Water shoes needed......Half Moon Cay & Blue Lagoon?

clginal

sorry, I probably can find this somewhere but, have a time issue so, thought I would just ask. 

Do we need water shoes for these places?  We don't go off exploring....just the main areas of the beach at Half Moon.  And Blue Lagoon we purchased the dolphin swim w/blow up play area.

TIA!!

I always wear too......and for dolphin swim, they did have us remove.  But, my adult kids are asking if they are completely necessary,  I didn't go in the water at Blue Lagoon by the floating inflatable stuff to play on.  

And it's been years since I went to Half Moon & don't really remember it being rocky

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, clginal said:

I always wear too......and for dolphin swim, they did have us remove.  But, my adult kids are asking if they are completely necessary,  I didn't go in the water at Blue Lagoon by the floating inflatable stuff to play on.  

And it's been years since I went to Half Moon & don't really remember it being rocky

HMC is not rocky at all...the sand is like flour...I just like wearing them, easier for me to walk on the beach with them if nothing else.

• Like 3

I always pack them because they don't take much room and you never know. I've been to beaches before where people swear they're not needed and I wish I had them, and I've been to beaches where I've had them and not needed them. I'd rather the second occur because trying to find and buy them in my size can be difficult, especially in the Caribbean. Plus, they're generally fairly comfortable and stay on my feet better than flip flops.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mic101680 said:

I always pack them because they don't take much room and you never know. I've been to beaches before where people swear they're not needed and I wish I had them, and I've been to beaches where I've had them and not needed them. I'd rather the second occur because trying to find and buy them in my size can be difficult, especially in the Caribbean. Plus, they're generally fairly comfortable and stay on my feet better than flip flops.

For the most part I agree with this... except at half moon cay. That amazing sand really does get everywhere, and everything you bring will have to be cleaned out. And water shoes are the worst for half moon cay sand.

• Like 1