Seashore balcony on port or starboard side?

freeon

Going on a 11 day cruise next year and wondering which side is the best for balcony. Ports are Ocean Cay, Costa Maya, Cozumel, Port Canaveral and Nassau. From pictures I have seen and posts on the forum it appears that at Ocean Cay the ship docks starboard facing the island. Were currently booked on port side but was thinking of changing(if they even allow that) to starboard since were doing 2 overnights at Ocean Cay. Not sure how it docks at other ports. Don't want to switch rooms and end up regretting it. If anyone has been to these places on this ship would appreciate any feedback. 

Costa Maya is a long pier and sort of t-shaped.  No telling how you will dock.  Cozumel you dock downtown at Punta Langosta, don’t remember which side has faced town.  Nassau, depends on whether you head in or back in.  No idea about port Canaveral…is that your home port or a port call?  EM

20 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Costa Maya is a long pier and sort of t-shaped.  No telling how you will dock.  Cozumel you dock downtown at Punta Langosta, don’t remember which side has faced town.  Nassau, depends on whether you head in or back in.  No idea about port Canaveral…is that your home port or a port call?  EM

Canaveral is the home port but also dock there one day. You can book 4,7 or 11 days so goes back to home port on the 7th day. Were staying for 11. 

Thanks for posting this question. I booked an odd room on the Seashore and I was able to see Island side sometimes when I sailed on her last year. But, now I dont remember which islands we could and could not see. Bummer. 

So is starboard even or odd numbers?

I will be sailing the Seascape at the end of the year. We are also deciding should we book even number rooms or odd number rooms. Our goal is to be on the side of the ship that docs at Ocean Cay so we can see the lighthouse. We have balcony cabins 

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback. Just called and switch my cabin to starboard side. Hope they don't decide to to dock port side when we go 😛. Got lucky too, it's Aurea balcony which is limited. I got the last one on the starboard side.

8 minutes ago, freeon said:

Thanks for the feedback. Just called and switch my cabin to starboard side. Hope they don't decide to to dock port side when we go 😛. Got lucky too, it's Aurea balcony which is limited. I got the last one on the starboard side.

From my research it has always been said that the ships do a 180 prior to entering the channel to eventually dock, they back in through the channel, and then can cruise straight out. So yes, I would suggest it is 100% certain Starboard cabins are alongside pier/island. (I do realize someone said that there is a possibility that it is not 100%. I suppose anything is possible.)

Have a wonderful cruise. Overnights at Ocean Cay are wonderful. If you have a beverage package it does work at the various bars which is great. (It is my understanding that beverage packages on other cruise lines do not work on their private islands. So this is a plus, especially with overnights and the fact that you may spend more time on the island.)

16 minutes ago, cellfree said:

So yes, I would suggest it is 100% certain Starboard cabins are alongside pier/island. (I do realize someone said that there is a possibility that it is not 100%. I suppose anything is possible.)

That's why I put 99%. I have photos (not renderings) of the ship docked with port side facing the island. Like everyone else, I agree that starboard side is by far the best bet.

19 minutes ago, cellfree said:

(It is my understanding that beverage packages on other cruise lines do not work on their private islands....

It depends on the line and the island. With NCL, the drink package does work on their island (Great Stirrup Cay) but it doesn't work on Harvest Caye (co-owned/operated by NCL and the government of Belize).