Need TA help from fellow Canadian Members

WayneLaR

Hi everyone - first off, thanks to the great board members to have educated me so much about Oceania!  I've poured over this board for the past couple weeks absorbing as much as I can. I've taken the plunge and put a hold on an A1 cabin on the Marina's transatlantic sailing in November of this year. After sailing exclusively on Celebrity since 2015, I figured it was time to take that plunge for what I'm sure will be an elevated experience.  We are so excited we can't wait.  Hardly even thinking about the 9 day med cruise we have in June on Celebrity Reflection, lol!

To my question.  Have Canadian members used US based TAs for their bookings?  I understand you can transfer your booking to a TA for a period of time after the fact and I am wondering if US TAs are an option, or if I need to use a Canadian TA? 

If a Canadian TA is the only option (or better option), does anyone have any recommendations as to TAs?  I did try to work through a TA I have used in the past, but they don't seem all that interested.  They have ignored me for the better part of a week now so I guess it is time to move on and find another.  At one time I wouldn't think of not using someone local, but those days are long past.

Would appreciate any help you can provide.  Thanks!

We use a Canadian TA and though we are at a distance, we continue to use her as we get great service. Perhaps you can ask other travellers in NB for a recommendation as find this is one of the best ways of obtaining good referrals.

Edited by WESTEAST

I don't know about NB travel coverage if the TA fails to deliver or goes belly up or the destination (re cruise line) as well.  Ontario does have such a requirement to sell travel in Ontario.  It is a safety issue to ensure the $ are not lost.

We use a Vancouver TA who, I understand is licensed to sell across Canada except Quebec.  For bookings at Concierge and above the do have included trip insurance (some limitations but not age)

Find an Agency you trust and then find the TA in that Agency who quickly responds to questions.

3 hours ago, blg said:

On a similar subject... how does one go about looking for a Canadian TA who offers free gratuities on a specific Oceania cruise?

Google

maybe check youtube some agencies  do video tours of the ships

FWIW  I can pay in USD or CAD   via my USA  TA   just ask  

Thanks for the replies.  I have checked YouTube and couldn't find an agent that mentioned it. We are Gold on Oceania and our (now retired) agent did offer gratuities, but the new agents seem to have NO clue what I'm even talking about. May have to start using a US agent.

23 minutes ago, blg said:

We are Gold on Oceania and our (now retired) agent did offer gratuities, but the new agents seem to have NO clue what I'm even talking about. May have to start using a US agent.

Haven't you been getting PPGs since you became Silver?  Trying to understand what your issue is.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, blg said:

Thanks for the replies.  I have checked YouTube and couldn't find an agent that mentioned it. We are Gold on Oceania and our (now retired) agent did offer gratuities, but the new agents seem to have NO clue what I'm even talking about. May have to start using a US agent.

If you are Gold  you should be getting PPG  from O Club

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/oceania-club-benefits

I think  they now have  stopped the extra OBC  from TA's for PPG

There  was a post recently about this

14 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

If you are Gold  you should be getting PPG  from O Club

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/oceania-club-benefits

I think  they now have  stopped the extra OBC  from TA's for PPG

There  was a post recently about this

That's what we were looking for.  I thought that there was extra OBC for duplicate PPG. Now I know and won't worry about it. Thanks so much LHT28.