Classic Soda Package

Australian family

Can anyone please tell me what the smoothies and fruit juices are, eg freshly squeezed orange juice at breakfast are on the Classic Soda Package? Sapphire Princess, Alaska

• The package includes all, fountain sodas, and cans of soda and juices (excluding the fresh juice bar), mocktails, and smoothies as per the menu.

• 5 weeks later...

The Classic Soda does not include cans

Even tho it clearing states can in the terms and conditions.  Once onboard guest will be charged for cans of soda

😡

Edited by that

4 minutes ago, that said:

The Classic Soda does not include cans

According to the descriptions Princess website, cans of soda are included in the classic soda and zero alcohol packages, just not the plus or premier packages for some reason.

• Like 2

What is Included

• The package includes all, fountain sodas, and cans of soda and juices (excluding the fresh juice bar), mocktails, and smoothies as per the menu.
  • The package may be used on our Private
  • Islands and all onboard Food and Beverage
  • Venues and other areas such as the Theater or public spaces that offer beverage service.
    Selections and service are limited to that venue's menu offerings and operating hours.
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Senga said:

What is Included

• The package may be used on our Private
  • Islands and all onboard Food and Beverage
  • Venues and other areas such as the Theater or public spaces that offer beverage service.
    Selections and service are limited to that venue's menu offerings and operating hours.

I saw this, too.  I'm hoping it's not one of Princess IT's numerous errors.

• Like 1

We had the Classic Soda package on Sapphire recently- got off Thursday.  They were not very keen to sign us up for the Classic Package and wanted us to take the Alcohol free package,  which is quite a lot more expensive. We persisted and managed to get the Classic package. I am not sure whether it was cost effective for us and think we might do ‘Pay as you go’ next cruise.

Some bars would give you fountain drinks, others provided us with plastic bottles of Diet Coke/ Coke Zero and others gave cans.

Depended on who was serving and whether they ‘knew’ you as regulars or not.

• Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Reina del Mar said:

I am not sure whether it was cost effective for us and think we might do ‘Pay as you go’ next cruise.

We have had the classic Soda package pre booked for months now and, even at that price, we’d probably be better doing “pay as you go”.  We have never carried Soda onboard but are seriously thinking of taking our 24 allowable cans when we sail Enchanted in September.  The new zero alcohol package is crazy expensive!

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Senga said:

We have never carried Soda onboard but are seriously thinking of taking our 24 allowable cans when we sail Enchanted in September.  The new zero alcohol package is crazy expensive!

Agreed ! We used our OBC and more for 18 days, this time.

Next year is 26 days around Australia..so we’ll make do with included drinks, or take one of those tiny squirty squash bottles to add some flavour. Maybe we’ll carry some cans onboard too.

Wonder if they realise they are pricing themselves out…or perhaps there are many who are prepared to pay ????

51 minutes ago, mamashamiller said:

I was going to add it for my 2 teens for 12 night so I add it to cart and it was like $408 

no way they drink that much soda so it will be pay as you go unless the soda becomes movie theater prices

anyone know what it costs onboard?

On our cruise a week or so ago, it was $3 and change I think.  

I am also furious about this and have posted about it before.  Celebrity started the Zero alcohol pkg and once one line does, they all do!  Celebrity even totally got rid of the soda only pkg.  

They are forcing passengers to buy a package deal fare which adds a lot of cost for items you may not want or need because buying the things you want a la carte is also just as pricey, especially on cruises over 10 days, it adds up quickly for 2 people.

On 4/8/2023 at 8:39 AM, Reina del Mar said:

Wonder if they realise they are pricing themselves out…or perhaps there are many who are prepared to pay ????

I frankly believe there are so many people who want to cruise now that they will accept whatever the cruise lines charge them. I'm one that won't do that.

Had Princess not make it so that that both people in a cabin have to have the premier or plus package, I would probably bought one of them. I don't drink much; my wife doesn't drink at all.  

If I didn't need to have a Wi-Fi connection, I wouldn't have bought that either.  I bought it before the price increase.  I am at Platinum; I think $25 for 5 days is $25 too much.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/7/2023 at 6:54 PM, damiross said:

I saw this, too.  I'm hoping it's not one of Princess IT's numerous errors.

I'm thinking this is just another one of Princess's errors in keeping their web pages updated. 

On 4/8/2023 at 10:43 AM, Reina del Mar said:

We had the Classic Soda package on Sapphire recently- got off Thursday.  They were not very keen to sign us up for the Classic Package and wanted us to take the Alcohol free package,  which is quite a lot more expensive. We persisted and managed to get the Classic package. I am not sure whether it was cost effective for us and think we might do ‘Pay as you go’ next cruise.

Some bars would give you fountain drinks, others provided us with plastic bottles of Diet Coke/ Coke Zero and others gave cans.

Depended on who was serving and whether they ‘knew’ you as regulars or not.

I hope what you say is correct for the Ruby also.

I would much rather get a can then the fountain soda's any day. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/7/2023 at 7:06 AM, MissP22 said:

I hope what you say is correct for the Ruby also.

I would much rather get a can then the fountain soda's any day. 

My first choice has been sodas placed into the bad, bad container called plastic. My drink of choice, AKA Drink of the Gods, AKA Diet Dr Pepper, tastes better in plastic.

We were surprised we enjoyed the fountain Diet Coke over the cans on our recent Southampton/Norwegian fjord/Iceland cruise.  We particularly disliked the cans from Netherlands.