Premium Extra Package Confusion - Currently on Seascape

surfjock27

Hello,

There is one aspect of this fiasco that has not been discussed - where you can use your package.

My PE packages for 2 x April cruises this year can be used in Specialty Restaurants according to my booking details. However, should I book a PE now (from 'My booking' area for the same cruises) it says it cannot be used in specialty restaurants even though the general 'On board, Dining & Drinks, Drink Packages' it says that you can.

My TA has told me that MSC has picked-up lots of waifs and strays from RCI's redundant staff and I think this proves it.

Regards,

Cublet

Edited by cublet
sp

I would hang onto receipts and complain once you get home and then if you get no satisfaction, refuse the appropriate amount to credit card company.  If you have the print out saying one thing, the receipts showing you paid for something you shouldn't have, you have the summary from the last day of the cruise to show you weren't credited and it matches up with the receipts, you should be able to dispute the charges.  If MSC won't take care of you, you can dispute it.

On 3/24/2023 at 10:39 AM, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I just looked up the details on our Seaside YC booking for next month. I booked this in January. In there it says:

Premium Extra Drink Package (includes all drinks up to 13 in all ship areas)

I have a feeling I'll be in for some interesting bar encounters.

I'm booked in YC on the Meraviglia in October and decided to check after seeing this thread. Mine says the same thing. Yet if I check the page with the packages to purchase, Premium Extra says it includes all drinks up to $16. Can't wait to see how this goes. It won't matter for my husband because he only drinks beer. I don't drink much, but I'd be disappointed to not have a few of the $16 drinks included.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2023 at 7:06 AM, Beamafar said:

Since they introduced the PremiumPlus package, we’d never had to concern ourselves with what was covered as EVERYTHING by the glass was.  This is the first time we’ll have the PremX, as we haven’t sailed MSC since these current packages were introduced.  I’m hoping we’ll still be covered for champagne with the new pricings. 🥴

I am with you on this one Bea. I definitely want Champagne when I order it not Prosecco.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, thesnoopster2 said:

I would hang onto receipts and complain once you get home and then if you get no satisfaction, refuse the appropriate amount to credit card company.  If you have the print out saying one thing, the receipts showing you paid for something you shouldn't have, you have the summary from the last day of the cruise to show you weren't credited and it matches up with the receipts, you should be able to dispute the charges.  If MSC won't take care of you, you can dispute it.

Or just pay the lousy dollar per drink and don't waist your time complaining, Why are so many people splitting hairs on this. No one is happy about it, but this is absolutely ridiculous, You are spending thousands on you trip and are going to worry to the point of ruining your vacation over an extra $100 {if that)? Just deal with the increase, it is happening everywhere every day. Let's blame MSC for the price of eggs too.

24 minutes ago, mvh said:

Or just pay the lousy dollar per drink and don't waist your time complaining, Why are so many people splitting hairs on this. No one is happy about it, but this is absolutely ridiculous, You are spending thousands on you trip and are going to worry to the point of ruining your vacation over an extra $100 {if that)? Just deal with the increase, it is happening everywhere every day. Let's blame MSC for the price of eggs too.

If you have already paid the new price and been refused the drinks within the package why should anyone pay even more.

• Like 2

I would not be worried about future cruises.   All that has happened is MSC have put the new bar menus out in some bars on MSC Seascape before the start of the Summer season and the adjustment of the package prices.   It is just some of the bars on one ship and for a short period of time.  Hopefully all other ships manage to get it right (it's not so difficult)!

I feel sorry for surfjock27 and those on the current sailing - they obviously have a valid complaint.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mvh said:

Or just pay the lousy dollar per drink and don't waist your time complaining, Why are so many people splitting hairs on this. No one is happy about it, but this is absolutely ridiculous....

I'm sure most would suck that up, if it were the case! There is, IMHO, more evidence across a few threads that anything above the package threshold will require full price. Right now some are reporting that only the price difference is being applied on their cruises, but my belief is that is being done to allay any flak around the is it 13/14 max confusion.

Once the new package pricing is fully applied I honestly believe MSC will revert to type! 😉

Edited by hamrag
  • Like 1