Excursion help please

My family will be taking our first cruise next year (Dec '24).  We will be on Harmony of the Seas.   The stops are Honduras, Cozumel, and Costa Maya.  Our group will consists of a 3 year old, me (adult) and 2 senior citizens.   Nobody scuba dives or snorkels so none of those excursions would work.   These are the ones I was thinking about but am totally open to suggestions.  

1.  Roatan island-either the orphanage or an animal adventure

2. Cozumel-the ruins (don't know which one would be the best) or the Mayan family experience.

3.  Costa maya-dolphins or amazing race or city tour

Thank you so much for your help

It looks like no beach day either?  

Good idea for Roatan.  Go to Chankanaab for Cozumel.  When 2 of my kids were 2 and 4 we took them and their older siblings 10, 12, and 14 there and we all had a great day.  Save the ruins for Costa Maya.  Then hang out at pool at port which is free.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, mom2mms said:

My family will be taking our first cruise next year (Dec '24).  We will be on Harmony of the Seas.   The stops are Honduras, Cozumel, and Costa Maya.  Our group will consists of a 3 year old, me (adult) and 2 senior citizens.   Nobody scuba dives or snorkels so none of those excursions would work.   These are the ones I was thinking about but am totally open to suggestions.  

1.  Roatan island-either the orphanage or an animal adventure

2. Cozumel-the ruins (don't know which one would be the best) or the Mayan family experience.

3.  Costa maya-dolphins or amazing race or city tour

Thank you so much for your help

Random thoughts:

- We're planning to do Daniel Johnson's Sloth Hangout on Roatan soon -- if you do that, I'd appreciate a review on this site!  We're planning to eat lunch at Roatan's Famous Conch Fritters afterward -- looks like a fun place, and conch isn't something you get to eat often.  

- I don't think the 3-year old is old enough for a dolphin experience.  Double check whether this is an option. 

- For our upcoming cruise, we're only in Costa Maya until something like 1:00 in the afternoon.  Check to see if you're the same; if you also have a short day, I wouldn't want to venture as far as the ruins.   

3 hours ago, jean87510 said:

... Go to Chankanaab for Cozumel ...

I was going to suggest the same.  That's an easy DIY excursion with something for everyone (beach, shows, massages, food and drink), and if you need to bring the 3-year old back to the ship earlier, it's not difficult. 

Edited by Mum2Mercury

Roatan's ORIGINAL Fun-n-Sun Group Tour & Best Cruise Ship Excursion | Sloth Hugs (boddentours.com)

Roatan:  I would recommend the fun n sun group excursion with Victor Bodden at Bodden Tours.  Adults and kids will love it

Costa Maya:  Would recommend Maya Chan all inclusive beach club  www.costamayabeachresort.com

Cozumel:  The Amazing Race Cozumel was a lot of fun and you get to see and learn something at the same time.

Costa Maya has 3 ruins tours with Chacchoben being the closest.  It is about a 45 minute ride.  Check out Native Choice.  They are a lot cheaper than the ship tours and less crowded.  Other options are private beach clubs with Maya Chan being our favorite.  The port itself is not my cup of tea, but I have been known to hit Cinco Soles for vanilla and hot sauce.

Chankanaab is the only place on Cozumel that we have been to 3 times.  Something for everyone. You can grab a cab to and from.  $23 to get in and you can get a $2 off coupon.  They have dolphins and did have sea lion shows. Don't know now.

Roatan is a port that cries for a tour when docking in Coxen Hole.  It has great beaches (read crowded), shopping and animal sanctuaries, or you can book a private customized tour through locals.  We use Victor Bodden but have seen great reviews for others.

12 hours ago, jcpelly said:

Cozumel:  The Amazing Race Cozumel was a lot of fun and you get to see and learn something at the same time.

Is this suitable for a 3 year old? I thought there was a lot of walking involved?

15 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Is this suitable for a 3 year old? I thought there was a lot of walking involved?

Yes, lot of walking and no not for children that young, sorry, didn't see that part of the original post

• Thanks 1