Speciality Restaurant reservations prior to sailing date

IDL

1 minute ago, IDL said:

Can specific speciality restaurant reservations be made prior to the sailing date and if so how far in advance. 

If you buy single specialty restaurant reservations, you can choose from a menu of available dining times and dates.  This can be done before you board.  I have done it several months in advance through my online Cruise Planner.  The actual lead time to make an online reservation is dependent on when Celebrity makes it available.  For example, we have an upcoming Christmas/NYE Solstice cruise and specialty dining reservations cannot be made on line yet even though it is available for sailings before and after ours.  

If you buy a specialty restaurant package (several reservations which give you a price break) in advance of your cruise, you must wait until you board to make your dining time/date selection.  

53 minutes ago, IDL said:

Can specific speciality restaurant reservations be made prior to the sailing date and if so how far in advance. 

Be aware that you'll be charged at the time you make the reservation as I was in January when I booked a dinner on Apex in June '23. The same applied to Excursions I booked in November 22 for the same cruise. X already has the money.

Norris

1 hour ago, mahdnc said:

If you buy single specialty restaurant reservations, you can choose from a menu of available dining times and dates.  This can be done before you board.  I have done it several months in advance through my online Cruise Planner.  The actual lead time to make an online reservation is dependent on when Celebrity makes it available.  For example, we have an upcoming Christmas/NYE Solstice cruise and specialty dining reservations cannot be made on line yet even though it is available for sailings before and after ours.  

If you buy a specialty restaurant package (several reservations which give you a price break) in advance of your cruise, you must wait until you board to make your dining time/date selection.  

Thank you, we did the package so your last sentence is applicable. 

I recently asked about this in an email and Celebrity Dining Operations Administrator replied to say that

"With a normal sailing, dining is typically loaded about 10 – 15 months in advance. However, with Holiday Sailings like your upcoming Celebrity Edge cruise on Dec. 21, 2023 – sailings that encompass Christmas and/or New Years -  the dining is generally loaded much closer to the sailing date.  Historically speaking, for the past 2 years our Holiday Sailings are loaded around September/October, so about 3 months before sailing."

Hope that helps 🙂

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Wookie01 said:

However, with Holiday Sailings like your upcoming Celebrity Edge cruise on Dec. 21, 2023 – sailings that encompass Christmas and/or New Years -  the dining is generally loaded much closer to the sailing date.  Historically speaking, for the past 2 years our Holiday Sailings are loaded around September/October, so about 3 months before sailing."

Thanks.  That would explain why mine has not been loaded yet.

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 1