"Legendary Voyages" in the planning

REOVA

17 hours ago, REOVA said:

Looking forward to a mini Grand Asia September 2024. (If gets back in time for Thanksgiving 😉). A spring Japan Voyage would be even better. 

https://cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/2023/03/holland-america-line-introduces-extended-legendary-voyages/

Where are you seeing a "mini Grand Asia"?  I see a 53-day Japan, but that is not Grand Asia, mini or otherwise.  I have been looking for one, however.  Did I miss it?

6 hours ago, Tampa Girl said:

Where are you seeing a "mini Grand Asia"?  I see a 53-day Japan, but that is not Grand Asia, mini or otherwise.  I have been looking for one, however.  Did I miss it?

In respect to r/t from Seattle and hitting Japan its as close to a Grand Asia that HAL has done in years. Would it be nice to go back to Hong Kong, Singapore, Indonesia, etc

..sure but being able to sail again r/t from west coast to Japan is a step in the right direction (pun intended). Also would rather go in Spring but only have Nordaam repositioning back listed so far.

4 minutes ago, REOVA said:

In respect to r/t from Seattle and hitting Japan its as close to a Grand Asia that HAL has done in years. Would it be nice to go back to Hong Kong, Singapore, Indonesia, etc

..sure but being able to sail again r/t from west coast to Japan is a step in the right direction (pun intended). Also would rather go in Spring but only have Nordaam repositioning back listed so far.

The last Grand Asia was in 2018.  I don't think a 2019 or 2020was schedule.  It seems that the Grand Africa took its place.  I'm still hoping, however.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tampa Girl said:

The last Grand Asia was in 2018.  I don't think a 2019 or 2020was schedule.  It seems that the Grand Africa took its place.  I'm still hoping, however.

Correct and 2018 went further south. HAL will need to arrange Westerdam and Nordaam schedule most likely to set up a full Grand Asia again. And 9/25 sailing may be the earliest we get for anything similar, unless they incorporate it into the a Grand Pacific with AUS, which would run more than 2 months (which is ok with us as long as it's r/t US to US ports.)

6 hours ago, REOVA said:

Something like this? W423A 30-DAY JAPAN & NORTH PACIFIC CROSSING COLLECTOR (hollandamerica.com)

The question is whether the "Legendary Voyages" will be accompanied with decent food, service, and entertainment.  Stay tuned and we will try to post from our upcoming 42 days on the Westy.

Hank

• Like 2

I have not done any of HAL's long cruises. For those who have, are the "Legendary" itineraries offering much that's new, or are they just rebranding existing long-ish itineraries? For example, I see that VOV has been labeled "legendary," but I know that isn't new. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I have not done any of HAL's long cruises. For those who have, are the "Legendary" itineraries offering much that's new, or are they just rebranding existing long-ish itineraries? For example, I see that VOV has been labeled "legendary," but I know that isn't new. 

There is some rebranding, but there are a few that are different because they concentrate on a specific area, i.e. the 52-day Japan trip.  HAL has always had long, i.e. 25 - 35+ day, non Grand cruises.  What, if any, difference there is in these Legendary cruises itself will be interesting to learn.