Price for Medallion Net- OMG

TracieABD

27 minutes ago, konatyme said:

I'm a little confused. coo359a2 says they are cruising with the Plus package, yet talks about paying for MedallionNet. Isn't that included in the Plus package? Am I missing something?

The only reason to pay would be to upgrade from 1-device plan to the 4-device plan.

54 minutes ago, konatyme said:

I'm a little confused. coo359a2 says they are cruising with the Plus package, yet talks about paying for MedallionNet. Isn't that included in the Plus package? Am I missing something?

Big OOPS - it should have said without the Plus package.  You are not missing anything - I just can't type the word I wanted to type.

Ocean Medallion "desk" on board fixes very little.  You will often be told that they "have to take a screenshot and send it to land based".  Then you wait and wait and wait and go back.  A few times, it has been fixed.  More often than not, they tell you to delete the app and start all over (don't do this).  

They can do simple things like teach you how to navigate the app, get Ocean Navigator on your home page (ship.princess.com).  and a few other lessor issues.

5 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

Next week will be the first time since restart that we have cruised withOUT the Plus package.   On DH's phone app, he is shown as Elite and the internet pricing options reflect  the $7.50 per day charge for one device. I've never entered any information via his app - only use my phone's app.   On my phone, I am blue and no discount shown for Elite.  Being "blue" didn't impact selecting boarding group A.    I will wait and purchase a one device plan once we are on the ship.  Will also check with the Ocean Navigators on board about fixing my app status.  I'm also curious to know if "buying" an internet plan on my husband's app will show up on my app too since we only have one credit card on the app.

3 hours ago, pompeii said:

On the Regal last November the Ocean Navigators were no help at all in fixing my app status. In fact, the manager insisted that as long as the Princess system has me as elite, then the app has to as well. I told him that is absolutely not true, but he basically blew me off completely. He was either unaware of the app loyalty issue and unwilling to listen, or just didn’t want to bother with it.  Anyway, no help there. Hopefully you’ll have better luck but maybe don’t count on it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hazelnut1106 said:

What is the email address for the medallion support department?

Thank you.

You can call 1-800-Princess and follow the prompts to get to app/medallion support.

This support seems to be based in the Philippines and the people I have spoken with have been very helpful.

12 hours ago, caribill said:

You can call 1-800-Princess and follow the prompts to get to app/medallion support.

This support seems to be based in the Philippines and the people I have spoken with have been very helpful.

You may have better luck than me but my several calls to the medallion people were ineffective.  They promised to help but nothing changed. Hopefully calling will work for you. 

6 hours ago, pompeii said:

You may have better luck than me but my several calls to the medallion people were ineffective.  They promised to help but nothing changed. Hopefully calling will work for you. 

When I called them, they did not try to fix problems, thus no promises.

What they did was set up stuff I had been unable to do myself with the app or Internet site.

22 hours ago, caribill said:

Thank you for your suggestion.

• 1 year later...

Another data point: I sail on a 10 day cruise in two days and I am elite.  My app is giving me $249.90 for single device, full cruise, and $449.90 for 4 devices.   I'm not sure why it's $45/day instead of $40 as others claim on this thread.  These must be pre-elite-discount prices so I'll be paying roughly $22.50/day for 4 devices which is $5.62/day/device which is fine.  We'll share the 4 devices among 4 individuals.   I usually purchase on board first day - if my discount is cabin credit that's fine - all comes out in the wash.  

So is it $40 or $45/day? 

36 minutes ago, dancingguy said:

Another data point: I sail on a 10 day cruise in two days and I am elite.  My app is giving me $249.90 for single device, full cruise, and $449.90 for 4 devices.   I'm not sure why it's $45/day instead of $40 as others claim on this thread.  These must be pre-elite-discount prices so I'll be paying roughly $22.50/day for 4 devices which is $5.62/day/device which is fine.  We'll share the 4 devices among 4 individuals.   I usually purchase on board first day - if my discount is cabin credit that's fine - all comes out in the wash.  

So is it $40 or $45/day? 

Is your status correct on the app.  Mine is not so I get the inflated pricing.  DH is correct and shows discounted price.