Sitting Together and Excursions Not Possible?

godwheel

So, i just called MSC Cruises to link family member bookings to ours so we could purchase excursions and sit together during dinners, but I was told this was impossible because we all had different drinking packages. Did the customer service representative make a mistake?

Are you really unable to go on the same bus/ excursion and/or dinner table because you have a different drink package? It never even occurred to me that would be a thing as I've never experienced that in other cruise lines. 

Is it possible to do it once on the ship?

Any help would be appreciated!

Edited by godwheel

• godwheel changed the title to Sitting Together and Excursions Not Possible?

Your certainly able to go on excursions together, although the same bus isn't guaranteed. It is however correct that only diners with the same drink package are seated at the same table. Unfortunately, you won't be able to link your bookings, as far as I know. There was a copy of the T&C's posted here recently which outlined that policy. 

• Like 1

As soon as you get on board, ask someone where to go for dinner reservations. Just talk to the Matre' D and he will take care of you. We had no problem on the Seaside and Meriviglia with different drink packages. Don't stress, they will seat you together. I know it's ridiculous that you can't do it ahead of time, but it's just an MSC annoyance.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, mvh said:

As soon as you get on board, ask someone where to go for dinner reservations. Just talk to the Matre' D and he will take care of you. We had no problem on the Seaside and Meriviglia with different drink packages. Don't stress, they will seat you together. I know it's ridiculous that you can't do it ahead of time, but it's just an MSC annoyance.  

haven't even gone on my first MSC cruise and I can say they certainly do things like the mainstream cruise lines.

Just told my daughter in law earlier today that MSC is a little wonky with their rules.

My son, DIL, and drand daughter booked today to join us.

3 hours ago, godwheel said:

So, i just called MSC Cruises to link family member bookings to ours so we could purchase excursions and sit together during dinners, but I was told this was impossible because we all had different drinking packages. Did the customer service representative make a mistake?

Are you really unable to go on the same bus/ excursion and/or dinner table because you have a different drink package? It never even occurred to me that would be a thing as I've never experienced that in other cruise lines. 

Is it possible to do it once on the ship?

Any help would be appreciated!

Is your cruise from the US?  I have been on a total of 4 MSC cruises from the US in the past year and was always seated at tables where some had the drink package and some did not. It was never an issue or even mentioned. I can’t imagine why the drink package would ever be a consideration on excursions.

• Like 1

We will be traveling with friends and are sitting together for all dining. We have the drink package and they do not. It all depends on what MSC rep you speak to. It appears that US based reps are easier to get answers from and will place you together at the same table. The foreign reps...no

We're traveling with friends on Meraviglia in May. They're on a completely separate reservation and in a different cabin. They have the drink package, we do not, and don't want it. Our reservations are linked for dining (we were able to do that when the second reservation was made, no problem). After seeing the discussion the last few days about possibly not being able to sit together, we called MSC today for clarification. It seems it does not affect those who have booked a promotion that includes the drink package (our friends did), so we were told we should not have an issue sitting together. Only affects those who add the drink package after booking.