Contact from Suite Concierge prior to sailing?

Tom-n-Cheryl

8 minutes ago, RuthC said:

You are allowed to bring a 'reasonable amount' of wine, for use anywhere on the ship. There is a corkage fee of $20 per bottle, regardless of where it is consumed. 
This is for passengers age 21 or over, for 750 ml bottles. There is no more 'corkage free' wine for in-cabin consumption only. 

Thanks, sorry to hear that. That corkage fee ends up costing more than most of the bottles that I'd bring on board!

I had asked elsewhere regarding wine purchased in the specialty restaurants, they don't have any type of discounts for bottles similar to that which carnival has? On Carnival, on the first two nights, you can get 50% off bottles of wine. That's a big deal if you're looking at bottles in the $100-200 range.

• 1 month later...

Ok - update... I've switched our 12-nt Rotterdam Thanksgiving sailing from '23 to '24, as it will be our 40th anniversary, and I noticed that the Pinnacle Suite was available for that cruise... so, something special! 🙂

I think that HAL's posted stateroom amenities/perks are the same for Neptune and Pinnacle Suites, but I was wondering if that's really the case, or if certain things are more likely to happen -- for example, would you be more likely to get preferred specialty dining times (with short notice) or such?

I know that on Celebrity, for example, it seems like more things can "happen" for those in top suites vs. other suites - special request in room dining (buffalo wings for lunch one day), etc. However, I realize that HAL is not as focused on suite perks.

THANKS,

Tom

1 hour ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Ok - update... I've switched our 12-nt Rotterdam Thanksgiving sailing from '23 to '24, as it will be our 40th anniversary, and I noticed that the Pinnacle Suite was available for that cruise... so, something special! 🙂

I think that HAL's posted stateroom amenities/perks are the same for Neptune and Pinnacle Suites, but I was wondering if that's really the case, or if certain things are more likely to happen -- for example, would you be more likely to get preferred specialty dining times (with short notice) or such?

You will love the Pinnacle Suite...we have been fortunate to stay in them many times and it still overwhelms us when we enter the room for the first time on a cruise.  There have been numerous threads on the perks when staying in the Pinnacle Suite, so search for the following on CC:  pinnacle AND suite AND perks

The most important thing is that everyone on the ship will go out of their way to make you happy.  Yes, you almost certainly can get specialty dining reservations when you want it...just ask.  In the MDR, the maitre d' will allow you to pick the table you want for the cruise (usually the best table in the room and by a window) and make it available for you anytime you want...just tell them what time you are coming the next evening or if you are doing a specialty instead so they don't hold it when you won't be coming.  Make sure to ask the concierge for any extras that come with the suite since it varies from ship-to-ship.  You will almost certainly get free non-alcoholic drinks in your mini-bar (no other room gets that).  Pre-covid there was always a behind-the-scenes ship tour that was excellent, but in our two cruises post-covid it has not been offered, but definitely ask about it.

• Thanks 1

This may not help you at all since my family exclusively sails in Pinnacle Suites, so we don't know if the treatment we get is BECAUSE we're in the PS cabin, because we're in a Neptune and above, because we're 4* Mariners, or is simply great customer service offered to all HAL guests.

But my advice would be to ask for whatever you want (within reason), and the worst the staff can do is say "no".  If a specialty dining restaurant doesn't show availability on the Navigator app when you want it, ask.  If there's an off-menu item you want from room service, ask.

• Thanks 1