Size matters!

Anyone else pack like this?  I plan to wear my most fitted dress the first night, second night not quite as fitted, third night is more forgiving....last night is a muu-muu! 😂 Ok, maybe not a muu-muu but VERY forgiving.  Tell me I'm not alone!  😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You're not alone.  I'm carefully planning my DH's wardrobe that way as he has gained since our last cruise. I usually did it for myself, but I found out I was diabetic a couple years ago and lost 60 lbs on my new diet. All my favorite cruise wear is too big. I've bought some new stuff and done some sewing.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Kolleen said:

You're not alone.  I'm carefully planning my DH's wardrobe that way as he has gained since our last cruise. I usually did it for myself, but I found out I was diabetic a couple years ago and lost 60 lbs on my new diet. All my favorite cruise wear is too big. I've bought some new stuff and done some sewing.

You did great, losing weight!!  My DH lost about 30 pounds in the last two years and he's got new clothes for his "new look".  I've gone on 8 cruises since the Restart and I've been trying to keep it off in between the cruises.  On going battle, but I'm going to win!  Or wear muu-muus 😉 beacuse I'm not giving up cruising!

• Like 1

I don't specifically do this - but since there's no access to irons on Celebrity, I only pack knits that don't need ironing, and those have a lot more give 😉

I think this has been going on for a long time. Many years ago - like 25 - one of my friends borrowed a pair of dressy palazzo pants from me for her cruise. She wanted them specifically for the elastic waistband - and she described them as Buffet Pants! 😁😆

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Anyone else pack like this?  I plan to wear my most fitted dress the first night, second night not quite as fitted, third night is more forgiving....last night is a muu-muu! 😂 Ok, maybe not a muu-muu but VERY forgiving.  Tell me I'm not alone!  😉

Sorry, can't relate -- I think I don't gain on a cruise because I walk so much during the course of the day and make sure to hit the gym every day.  

18 hours ago, Kolleen said:

Wow, what a loss!  You deserved some new clothes after that hard work. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Sorry, can't relate -- I think I don't gain on a cruise because I walk so much during the course of the day and make sure to hit the gym every day.  

Wow, what a loss!  You deserved some new clothes after that hard work. 

I go to the gym, walk on the track and use the stairs while on my cruise. Probably because I like trying new foods and drinks that my salt intake increases.  You know (or maybe you don't😉) that can translate into bloat, the nemesis of many a form fitting outfit.  Oh well, it's worth it for me to not be rigid for my cruise because I know I'll be back on track once I get home😁

• Like 1

I am not a "dress gal" so nope, I cannot relate. I wear slacks/pants as my evening attire. Depending on how dressy I want to be, that would be which pants I wear but I have not owned/worn a dress in years.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Lois R said:

I am not a "dress gal" so nope, I cannot relate. I wear slacks/pants as my evening attire. Depending on how dressy I want to be, that would be which pants I wear but I have not owned/worn a dress in years.

Yeah, I probably should have said "form fitting outfit" to include pants/slacks as well.  I do wear pants but it's usually day 3 or 4 of the cruise since the pants have a stretchy waist.  Yay elastic!!🤣

• Haha 1

I do pack comfy clothes, even my “dressy” things. But I’ve done pretty well at maintaining my weight even while cruising, because we don’t use the elevators and we walk everywhere. Plus, I like to sample lots of dishes but don’t feel obligated to finish each. We typically get in at least 18,000 steps a day when cruising. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

I go to the gym, walk on the track and use the stairs while on my cruise. Probably because I like trying new foods and drinks that my salt intake increases.  You know (or maybe you don't😉) that can translate into bloat, the nemesis of many a form fitting outfit.  Oh well, it's worth it for me to not be rigid for my cruise because I know I'll be back on track once I get home😁

I walk way more on cruises and I'm also a lot more likely to actually go to the gym - and yup, it's the sodium from simply eating more food prepared by other people! Even if I don't gain a pound, my rings are tighter when I go home than when I arrive on the ship. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Actually the opposite - tend to lose weight when travelling - because we're moving more and snacking less. My partner  was doing a bit of a "charlie chaplain" look on our last cruise because we'd stored his formal suit and travelled for 6 weeks around Europe between cruises. Hadn't lost any actual weight - but definitely cm off the waist 

• Like 1

On 3/11/2023 at 11:29 PM, lissie said:

Actually the opposite - tend to lose weight when travelling - because we're moving more and snacking less. My partner  was doing a bit of a "charlie chaplain" look on our last cruise because we'd stored his formal suit and travelled for 6 weeks around Europe between cruises. Hadn't lost any actual weight - but definitely cm off the waist 

Same as us we both tend to lose as well due to lack of snacking and because we breakfast so well we skip lunch a lot. We also have a larger step count typically 12-17k a day depending on itinerary and tend to use the stairs more to avoid coffs sneezes and diseases in the lifts!! 

• Like 3

I totally do this too.  Mainly with bathing suits, I always start the week off with 2 pieces and tend to do tankinis & one pieces by the end of the week.  It's 100% the bloating that is an issue for me, probably from the higher sugar intake, I do let myself have something with added sugar once every day on vacation.  As long as I feel back to normal within a few days of returning home I am happy, but no matter what I feel thicker by the end of a travel week. It's never actual weight gain, I think it's more a travel/out of routine thing. 

• Like 2

On 3/18/2023 at 1:11 PM, Posesmom said:

.  It's 100% the bloating that is an issue for me, probably from the higher sugar intake, I do let myself have something with added sugar once every day on vacation.  As long as I feel back to normal within a few days of returning home I am happy, but no matter what I feel thicker by the end of a travel week. It's never actual weight gain, I think it's more a travel/out of routine thing. 

The bloating is most likely bread.i was eating it at every meal so I found by limiting myself to one portion of bread a day all but eliminated bloating hth 

Edited by 2BACRUISER
typo
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

No matter what size I’ve been - smaller, in between or larger - and no matter how much walking I did, inevitably at some point on a cruise I would start to swell & feel bloated.  Ran across a tip a few years ago to take a Pamprin at night.  I am well past the age of needing Pamprin for its targeted use, but the last 3 cruises I tried it every night and had noticeably less swelling and bloating than previous cruises.  I also made sure to be mindful of my water intake all day.  So easy to remember to drink it at home but less so when you’re busy playing on a ship or at port.  

• Like 3