You still need to be fully vaccinated on Celebrity transoceanic cruises

Ken the cruiser

Testing protocols were updated this week for these cruises. I think this means a negative test is no longer required except in a few circumstances.  It appears vaccines are still required. We are on the May 9 Honolulu to Vancouver cruise. 

A0A7C28E-2C03-46DF-80F0-D27FB554A2F7.thumb.jpeg.ebeba99c4bc08453c249651ba65851b6.jpeg

• Thanks 1

On 3/20/2023 at 3:44 PM, natshala said:

Is “fully vaccinated “ defined anywhere? If one got shots when available in 2020, are they still considered fully vaccinated? Did they need to have boosters? When?

Suggest you go to the Celebrity website and read the complete description.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, prmssk said:

Testing protocols were updated this week for these cruises. I think this means a negative test is no longer required except in a few circumstances.  It appears vaccines are still required. We are on the May 9 Honolulu to Vancouver cruise. 

A0A7C28E-2C03-46DF-80F0-D27FB554A2F7.thumb.jpeg.ebeba99c4bc08453c249651ba65851b6.jpeg

Could you post a link , when I go to celebrity website safety at seas , the date still shows March 8th 

15 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Here are the applicable cruises listed on the Celebrity website on the link I originally provided.

The below applies to the following sailings: 
April 13th, 2023 Celebrity Infinity 13 Night Canaries & Portugal sailing out of Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
April 17th, 2023 Celebrity Edge 14 Night Bermuda, Portugal & Spain sailing out of Fort Lauderdale, Florida
April 17th, 2023 Celebrity Constellation 15 Night Portugal & Spain sailing out of Tampa, Florida
April 20th, 2023 Celebrity Silhouette 13 Night Bermuda & France sailing out of Miami, Florida
April 22nd, 2023 Celebrity Apex 15 Night Western Europe sailing out of Fort Lauderdale, Florida
April 22nd, 2023 Celebrity Eclipse 18 Night Tahiti, New Zealand & Hawaii sailing out of Sydney, Australia*
April 23rd, 2023 Celebrity Beyond 14 Night Spain, France & Italy sailing out of Fort Lauderdale, Florida
April 23rd, 2023 Celebrity Reflection 13 Night Spain & Bermuda sailing out of Fort Lauderdale, Florida 
May 9th, 2023 Celebrity Eclipse 12 Night Hawaii Cruise sailing from Honolulu, Hawaii to Vancouver, Canada 

We just received notification from X this morning, stating that everyone needs to be fully vaccinated BUT we do not need to test prior to the TA on April 23 on Beyond. 👍

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Could you post a link , when I go to celebrity website safety at seas , the date still shows March 8th 

The page it is on claims to have been updated March 8 but when you scroll down, you find the screenshot I posted. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/transatlantic-travel-requirements

59 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Yes need to go to Safety at Sea then click on Transatlantic cruises.

Updated 23 March.

The link in the prior post is now dated today.  Happening as we post.

Edited by Arizona Wildcat
  • Like 1

Unfortunately, nothing changed for us. We are on a B3B that includes a 3-day "cruise to nowhere" RT Sydney just prior to going on the April 22 18-night transpacific cruise from Sydney to Hawaii. Then the 3rd leg is another transpacific cruise from Hawaii to Vancouver. I guess we'll continue to be in our anti-social "COVID mode" on this Celebrity B3B as well. Fun times!! I have to say it sure was nice not having to worry about taking antigen tests on our recent NCL 38-day B2B in November from Athens to Cape Town or on our 21-day B3B last summer in the Med on the Regal Princess. 

Testing Requirements

As of March 21, 2023, proof of a negative COVID-19 test is no longer required for guests embarking on Transocean sailings, except for those on back-to-back sailings in Australia/New Zealand and those aboard the April 22nd, 2023 Celebrity Eclipse 18 Night Tahiti, New Zealand & Hawaii sailing out of Sydney, Australia.  

For guests on back-to-back sailings 
All back-to-back guests will be required to take part in a complimentary COVID-19 test, prior to reboarding a Transatlantic or Transpacific leg of their journey.  

*For guests aboard Celebrity Eclipse April 22nd, 2023