Travel insurance just for COVID reasons?

Hammergirl

We want to buy insurance for our trip and honestly only need it in case the cruise lines or county change their COVID vaccination status or start making people wear masks again. We don't need to for anything else. Is there somewhere to get a policy like this? I have looked on trip insurance store and insure my trip and both are giving me a price of $1,000 to $2,000 for a trip that costs $11,500. It includes all the unnecessary medical stuff that we don't need. 

I literally just want to be able to cancel my trip should the COVID policies change and I no longer want to take the cruise. 

Thanks

Then buy the cruise line insurance which includes a "CFAR" Cancel for Any Reason rider in their policy.

You can cancel right up to scheduled sailing time, but you only receive a &5% and in some cases (depending on your cruise line of choice) up to a 100% credit towards a future cruise.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Hammergirl said:

We want to buy insurance for our trip and honestly only need it in case the cruise lines or county change their COVID vaccination status or start making people wear masks again. We don't need to for anything else. Is there somewhere to get a policy like this? I have looked on trip insurance store and insure my trip and both are giving me a price of $1,000 to $2,000 for a trip that costs $11,500. It includes all the unnecessary medical stuff that we don't need. 

I literally just want to be able to cancel my trip should the COVID policies change and I no longer want to take the cruise. 

Thanks

Hi Hammergirl,

As klfrodo said, your only choice is you get a plan with the "CFAR" Cancel for Any Reason coverage.

Steve Dasseos

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, klfrodo said:

Then buy the cruise line insurance which includes a "CFAR" Cancel for Any Reason rider in their policy.

You can cancel right up to scheduled sailing time, but you only receive a &5% and in some cases (depending on your cruise line of choice) up to a 100% credit towards a future cruise.

Note to self: Proof reading prior to hitting submit reply could mean all the difference.  In the 3rd line where I say &5%, should say 75%. My apologies.  

1 hour ago, klfrodo said:

Note to self: Proof reading prior to hitting submit reply could mean all the difference.  In the 3rd line where I say &5%, should say 75%. My apologies.  

No worries - I just looked at my keyboard to see what number you meant. 🙂