Using OBC for specialty dining before we board

sns1

We are using the app and would like to make reservations for Sabitinis.  We have alot of OBC and want to use that to pay for the dinner.  The app wants to charge our credit card.  Is there a way to use our OBC?   We are planners and want to have this all set before we board.  Our cruise is in April.

Thanks!

• Like 1

No, there is not a way. Many people have said that they can get the charge on their credit card reversed, once they are onboard and use OBC.

However, you can use OBC to book shore excursions. This is the only exception.

8 minutes ago, sns1 said:

Darn.  I may take our chances and book it when we are onboard using our OBC. 

Thanks for your reply.

Personally, I don't think that it is worth the risk of disappointment if dining is a Specialty Restaurant is a priority unless date and time are not important to you.  My next cruise is over 40 days out and all of the reservation times are gone for the day I just checked on except for a table at Sabatini's at either 5:10 or 8:40.  I tried to move over from Crown Grill because of a slew of negative reviews  and found nothing.  With the Premier Package including multiple Specialty Meals, reservations are getting scooped up at a record pace.   Now, I didn't check on every evening, as there are specific nights when we prefer to go to Specialty venues.  It could be that I could have booked a table on a different day.  But 60 days out when I booked the CG there was plenty of availability.  At 45 days out it was all gone.  I don't know how many tables they hold back for people to book once on board, but you might be fighting for a small supply. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

Personally, I don't think that it is worth the risk of disappointment if dining is a Specialty Restaurant is a priority unless date and time are not important to you.  My next cruise is over 40 days out and all of the reservation times are gone for the day I just checked on except for a table at Sabatini's at either 5:10 or 8:40.  I tried to move over from Crown Grill because of a slew of negative reviews  and found nothing.  With the Premier Package including multiple Specialty Meals, reservations are getting scooped up at a record pace.   Now, I didn't check on every evening, as there are specific nights when we prefer to go to Specialty venues.  It could be that I could have booked a table on a different day.  But 60 days out when I booked the CG there was plenty of availability.  At 45 days out it was all gone.  I don't know how many tables they hold back for people to book once on board, but you might be fighting for a small supply. 

You have a very good point, that many now have the package which includes a specialty restaurant.

5 hours ago, CyberTag said:

If we have the premier package, which includes 2 specialty dinings, can we pre-book restaurants?

Maybe.

I have had two experiences with doing that. The first about a month ago I tried to book them and the booking was charged to my credit card so cancelled them and the charge was refunded. I tried again this week and both went through without a charge,

So basically it is all up to how the IT system works on the day!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, david63 said:

Maybe.

I have had two experiences with doing that. The first about a month ago I tried to book them and the booking was charged to my credit card so cancelled them and the charge was refunded. I tried again this week and both went through without a charge,

Good to know. Thanks

13 hours ago, david63 said:

Maybe.

Thank you! I may call Princess and see if they can do this for us.