Can you check a case of water at Pier with luggage?

4 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Pointing out the obvious:  If you order water to your room, the cabin attendants (and wait staff, who also deliver luggage) are the ones who deliver it to your room.  Water is heavy, and it makes no difference to the workers whether you packed it from home or whether they took it from the ship's supplies.  

The attendants that deliver your luggage do not use the beverage carts that move through the hallways before the cabins are open.  

And no...the cabin attendants DO NOT deliver those purchased water cases to your cabin.  It is the beverage department.  Separate department, delivered well before you have access to your cabin.  That is why it is waiting for you when you enter after cabins are opened to new pax. 

How many times have you done B2B cruises?  If you did...you would know that.  Now you do. 

• Like 1

Water is an item I just order from the cruise line and have it waiting in my cabin....$20 total with gratuity for a 24 count case of water. I hate when I have to buy water at the grocery store and have to carry it home....never mind lugging it to the port and going through all that. For me it's not worth the hassle for the price difference for just a case of water.

• Like 4

If you are able and willing to pay the price of a cruise, it seems silly to me to go through the inconvenience of carrying water on board.  Buy the bottles from RCL and have them delivered to your cabin. It's 20 bucks, more or less.  And drink ship's water, it's great.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, island lady said:

The attendants that deliver your luggage do not use the beverage carts that move through the hallways before the cabins are open.  

And no...the cabin attendants DO NOT deliver those purchased water cases to your cabin.  It is the beverage department.  Separate department, delivered well before you have access to your cabin.  That is why it is waiting for you when you enter after cabins are opened to new pax. 

How many times have you done B2B cruises?  If you did...you would know that.  Now you do. 

But the point is that SOMEONE is delivering these heavy cases to the rooms -- so what's the difference?  

Who's talking about B2Bs?  Irrelevant.  

45 minutes ago, scooter6251 said:

If you are able and willing to pay the price of a cruise, it seems silly to me to go through the inconvenience of carrying water on board.  Buy the bottles from RCL and have them delivered to your cabin. It's 20 bucks, more or less.  And drink ship's water, it's great.

I agree no one needs to bring water onboard, as the ship's water is perfectly good. 

BUT I don't accept this argument.  Just because I've spent X amount on the cruise doesn't meant I should spend Y amount on water.  Unrelated items.  

8 hours ago, kimkencruzers said:

My apologies if this has been answered before.  My last cruise in Fort Lauderdale, I remember seeing someone had a case of water on their big pile of luggage and now I'm wondering if they were able to get it delivered to their cabin or had to walk it in themselves?

Thanks in advance

Perhaps it was vodka disguised as water .

1 hour ago, Mum2Mercury said:

I agree no one needs to bring water onboard, as the ship's water is perfectly good. 

BUT I don't accept this argument.  Just because I've spent X amount on the cruise doesn't meant I should spend Y amount on water.  Unrelated items.  

Lots of people say that, but I don't care for the taste.  We bring our own with us and/or buy some at the ports we visit.  I put several liter and a half bottle in a canvas bag and attach a luggage tag to it.  Makes it to our stateroom every time.

14 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

But the point is that SOMEONE is delivering these heavy cases to the rooms -- so what's the difference?  

Who's talking about B2Bs?  Irrelevant.  

1.  The cases of water are being wheeled down the empty hallways on carts before pax check into the cabins.

2. Being B2B means we are usually in our cabin during turn around day (after having to gone  through the TAD meeting) when the beverage department with their cases loaded onto that wheeled cart, knock on our door to deliver.  We would not know they were beverage department (once again separate department) if they did not tell us.  

Your heavy case of (now prohibited) checked luggage water had to be hand to carried to your cabin by the totally separate department of housekeeping.  No wheels...bulky heavy hand carry. 

What's the difference?  Do you carry your checked suitcases...or do you wheel them?  Wheels do make a difference.  Now you know....again. 

15 hours ago, bajathree said:

Water is an item I just order from the cruise line and have it waiting in my cabin....$20 total with gratuity for a 24 count case of water. I hate when I have to buy water at the grocery store and have to carry it home....never mind lugging it to the port and going through all that. For me it's not worth the hassle for the price difference for just a case of water.

Totally agree, and do the same.  🙂 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

I don't pay for the water.  I use my always available on board credit.  I let RCI pay for it.  

15 hours ago, scooter6251 said:

And totally agree.  

I do both.  Drink the ship's water from the WJ, and the restaurants.  Plus love having my water available in my cabin in the bottles...especially at night.  🙂 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, island lady said:

1.  The cases of water are being wheeled down the empty hallways on carts before pax check into the cabins.

2. Being B2B means we are usually in our cabin during turn around day (after having to gone  through the TAD meeting) when the beverage department with their cases loaded onto that wheeled cart, knock on our door to deliver.  We would not know they were beverage department (once again separate department) if they did not tell us.  

Your heavy case of (now prohibited) checked luggage water had to be hand to carried to your cabin by the totally separate department of housekeeping.  No wheels...bulky heavy hand carry. 

What's the difference?  Do you carry your checked suitcases...or do you wheel them?  Wheels do make a difference.  Now you know....again. 

Pointing out the obvious:  

- Someone has to lift the heavy cases of water onto the carts.  

- Someone has to push those heavy-heavy water carts down the hall.  

- Who delivers the waters isn't really germane to this discussion.  

My point:  Whether you put your water into a suitcase or have it delivered to your room, someone is doing the heavy lifting on your behalf.  

Edited by Mum2Mercury

2 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Pointing out the obvious:  

- Someone has to lift the heavy cases of water onto the carts.  

- Someone has to push those heavy-heavy water carts down the hall.  

- Who delivers the waters isn't really germane to this discussion.  

My point:  Whether you put your water into a suitcase or have it delivered to your room, someone is doing the heavy lifting on your behalf.  

OK...obviously you just don't get it do you?   And from most of your past posts...you seem to have a negative attitude to everyone.  Don't need it any longer.  Bye bye...I have placed you on ignore.  

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

OK...obviously you just don't get it do you?   And from most of your past posts...you seem to have a negative attitude to everyone.  Don't need it any longer.  Bye bye...I have placed you on ignore.  

Cool.  Enjoy it.  

On 3/1/2023 at 9:25 AM, RobInMN said:

There was an official policy change some number of years ago, and you have to carry it on, you can't check it.

"Guests may also bring non-alcoholic beverages as carry-on items on boarding day."

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/food-drink-onboard-policy

I checked a rollaboard full of Perrier on Delta, then took it to Port Canaveral with the intention of hand-carrying it in per the FAQ, but I just forgot and checked it in. I expected some hassles over it but they just delivered it with my other luggage.  Your mileage may vary.

On 3/1/2023 at 3:47 PM, bajathree said:

I would love to buy a case of sparkling water from Royal, but that's not an option. They do sell it by the bottle at the bar, but the last couple times I did that it was small glass bottles with a pop top, and they insisted on opening it.  So no way to keep in in your stateroom for more than an hour or whatever.  So, I buy two six-packs of Perrier or Peligrino in the shrink wrap at the grocery store, and put it in my roller bag.  Get free ice on the ship and as the Brits would say, bob's your uncle.

• Like 1