Luggage Forward service for embarkation

Tampa Girl

Has anyone used this HAL approved service for delivery of their luggage to the port?  It is pricey, but is it worth it?  Please don't confuse this with Luggage Direct which transport luggage when disembarking.  Thanks for any input that you can provide.

We love this service.  Our first time using them was on our November cruise on NS.  We sent one large bag containing all of our primary clothing for the 7 day cruise.  The cost was $144, with the bag going from our home in southern Cali to FLL.  A UPS driver picked up the bag 10 days before our embarkation date.  I put an AirTag inside the suitcase so I was able to track its progress across the country.  It arrived in Ft Lauderdale several days before the cruise.

When we boarded the ship, our bag wasn’t in our room, so I tracked it on my phone and saw that it was still at the location in town.  I waited until after we did our muster Check-in and then called the customer service number.  I explained that I could see that my bag hadn’t moved and was concerned since our sailing time had been moved up an hour a couple weeks prior to sailing.  They placed me on hold to contact their local agent.  Before she even got back online with me, I could see my bag moving on my phone.

We went to lunch in the Lido and our bag was in our stateroom when we returned.

We’ve already booked this great service for our next cruise in April.  I anticipate always using them for getting our bags to the ship.

If all I'm doing is a cruise, I don't ship anything. But I often plan pre-cruise travel, and shipping a bag directly to the ship makes everything easier. I have used it once for HAL, when we were taking Amtrak to Montreal, spending a few days there, and then taking VIA to Quebec City. It was nice having less luggage to get on and off the trains. I have used it several times for Cunard, when I know I won't need the "posh frocks" until I get on the ship. DHL was the carrier back when I used the service for Cunard, and although there were no AirTags back then, I had a tracking number to see where the bag was. 

My wife and I generally do longer cruises and we have used Luggage Forward five times and will use them again in July.  We use them for both shipping to and from the ship and have never had a problem although I am always nervous until they show up in our room.  It is pricey, but much easier than lugging multiple bags through airports and then to the port.

We used it for the first time this past fall. It was a great service and worked perfectly.  We were expecting a hurricane the day it was scheduled to be picked up, they called us  and moved up our pick up time.  I thought they were very responsive and will use it again.

I highly recommend this service.  I used it the first time from CA to Boston.  I tracked it all the way across country.  My bag arrived several days before I got there. It arrived home a day earlier than scheduled . I am now traveling by myself.  I do not have anyone getting the bags off the turnstiles for me.  It was so nice to say to the HAL representative that I didn’t have any luggage.  I was apprehensive when I disembarked about where my luggage would be.  It was near the exit and a rep saw me, and carried my bag out for me.  I’m using the service again in May.

• Like 1

Thank you for this thread.  Because DW has mobility issues and she needs 100% supervision & care, a service like this will greatly ease airport & flying transfers.

Will Luggage Forward also ship bags/boxes home after disembarkation or is it mostly from home to embarkation?

Thanks in advance for replies & comments.