Striking Out to New Turf – A Joy(ful) Live – 3/18 – 3/25, Western Caribbean

1 hour ago, cruiseny4life said:

Tried to order a Peach Bellini and was told no. I've never been told no in the Haven

IMO. Sounds like someone is overworked and “over it”.  This is wrong on so many levels…where to start. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, MAPCruises said:

We will be on the Joy in the Haven on April 1,  I am upset to hear about the haven bar situation.  That was one of the main selling points to get my husband when I told him I got the haven. 

Hopefully, it's like laudergayle suggested above:  that that particular bartender was being truculent, rather than following a new policy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, laudergayle said:

IMO. Sounds like someone is overworked and “over it”.  This is wrong on so many levels…where to start. 

15 minutes ago, MAPCruises said:

We will be on the Joy in the Haven on April 1,  I am upset to hear about the haven bar situation.  That was one of the main selling points to get my husband when I told him I got the haven. 

1 minute ago, CDR Benson said:

Hopefully, it's like laudergayle suggested above:  that that particular bartender was being truculent, rather than following a new policy.

I don't believe it was any ill will of the bartender. Rather, it seemed to be she was way too overworked. I wasn't going to get upset over not getting my Peach Bellini. 

I would like Norwegian to properly staff their bars. Especially when staying in the luxury area of the ship. Total first of the first world issues here.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Bus time lunch...we spent too much time at the Tulum ruins so we tried to skip lunch that we pre-ordered. Our guides ensured we received the food and paid. Good on them keeping us honest. 

Shrimp tacos - much better than the other.

20230323_130259.thumb.jpg.1826c152c48cf812ae9e872af12ad2be.jpg

Beef tacos. Meh.

20230323_130249.thumb.jpg.2bcfe1b50a8ed2986445b10a366196d2.jpg

I do not recommend trying to eat on a charter bus. Es muy dificil.

Edited by cruiseny4life
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

We were on the feb 24th sailing and didn’t have any problem getting our peach Bellinis…timing might have been everything though…would get a mimosa and peach Bellini to bring back to our aft cabin right after breakfast.  😁 Not too much activity at the bar then.  I’d keep asking.  Maybe they were out of peach juice when you asked. 

3 minutes ago, CruisnHallelujahs said:

We were on the feb 24th sailing and didn’t have any problem getting our peach Bellinis…timing might have been everything though…would get a mimosa and peach Bellini to bring back to our aft cabin right after breakfast.  😁 Not too much activity at the bar then.  I’d keep asking.  Maybe they were out of peach juice when you asked. 

True enough, we might be reading too much into the barkeep's refusal to make cruiseny4life's peach bellini as a new NCL policy.

The bartender might've been too swamped with orders to be able to take the time to look up the recipe.  Or she may just have been having a bad day or woke up on the wrong side of the bed that morning.

Or, as CruisnHallelujahs suggests, the bar might have been out of a neccessary ingredient to make it.

I'd like to think this is a one-off event because, in my experience, Haven staffers, to a man, not only bent over backwards to fulfil our requests, they were eager to do so.  If I had walked into the Haven Restaurant one morning and requested a glass of Ovaltine because Captain Midnight says it's the heart of a hearty breakfast, I wouldn't be surprised to see the waiter return with it.

• Haha 1

We had a very quiet breakfast this morning. Not a soul around, except us and the servers. We enjoyed a plump heaping of fruit as we had to get to our excursion by 710 AM. Eeeeeek! Guess who had their latest night of the cruise last night? Yup, that was us!

20230323_063502.thumb.jpg.cbc5d7144dbc30073fa18e47827a6b59.jpg

20230323_063432.thumb.jpg.09bbfed7c87ba80d9c75f0b80f0259cb.jpg

20230323_063423.thumb.jpg.74f600d40ae98418d573ebb2df2bd580.jpg

We weren't in bed until 10 PM as we went to the comedian. He was excellent! Very good control of the drunk guests, but the row of older ladies declared, "that joke wasn't very funny" several times. Their arms were crossed throughout the show and they didn't crack a smile. I'm still not sure they realized it was an 18+ show.

I think everyone in the room cheered and cheered when he asked why the room attendants do not provide towel animals anymore. It's very apparent to this crowd that housekeepers are suffering. I'm glad he called NCL out for this.

20230322_213558.thumb.jpg.d91c70962fd8c30035ef4de31691309b.jpg

A few of the ladies after the show. I'm sorry ma'am's! 

It was a packed house, standing room only!

20230322_213401.thumb.jpg.ac2adabbb5c8123079acc0183e0cb8f7.jpg

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

We had a very quiet breakfast this morning. Not a soul around, except us and the servers. We enjoyed a plump heaping of fruit as we had to get to our excursion by 710 AM. Eeeeeek! Guess who had their latest night of the cruise last night? Yup, that was us!

