JiJi's Asian Kitchen - Not to Miss Dishes

MistyRo76

Finally sailing on a ship that has JiJi's Asian Kitchen (Sunshine - this October!). So I've already secured reservations for the hubby and I to have dinner there one night - we'll ditch the kiddo to kids camp for this one! 🙂 

I've scoured the menu a few times and it ALL looks so good! What are the must have items at JiJi's? Would love to hear everyone's favorites! 

• Like 1

Some of our favorites:

Appetizer - Pork Belly

Enrees - Beef Short Rib, Mao's Stock Pig

Sides - Chinese Broccoli

But everything we've tried has been delicious. Defeintely recommend going!

• Like 1

The short rib is soooo tender and delicious.. But honestly you could close your eyes and point to something on the menu to order and not go wrong -- It's all amazing! And since it's all served family-style, when everyone gets something different there's always *plenty* for everyone to have some of all of it. So.Much.Food. And so good!!

• Like 2

Pork Belly and Spring Rolls are the appetizers for me. Their spring rolls are the best. The duck is good. But it was big for an appetizer and they seemed concerned that I didn't eat much of it. So I avoid that now.

Fried or Jasmine Rice for a side.

Kung Pao, Short Rib, Pepper steak have been my favorite main courses.

Their creme brulee blows the MDR away. Crepes are also good. I didn't like the wonton desert.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, MistyRo76 said:

Finally sailing on a ship that has JiJi's Asian Kitchen (Sunshine - this October!). So I've already secured reservations for the hubby and I to have dinner there one night - we'll ditch the kiddo to kids camp for this one! 🙂 

I've scoured the menu a few times and it ALL looks so good! What are the must have items at JiJi's? Would love to hear everyone's favorites! 

Pork Belly and most definitely the DUCK!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Pork Belly and Spring Rolls are the appetizers for me. Their spring rolls are the best. The duck is good. But it was big for an appetizer and they seemed concerned that I didn't eat much of it. So I avoid that now.

Fried or Jasmine Rice for a side.

Kung Pao, Short Rib, Pepper steak have been my favorite main courses.

Their creme brulee blows the MDR away. Crepes are also good. I didn't like the wonton desert.

Thanks for the dessert tips (and the others as well!). I don’t enjoy many of the MDR desserts, so I’ll definitely try the Crème Brûlée when we go to JiJi’s! 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, LatinaInTexas said:

Do what I do, eat there twice and try different things 😁

I would love to…but it’s only a 5 night sailing and we don’t want to dine without our daughter more than 1 night. Not sure there’s much at JiJi’s she would love right now. But I am totally taking her Bonsai sushi for lunch! She Loves sushi! 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I LOVE Creme Brulee but do not care for "rose" flavored things....is it a subtle rose taste or is it quite strong ?  TIA

2 minutes ago, cacruisin said:

I LOVE Creme Brulee but do not care for "rose" flavored things....is it a subtle rose taste or is it quite strong ?  TIA

I'm guessing subtle. I didn't realize rose was an actual flavor. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, cacruisin said:

It was subtle.  I also do not like rose flavored things, so I was hesitant to get it but decided to try it anyway.  I was pleasantly surprised. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sunshower9 said:

It was subtle.  I also do not like rose flavored things, so I was hesitant to get it but decided to try it anyway.  I was pleasantly surprised. 

Glad to hear!  I will give it a try as well at the end of this month when we eat there.

During lunch they used to have Mongolian Wok where you choose vegetables and protein and they’d cook it for you.  

This has recently gone by the wayside now, probably due to cost cutting.  

And  unfortunately they have either stir fried bowls or broth bowls at lunchtime.   I’ve not tried the stir fry but the broth bowls were inedible IMO.  

2 hours ago, cacruisin said:

I'm the same way, and it has always just tasted like (really, really good) creme brulee to me. But the teeny tiny little bitty rosebud on top is so cute!! ❤️

• Like 1

Best meal we had last week on the Horizon. Worth every penny. The pork belly and duck appetizers were outstanding as were the stock pig and chili shrimp. The fried wontons and crepes for desert were also very good. You won't leave hungry.

• Like 1

We’re going on the Horizon in January 2024 mainly for Jiji’s.  I wanted it on the Sunshine years ago but hubby wasn’t in the mood.  All I heard was how yummy it was!  Needless to say we’re going just to shut me up from missing it before 😂

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, tdggal1980 said:

We’re going on the Horizon in January 2024 mainly for Jiji’s.  I wanted it on the Sunshine years ago but hubby wasn’t in the mood.  All I heard was how yummy it was!  Needless to say we’re going just to shut me up from missing it before 😂

I have it booked three nights on Horizon next year.

THANK YOU OP....I have not been to Jiji's previously but have a reservation for our cruise in 9 days and this post has made me SOOOOOOO much more excited for the experience!!!!!  I hadn't even thought about the food or if it was good etc until this post lol

Edited by cacruisin
  • Like 1