available only for the guests with the package included in their cruise promotion, furthermore at discounted price. On board, all upgrade options are open for all guests at full price.  

Seems like a secret. I wish someone that was successful doing it online could do a step by step instruction post. 

i certainly can’t figure out how.🤨

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

Seems like a secret. I wish someone that was successful doing it online could do a step by step instruction post. 

i certainly can’t figure out how.🤨

I never had the option of upgrading either. I kept calling and calling.  Today, I FINALLY got someone who knew what they were doing.  My booking was linked with my 2 nieces.  All 3 of us had the easy+ package.  It woulnd't let me upgrade unless all 3 cabins upgraded at the same time.  The rep unlinked my bookings from the other 2 and -VOILA- the option to upgrade my drinks package showed up in about a minute.  Since I booked a solo cabin, it will be very easy for me to "show up" and request a dining time/room change to theirs if need be.  Oh, BTW, I was able to upgrade for $140 for a 7 day cruise.  The price increase had not hit the upgrades yet.

On 2/27/2023 at 2:44 PM, surfjock27 said:

Update: I called MSC and found a competent agent! She was able to get the package upgraded and paid for within 10 minutes. $20 per person, per day, $280 total for two, from Easy Plus to Premium. 

8 hours ago, surfjock27 said:

Update: I called MSC and found a competent agent! She was able to get the package upgraded and paid for within 10 minutes. $20 per person, per day, $280 total for two, from Easy Plus to Premium. 

It took my rep about 20 minutes, but that was because I had linked my booking with my adult daughter's booking. My daughter had been told she couldn't upgrade from Easy Plus to Premium. Once the bookings were unlinked it took only a few minutes. As others have said, it is hit or miss whether you get a competent rep. I have to commend my last one as she worked the problem until it was resolved.