UMI UMA Returns!

nancygp

1 hour ago, crickette said:

Officially, it now has to be "big" news.  CruiseCritic decided it was significant enough to send me an e-mail!  A nice change from "book your next cruise $99 per night" !!

Yes I got an email about it also, with photos and lots of information about how many free Umi Uma bookings you could get per cruise, etc. 

Edited by Cruise-y

4 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

No idea what the menu will be in Umi Uma but this is what it was back in February 2020 - yum - lots of favourites on there plus all the sushi and sashimi dishes

F40D8A5C-089D-4408-A7EA-B9BA829E3B57.thumb.png.d865e2a782b52501c4c5ee9d7278bbe6.png

Oh my stars!  That Black Cod!  Yeah baby! 🙂

7 hours ago, Texas Tillie said:

The sushi and sashimi is similar to the Nobu restaurants and the menu has the same vibe, but isn't identical. You wouldn't book a Crystal cruise just because it has the Nobu restaurant named Umi Uma, but the restaurant is one thing (among many that hopefully return) that make people return to Crystal. You get one included dining experience at Umi Uma with all cabin categories Sapphire and lower. After that, if space is available, you can dine there again for $50. Dining at a Nobu on land would start at about $150/person and the sky's the limit from there.

Patty

Thank you!

I wouldn't book or not book because of one restaurant. I was just confused because it seemed like a lot of fuss about a minor thing.

12 minutes ago, schmoodle said:

Thank you!

I wouldn't book or not book because of one restaurant. I was just confused because it seemed like a lot of fuss about a minor thing.

Yes, true, it is kind of a minor thing. And you can eat great and inventive sushi in many big cities (like mine). But it is pretty super for cruise fare. Really good. 

And since everyone wants the "old" Crystal back, this is just one more thing.

Edited by Cruise-y
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, schmoodle said:

Thank you!

I would as it is the icing on the cake. The available cakes can be run off the mill but the icing can make a true difference. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

No idea what the menu will be in Umi Uma but this is what it was back in February 2020 - yum - lots of favourites on there plus all the sushi and sashimi dishes

F40D8A5C-089D-4408-A7EA-B9BA829E3B57.thumb.png.d865e2a782b52501c4c5ee9d7278bbe6.png

Thanks for sharing that.  I'm actually surprised they didn't have what I think is the most Nobu of all Nobu dishes, the Yellowtail Sashimi Jalapeno.  I could have sworn I had that dish onboard, but maybe not!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, nnn said:

Thanks for sharing that.  I'm actually surprised they didn't have what I think is the most Nobu of all Nobu dishes, the Yellowtail Sashimi Jalapeno.  I could have sworn I had that dish onboard, but maybe not!

5 minutes ago, nnn said:

They did have that, it was on a special menu.

• Like 1

Dear Mr. Nobu,

Please join our cruise to Alaska July 9, 2024.  I'll happily pay $1,000 again for a re-creation of the dinner & sake you served us at the sushi bar in 2018.  😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Further coverage from Seatrade

https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/hotel-operations-concessions/master-chef-nobu-matsuhisa-resumes-crystal-partnership?

I noticed some are complimenting the new decor in Uni Uma but I saw one article that included those photos from the press release that noted they were renderings as opposed to actual photos

So unless someone can confirm they’re actually photos and the works been completed it’s a case of time will tell as to just what it looks like - on both ships 

• Like 1

Renderings.

At the same time, in the Q&A it notes several public spaces will be updated so likely since these are renderings that this venue will be updated but as they say "time will tell" and it will be only months when this is known.

Keith

• Like 1
  • Haha 1