TxTeach79's GLORY-OUS 3/12 Spring Break NOLA LIVE

TxTeach79

8 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

My DDs and I sat in those very chairs! We weren't upside down, I promise!🤣

bunny.jpg

omg! What a great pic (I think)! 😂😂

they were passing out those bunny ears today too. This makes me feel better, because I was thinking what a weird St. Patrick’s Day move that was 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

‘Twas time to head on back. A few beers, walking around the port area, popping in some stores, and I’m good. I used to come here for days at a time on summer vacations with my family as a kid in the 80’s, and been coming on cruises ever since (it’s barely recognizable). We stay at Sol Caribe which I think is Park Royal now, and before that my folks would stay at El Presidente (which I think is still there and is very fancy now). My dad loves to tell the story of waking up one morning, walking to his window, and being absolutely wide eyed and astonished to the point of incomprehension by the size of what he saw…. The ms Holiday, all 47k tons of her. She was docked alongside Chandris (X) Britanis, and it was the most staggering thing ever. How did that beast float?!? Our first cruise would be two years later on her sister, Celebration, in ‘88. 

that’s a very long winded way of saying that being solo and having a ton of trips lined up in the future I didn’t feel like I needed to do or spend big this trip, so I kept it as simple as it gets. The next one will be the polar opposite. 

back down ship tunnel!

1B52B84D-2565-44E0-A20E-AF9EE3D78C99.thumb.jpeg.bf4a5236663732566427616439c2710d.jpeg

72384FF0-0555-4B68-B5F6-684068C991C8.thumb.jpeg.8c4184b34a8fb16625c4c62141b0d346.jpeg

59F5F3C5-5EAB-4621-A8D2-754787363114.thumb.jpeg.a5b3f4e21720fd17035db10f29ff0d41.jpeg

651C2A94-8715-4DC2-A85B-3632C3CA0BB5.thumb.jpeg.8a868309d3a9e7a9987d227a9cba84c6.jpeg

• Like 15

No…. I had lunch…. Went by the pool for a bit…. Don’t…. Don’t let me walk past it with no line…. I’m… I’m not that strong….

F76083A3-7B8B-42A9-BAEC-698CFD5EA7B0.gif.6cdd4197f1963fd9008ea74122bd4afc.gif

UGGGGHHHHH THERE WAS NO LINE 

F8A0E8B7-883C-42E8-958A-F553E86BEE70.thumb.jpeg.ec16b8a1607b31505b8f8bb79f5a8e73.jpeg

Just took a Gas-X. They expired a long time ago. Flavortown got me again. 

265DFBE0-B51E-4BE6-88B5-7CA1683E5EA8.jpeg.e472c6f0e5f0ccf7fe98fe749d3a3215.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 19

12 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Do I remember you saying you rolled it slightly on the first day?

yeah, but that was fine a few minutes later…. On my last LIVE on Mardi Gras, I sprained it SIGNIFICANTLY in Nassau getting out of a cab after some dangerous “Bahama Papas” back in January. Hasn’t been quite the same since. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TxTeach79 said:

yeah, but that was fine a few minutes later…. On my last LIVE on Mardi Gras, I sprained it SIGNIFICANTLY in Nassau getting out of a cab after some dangerous “Bahama Papas” back in January. Hasn’t been quite the same since. 

Yes, I remember that one!  But maybe this one wasn’t quite as fine as you thought it was at the time.  If it still isn’t quite the same since the MG, it might bruise/swell more easily than in the past. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Yes, I remember that one!  But maybe this one wasn’t quite as fine as you thought it was at the time.  If it still isn’t quite the same since the MG, it might bruise/swell more easily than in the past. 

it’s just been a kind of mild frequent ache once it healed up from MG. It was fine for the most part this whole week, and just yesterday started hurting when I go down stairs. Go figure. Once I kick CHEERS into gear shortly I expect pain to quickly diminish

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

17 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

On the way out the hostess told me to come back to the bar for drinks any night. Nice. 

Hey Teach, can you usually do that?  Like, can I just roll up into the steakhouse or other spot that has a bar but you normally have to have a reservation and tell them I am just here for a few drinks?

• Like 4

Just now, delerium98 said:

Hey Teach, can you usually do that?  Like, can I just roll up into the steakhouse or other spot that has a bar but you normally have to have a reservation and tell them I am just here for a few drinks?

I'm pretty sure they are happy to take your money at most all of the bars you can get to. 🙂

On our last MG cruise there were some people at the steakhouse bar that were drinking and I never saw come in while we ate.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, delerium98 said:

You definitely can and usually the Steakhouse has some of the more "top end" drink selections on the entire ship....it's the only place on the ship that has the champagne I like, and I often will go there just for a drink.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, delerium98 said:

the only place I had was MG because that bar is totally different and outside the restaurant on the promenade. I tried this one because I had that later ressie, and turns out you definitely can and it’s a very chill, higher end experience 

• Like 6