Getting refundable cash back onboard

Peachypooh

Norwegian cancelled a couple of our shore excursions so we were owed about  $400 back.

We were disembarking on a Sunday so on Friday I saw the line was short so I went to

ask for the money. They said they won't give it back until the last full  day(Saturday). I explained that I

physically cannot stand in line for very long and if I wait until the last day that is what will

happen. The manager overheard me and said that look for him  on Saturday and he will handle it. I had

no confidence that would happen but it might have.

My husband took pity on me and got up at 5:30 on Saturday and got it handled. 

So...either get up early or if you are a senior citizen like me look for the manager

if the line is too long. This was on the Getaway.

Edited by Peachypooh

I was on this sailing and what I found out from @mking8288 is that the Guest Services desk is usually staffed 24 hrs.  So early Friday morning (which is technically the last full day of the cruise) I stopped by around 7AM and there was no one on line and two agents at the desk.

Edited by PistolPete13
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, shof515 said:

on disembarkation day they have a makeshift cashier desk near the gangway to cash out your account. saving you the trip from going to guest services and that line is much shorter and quicker 

Definitely an option but I know myself.  Between juggling my bags and documents to disembark, last thing I want is to be trying to stuff a wad of cash in my underware / socks to hide it because the next stop is the mean streets of NYC! 🙂 

Edited by PistolPete13
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Beer Belly said:

It would so much easier if they would just apply it to the CC on file🙄

No, probably not. Excursions were booked months in advance and possibly charged to different card than the one used for the On Board account. 

It is a lot easier to charge on a credit card than to apply refunds to credit card.

15 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

No, probably not. Excursions were booked months in advance and possibly charged to different card than the one used for the On Board account. 

It is a lot easier to charge on a credit card than to apply refunds to credit card.

I was thinking it's the same process as returning something at a retail store where they credit the CC used, usually done in 30 seconds or less. Even if it's a different CC, at least you get your refund without standing in line, which could be long.

Edited by Beer Belly