another passport question.

Illbcruzn4life

My son and DIL just booked a last minute cruise leaving from NY on Meraviglia with their 3 year old daughter. It's goes to Port Canaveral, Nassau, and Ocean Cay, Bahamas.

They both have passports my grand daughter does not. Are they OK with just her govt issued birth certificate. Its not the hospital one with the feet. lol

I am also aware they cannot fly home from the Bahamas with my grand daughter not having a passport.

Edited by Illbcruzn4life

23 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

They both have passports my grand daughter does not. Are they OK with just her govt issued birth certificate. Its not the hospital one with the feet. lol

US and Canadian Citizen Children (under 16 years):

• Government Issued Birth Certificate*

On 3/6/2023 at 8:49 PM, Illbcruzn4life said:

I am also aware they cannot fly home from the Bahamas with my grand daughter not having a passport.

Just so you know, if there was an emergency, the airports (not just ones around cruise ports, but all over the world) deal with this all the time, and there is a procedure in place. It's just a gigantic pain in the butt.

2 hours ago, skittl1321 said:

Just so you know, if there was an emergency, the airports (not just ones around cruise ports, but all over the world) deal with this all the time, and there is a procedure in place. It's just a gigantic pain in the butt.

Exactly what kinds of emergencies are you talking about and exactly why is it a pain in the butt? What procedures do we have to follow other than maybe having to stay a day or 2 in the bahamas while the consulate gets my grandaughter an emergency passport? Other than $$$$$?