Shuttle Service OPT to Sydney Airport

Hi all,

Well we are about to do something we would never have done in the past. We have booked a 10.40am flight out of Sydney. When we arrived back in December we could have easily made it even with catching the Royal Caribbean shuttle, but they won’t offer it for a flight before 12.00pm.

Last week we caught a taxi from the OPT to Central Station and the cost for 3 was $60.I did ask the driver about the cost to the airport and he said around $85 to $90.

Does anyone know of a shuttle service that can offer this service? If time isn’t an issue, we could catch the train, but would prefer someone picking us from the OPT.

Just asking.

Thanks

The prices sound high for a taxi. I think he was conning you.☹️ I would have expected the fare from the OPT to Central to be less than $30. A website I looked at quotes the fare from the OPT to the airport as $45 - $50. I think that is a bit low. We have paid $55 to $58.

You could research shuttle buses but we have found them less than reliable. I would much rather get a taxi. There are plenty of them.

Edited by Aus Traveller
  • Like 1

Cheryle, we got a taxi a couple of months ago, Domestic Airport to Darling Harbour $43.

Coming home we got the train and to be honest it was the easiest and cheapest.

Easy walk, used the lifts, train 5 minutes later and you get off and can use lifts and escalators in airport.

For $18 each we are doing that from now on.

The shuttles at OPT wait to fill their buses usually, and you never know the delays in traffic to the airport.

I have messaged a driver we used to use, but as we havent used Jim for over 3 years of no travel not sure he is driving anymore, will let you know.

Chez

7 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

Cheryle, we got a taxi a couple of months ago, Domestic Airport to Darling Harbour $43.

Coming home we got the train and to be honest it was the easiest and cheapest.

Easy walk, used the lifts, train 5 minutes later and you get off and can use lifts and escalators in airport.

For $18 each we are doing that from now on.

The shuttles at OPT wait to fill their buses usually, and you never know the delays in traffic to the airport.

I have messaged a driver we used to use, but as we havent used Jim for over 3 years of no travel not sure he is driving anymore, will let you know.

Chez

Thanks Chez. If we can get off by 7, we should be fine.Last week we were off by 7.10am and on a train by 7.45am.

I think we will aim for the train. Just don’t want to get the afternoon flight if we can help it! Cheryle

PS I was shocked by the taxi price and definitely think we were conned, but as there was another lady with us, did want to rock the boat.

30 minutes ago, resordanis said:

Thanks Chez. If we can get off by 7, we should be fine.Last week we were off by 7.10am and on a train by 7.45am.

I think we will aim for the train. Just don’t want to get the afternoon flight if we can help it! Cheryle

PS I was shocked by the taxi price and definitely think we were conned, but as there was another lady with us, did want to rock the boat.

I gather you are flying back into Port?

We have a few flights Port /Sydney booked this year and can only seem to get the 3.10pm flight using points, but that's ok as we have a couple of Qantas lounge passes saved, so will dawdle off the ship, get a coffee at City Extra, people watch, train, then hang in the lounge. Andy is always happy to get there at lunch when they start serving beer n bourbon😀

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

I gather you are flying back into Port?

We have a few flights Port /Sydney booked this year and can only seem to get the 3.10pm flight using points, but that's ok as we have a couple of Qantas lounge passes saved, so will dawdle off the ship, get a coffee at City Extra, people watch, train, then hang in the lounge. Andy is always happy to get there at lunch when they start serving beer n bourbon😀

Yes, definitely back to Port. We did the same as you last time, including Qantas Club, but decided to try for the earlier flight this time. See how it goes I guess.

19 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Taxis have to pay a charge to service to and from from airport, so added to fare. 

That doesn't make the fare $85 to $90. We have done that trip many times and the fare has been less than $60, even paying the airport fee.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, resordanis said:

Yes, definitely back to Port. We did the same as you last time, including Qantas Club, but decided to try for the earlier flight this time. See how it goes I guess.

Fingers crossed, let me know how you go.