Regent cruise with flights - grateful for advice.

As far as control, are you asking about seat assignments? If so, our recent experience is that we were able to change our own seats on Virgin Atlantic a few days after Regent booked the tickets after we deviated flights (270 days out). On British Airways, we were able to change seats via our TA talking to Regent.

4 hours ago, jadeamberruby said:

Hello, Would you be able to let me know when passengers would be in control of their flight tickets if booked via TA who submitted booking to Regent (so cruise and flights as part of package). Thanks in advance.

Amber

Ours were released to pre book seats 80 - 90 days out last.sept  in the UK for our Dec cruise

• Like 1

Thank you all for replying.

Middle names in wrong sequence... Regent wanting to charge £300 whereas the airline said it would only cost £20. However, I am not in control of my flight tickets (as Regent booked them) so cannot make the changes myself. So was wondering when I would have control of the tickets to deal directly with airline... 

5 minutes ago, jadeamberruby said:

Middle names in wrong sequence... Regent wanting to charge £300 whereas the airline said it would only cost £20. However, I am not in control of my flight tickets (as Regent booked them) so cannot make the changes myself. So was wondering when I would have control of the tickets to deal directly with airline... 

This sounds painful and I hope you manage to get it sorted out in time without too much hassle and cost!

22 hours ago, pappy1022 said:

As far as control, are you asking about seat assignments? If so, our recent experience is that we were able to change our own seats on Virgin Atlantic a few days after Regent booked the tickets after we deviated flights (270 days out). On British Airways, we were able to change seats via our TA talking to Regent.

I agree regarding Virgin. In the UK we can also request seats a few days after Regent make the booking. However, and unfortunately, whilst BA allow US customers to choose seats in the same time period, here in the UK we can only do that when the e-tickets are issued usually 70 days before the flight.

Regent did allow me on one occasion to pay for the airfare element in advance in order for me to choose seats after a previous experience when no seats were available when I came to choose them due to BA overselling.

The first offer was for an overnight at Heathrow at our expense.

We then upgraded to concierge and were allocated flights gaining a night in Lisbon. We lost the shuttle from Manchester to Heathrow. No flights available. We then asked for business class to get flights.

Regent ended up buying us good business class  flights at a decent price, waving the deviation fee as the flight was two days before the cruise. 

TA was on with Regent for 4 hrs every time the lady found a flight and our TA spoke to us ( I stayed by thevphone ) the flights were gone. Still we feel Regent tried hard within the limits they seem to be working with. We are paying for the extra night. We were satisfied with the deal.

However we are still waiting for the hotel to be allocated so there could be more to our journey.

20 hours ago, jadeamberruby said:

Believe you are confused and need to read the Regent Terms and Conditions.  Airlines are a third party in legal talk and while Regent does solve airline issues, the T's and C's clearly state that Regent is NOT responsible for issues with third parties booked thru Regent. 

Have never had issues with making changes to airlines booed by any cruise line once the flights are actually ticketed.  While the average traveler has their flights ticketed immediately upon booking and paying, while cruise lines have different relationships and can book but, not ticket or pay for flights until closer to the flights.

The possibility that your flights are not ticketed could be why you have to deal thru Regent but, for sure once ticketed and paid you have the same "control" that you woul d have if you bought them yourself.

I don't have any dealings with Regent regarding flights. ( 2 previous cruises, both concierge so just went along with flights provided ) Have just booked a cruise on Splendor in July with flights from Heathrow included with Regent, with the cruise finishing in Southampton it made transfers more difficult for us. So a phone call too our TA at the weekend regarding getting flights out of our local airport, on Tuesday afternoon i got a phone call from him telling me that Regent can arrange flights from our local airport for a very small supplement. New flights arranged from different airport than originally given and 148 day's before departure, no problem.

12 hours ago, rallydave said:

Believe you are confused and need to read the Regent Terms and Conditions.  Airlines are a third party in legal talk and while Regent does solve airline issues, the T's and C's clearly state that Regent is NOT responsible for issues with third parties booked thru Regent. 

Not the case, and not a legally enforceable contract term, for bookings made in the U.K. The OP/TS/author is in the U.K. 

On 3/2/2023 at 5:30 AM, jadeamberruby said:

Middle names in wrong sequence

If your TA and/or Regent made the booking and made the error, then I do not see why you should be charged; especially since the flights have not yet been ticketed.

Suggest you raise the matter again with your TA and Regent.