Carnival Spirit Room 8120 (or similar) Balcony Room Photos Needed

Moondoggy51

Yesterday a Carnival Cruise Rep booked us into room 8120 on the Carnival Spirit.  Afterwards, my wife noticed that there was a asterisk next to the room number that indicates that this room has either a sleeper sofa or Pullman beds in the room to accommodate more than 2 guests.  My wife is concerned about what the room is going to look like with a Pullman as it will just be the 2 of us with the bed setup as a king.  My wife is also concerned about the potential noise level from the Lido desk above and how much motion we will feel when the ship is underway.  I called back this morning to try and switch rooms to something more midship but the cruise is nearly completely booked and there was nothing available midship on any desk.  I was given a phone number to call back periodically to check for a change in availability but I'm wondering if this is "much ado about nothing"....

If there's anyone out there that has stayed in room 8120 or a similar balcony room on the Spirit that has these extra Pullman beds that were unused during their cruise that can you please share any room photos  of the room with me?  Also any information about the noise on deck 8 and motion experience from a forward cabin I would appreciated that as well. 

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer. 

The Pullman upper will be flush with the ceiling, you won’t even know it is there unless you look for it.  

Although this is a 4K, not a balcony, your cabin will look the same, and note the pullman in the ceiling...outline. 

00-WxZi_LU868kT2HrtfQ4xeUif5jgFlzWejUl8vEM

Edited by Essiesmom

Thanks for the photo.  This really helps me out.  Not sure what you meant by 4K but it will help ease my wife's concern about the Pullman.  So....  if this is a photo of the Spirit on deck 8, do you have any insight into the concerns about the potential noise from the Lido desk and motion of the ship from the forward section of the ship?

The picture was taken on Pride, deck 4.  4K cabins are special to the Spirit class.  They are classed as inside cabins, but they have floor to ceiling windows looking out at lifeboats.  The window used to be French doors that actually opened, but they have all been sealed.  
Your cabin is under the spa, and I don’t know what the gray areas are.  But the running track is above you so there might be noise, depending on how early people get out to run.  EM

On 2/27/2023 at 11:23 AM, Moondoggy51 said:

My wife is also concerned about the potential noise level from the Lido desk above 

On 2/27/2023 at 6:47 PM, Essiesmom said:

Your cabin is under the spa, and I don’t know what the gray areas are.  But the running track is above you so there might be noise, depending on how early people get out to run. 

The gray areas on the map above OPs cabin are spa treatment rooms, so they shouldn't be noisy.

The running track on Spirit is on the 11th deck. The deck above OPs room is an infrequently traveled open deck area that doesn't even have any seating if I remember correctly. Noise from above shouldn't be a concern for cabin 8120 at all.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We have had balcony cabins below Lido, the only time we noticed noise was when we were sitting on our balcony. Mostly we would hear chairs being moved or occasionally music. We didn’t find it overly disturbing. Sounds like you most likely won’t hear any of that-enjoy!

On 2/27/2023 at 6:49 PM, mz-s said:

Room 8120 isn't really below Lido, it's below the Spa. I think you'll be fine noise-wise.

Now if you were midship on Deck 8, or aft, I'd be a little more concerned.

Actually, I’ve been midship and aft on 8 and it was pretty quiet. Midship a lot of the area is under the buffet which is surprisingly quiet and aft is under Serenity. You just have to watch for where the pool areas are.  It’s an interesting layout for sure! 

On 2/27/2023 at 9:23 AM, Moondoggy51 said:

Yesterday a Carnival Cruise Rep booked us into room 8120 on the Carnival Spirit.  Afterwards, my wife noticed that there was a asterisk next to the room number that indicates that this room has either a sleeper sofa or Pullman beds in the room to accommodate more than 2 guests.  My wife is concerned about what the room is going to look like with a Pullman as it will just be the 2 of us with the bed setup as a king.  My wife is also concerned about the potential noise level from the Lido desk above and how much motion we will feel when the ship is underway.  I called back this morning to try and switch rooms to something more midship but the cruise is nearly completely booked and there was nothing available midship on any desk.  I was given a phone number to call back periodically to check for a change in availability but I'm wondering if this is "much ado about nothing"....

If there's anyone out there that has stayed in room 8120 or a similar balcony room on the Spirit that has these extra Pullman beds that were unused during their cruise that can you please share any room photos  of the room with me?  Also any information about the noise on deck 8 and motion experience from a forward cabin I would appreciated that as well. 

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer. 

Google it