What to put on a medical form to be allowed to bring a case if water on board?

Jess777

Hi going in my first cruise on MSC on the Seascape.  I was surprised and was considering canceling because I could not bring bottled water on board.  I read if you have a medical reason you would have to submit a form.  I don't usually bring my own water I usually purchase it from the cruise ship before boarding but I cannot find where to purchase it on the website.  I know people bring empty bottles and fill them up.  Im going on a 14day cruise and I don't want to run out of drinking water in my cabin and have to run out and get more in the middle if the night.  Also I hear the tap water is safe to drink but I don't even drink tap water from my own water faucet .  Has anyone used a medical form so you could bring your own water? 

If you want bottled water then buy the drink package and you can get all the water you want. The ships water is perfectly fine to drink.  I really don't think they will let you bring on a case of water if you say you medically need it just because you say so when you can get all the water you want from the faucet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jess777 said:

Hi going in my first cruise on MSC on the Seascape.  I was surprised and was considering canceling because I could not bring bottled water on board.  I read if you have a medical reason you would have to submit a form.  I don't usually bring my own water I usually purchase it from the cruise ship before boarding but I cannot find where to purchase it on the website.  I know people bring empty bottles and fill them up.  Im going on a 14day cruise and I don't want to run out of drinking water in my cabin and have to run out and get more in the middle if the night.  Also I hear the tap water is safe to drink but I don't even drink tap water from my own water faucet .  Has anyone used a medical form so you could bring your own water? 

I believe a medical form would be for distilled water for a CPAP machine, not an exclusion to being allowed to bring it on board water to drink, which as you say, MSC forbid.   A drinks package would be the way to go.   The tap water is indeed safe to drink.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jess777 said:

You are considering cancelling a cruise because you can't bring water on board?? Seriously? 

If you don't have a drink package you can buy it from any bar by the case if you want.

Stay in Yacht club and it's as many bottles as you want anytime for free.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2