I am Elite the second person in same Cabin is not.

bermuda_fm

4 hours ago, gkbiiii said:

I think your confused with Royal's policy on "granting status matches" for spouses and children, living with the member.

I'm not confusing anything. What I posted is exactly how it happens. Agree with status matching for spouse and children. You don't have to be related by blood or marriage. Just living at the same address. I don't agree with it but... 

Edited by davekathy

11 hours ago, davekathy said:

I'm not confusing anything. What I posted is exactly how it happens. Agree with status matching for spouse and children. You don't have to be related by blood or marriage. Just living at the same address. I don't agree with it but... 

My DH and DD were status matched with me as I’ve taken 2 cruises they didn’t. However, my MIL who has lived with us (same last name) for the past 30 years isn’t status matched. Her first Celebrity cruise was taken after the Captains Club revamped the point system, so we thought status matching wouldn’t apply to her. 

12 hours ago, kathynorth said:

My DH and DD were status matched with me as I’ve taken 2 cruises they didn’t. However, my MIL who has lived with us (same last name) for the past 30 years isn’t status matched. Her first Celebrity cruise was taken after the Captains Club revamped the point system, so we thought status matching wouldn’t apply to her. 

RC or Celebrity? My post you quoted was a discussion concerning RCs CAS. Agree with you about Celebrity's CC not status matching your MIL. 

2 minutes ago, davekathy said:

RC or Celebrity? My post you quoted was a discussion concerning RCs CAS. Agree with you about Celebrity's CC not status matching your MIL. 

Yes, I was referring to Captain's Club matching. We're currently researching a cruise on a RC ship, so I'll need to looking into their status match options. Thanks for the info! 

28 minutes ago, kathynorth said:

Yes, I was referring to Captain's Club matching. We're currently researching a cruise on a RC ship, so I'll need to looking into their status match options. Thanks for the info! 

Husband, daughter (18 years and younger) and you will all have the same CAS tier level. Your CC tier level with be reciprocal (based on your CC tier level) to either CAS Platinum, Emerald or Diamond. For CAS Diamond plus and Pinnacle you need to earn those tier levels on your own.  Your Celebrity CC cruise points do not transfer over to RC CAS. s

Captain’s Club

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ChC said:

I read similar thing on this board before. But is 5-7 free drinks applied to cabin companion? It seems to be conflict information on this issue.

Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor points match applies to children under 18, a wife or significant other residing at the same address.  I grand parent, or in-law, living at the same address would not necessarily receive the status match.   The C&A drink vouchers are not normally applied to someone sailing in the same cabin if they do not have the same status.  

4 hours ago, ChC said:

I read similar thing on this board before. But is 5-7 free drinks applied to cabin companion? It seems to be conflict information on this issue.

I think the confusion comes from the change in the CC happy hour.   Cabin mates who are not Elite are allowed to attend CC events with the Elite member but don't get benefits.   In the old days that meant they could attend the happy hour in the Sky lounge with drinks, the breakfast, CC welcome party, and do things like backstage tour etc, but wouldn't get the coupons for discounted bottles of wine, spa or whatever.

Post covid with the elimination of the Sky lounge happy hour it's no longer a CC event and the drinks are a benefit like the other discounts which don't apply to the non Elite cabin mate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2