20230323_063502.thumb.jpg.cbc5d7144dbc30073fa18e47827a6b59.jpg

One of the differences between Haven and non-Haven dining…

…no melon rinds in Haven 😉

Edited by Sugar Magnolia
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

One of the differences between Haven and non-Haven dining…

…no melon rinds in Haven 😉

Ditto, also, don't recall Pitaya or Dragon Fruit available or served in the buffet or MDR when ordering fresh fruit plate 😁   ... Toss a few chopped up chunks into a blender, add yogurt drink or other preferred liquid and ice cubes, bless & serve chilled - yummy smoothie ! 

• Haha 2

Today, in cases of the entitled adult Haven man-child.

Say hello to the man-child. The definition of a man-child is that of an entitled grown up that is easily reduced to temper tantrums. 

In this example, a server brought the man-child's burger. Man-child loudly proclaims to the entire restaurant, "OH man they put mayo on my burger." Server rushes over to inquire. Man-child again loudly exclaims, "I ordered my burger with lettuce and tomato. THEY put mayo on it!" He didn't even ask for a new burger. The server just knew what low level groveling needed to happen to make man-child quiet again.

Server expedites new burger while man-child continues chomping on his Mushroom Flatbread, very obviously eating more food than he needs. Server brings new burger. 

Man-child does not say thank you or anything else. He just eats less than half of the burger and leaves as a different server provides man-child with a new Coke he had ordered.

Oh man-child. What would we do without your tantrums?

• Haha 8

6 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

In situations like this I always make sure to leave the server (we usually have the same one) a generous tip and a Thank You. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Today, in cases of the entitled adult Haven man-child.

Say hello to the man-child. The definition of a man-child is that of an entitled grown up that is easily reduced to temper tantrums. 

In this example, a server brought the man-child's burger. Man-child loudly proclaims to the entire restaurant, "OH man they put mayo on my burger." Server rushes over to inquire. Man-child again loudly exclaims, "I ordered my burger with lettuce and tomato. THEY put mayo on it!" He didn't even ask for a new burger. The server just knew what low level groveling needed to happen to make man-child quiet again.

Server expedites new burger while man-child continues chomping on his Mushroom Flatbread, very obviously eating more food than he needs. Server brings new burger. 

Man-child does not say thank you or anything else. He just eats less than half of the burger and leaves as a different server provides man-child with a new Coke he had ordered.

Cringing...and assuming you were not the man-child.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

How about any of the bars on the Waterfront?  Sometimes they are a good spot to get a drink..also sailing April 1, not in Haven..lowly Club Suite…we have 9 going, 8 of them will be testing the bartenders for sure.  1 guest is 16. 🙂

Thanks for your review…

Edited by PTC DAWG

4 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

In situations like this I always make sure to leave the server (we usually have the same one) a generous tip and a Thank You. 

Yes! Absolutely! These crew members deserve as much humanity as possible when they have to deal with such rude behavior from some guests. 

• Like 2

Last night on board. We had dinner in the Haven with two couples we met on board. We also used my coupon for the celebration cake... which included the Haven servers singing me happy birthday. That part was unnecessary, but it was a nice moment. Shared the cake with me husband and two of friends we had dinner with. 

20230324_201300.thumb.jpg.36bae01b5cdc1e104418a31d81359fa4.jpg

The Haven staff... they are absolutely wonderful! All of them. And, we had a great "last supper" as we coined the event. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Cringing...and assuming you were not the man-child.

Oh my. No! 

I'll admit to having a sad face in April when the server in Cagney's told me they no longer have Mac and cheese! But, having a real tantrum over food... not me! 

• Haha 3

Been up since 430 when the thrusters started vibrating the ship! This can only mean it's DISembarkation day. I don't like it! Indont like it at all. 

Who's going to bring me coffee? Make my bed? Cook my food and wash the dishes? Argh! Vacuum the multitude of little hairs that spring off my dogs and cat? And, clean up their mud? 

Me? Yup, I don't like it!

20230325_062724.thumb.jpg.3c6e80252bb2df0ed25e8c33ed4dc0bf.jpg

Anyway, here's Carnival Sunrise passing us by in the Port of Miami. A bit more quietly than Horizon went by!

20230325_061449.thumb.jpg.9e96ecff8b3cd5d52d1a83392769add0.jpg

• Like 8

The text all air travelers dread. Your flight is now delayed. We've rebooted you on a flight that arrives to your home airport at midnight.

Screenshot_20230325_070404_Messages.thumb.jpg.204ab825af92f9044e2a1595c807f5c3.jpg

Yup, nope. Not happening. Our new flight (we chose through the app, no NCL assistance necessary), has us arriving home at just before 5 pm. No NYC airports, just the behemoth of Detroit now.

Screenshot_20230325_070520_FlyDelta.thumb.jpg.a940b92d8c2983a46316c8db3ab77a54.jpg

Edited by cruiseny4life
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, laudergayle said:

I can’t believe it’s your last night!  Did you but any Cruise Next certs?  I hope so, so that we may continue with you on your journeys.

We have one left! Didn't purchase any as we think we're going to find a cruise this fall at the last moment when prices fall...if we do that, we will only be allowed to use one certificate. Don't worry (or be very afraid), I have lots of updates now that I have service. Bahahahahaha

20230324_153741.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 2