Included air question

Hi all. We were going to use Regents air for cruise in Jan., but have decided to do our own. It got me wondering, though, if TAs receive a commission on that portion of the booking. If so, mine might not be too happy with me!

That's a good question, but I don't think the airfare is a significant part of their commission, if any at all.

I know my rebate did not differ if I did full Regent air or did my own on part of the journey. When I get the quote (and rebate) from my agent they do not stipulate anything about the air portion.

2 hours ago, vegasdriven said:

Hi all. We were going to use Regents air for cruise in Jan., but have decided to do our own. It got me wondering, though, if TAs receive a commission on that portion of the booking. If so, mine might not be too happy with me!

I doubt it but that would be the least of my concerns 

I don't think that is something that we are allowed to answer. I would have that discussion with your TA...and you could also mention that you don't really care if they get a commission on it or not and see what they think, lol! 

4 hours ago, makai 7 said:

Years ago my former TA accidentally sent their invoice to me, and it showed commissionable vs non commissionable portions of the charges.

included air did not generate any commission.

Absolutely correct.  My TA breaks out the commissionable vs commissionable and provides a rebate based on the commissionable amount.  I have asked that question and got a prompt explanation that taxes port charges and third party items such as air, hotel, etc are not commissionable

Therefore taking the air rebate will absolutely not affect a TA's commission.  This is a fair question and have no idea why someone would state that this is not a question that could or should be answered. 

25 minutes ago, rallydave said:

Absolutely correct.  My TA breaks out the commissionable vs commissionable and provides a rebate based on the commissionable amount.  I have asked that question and got a prompt explanation that taxes port charges and third party items such as air, hotel, etc are not commissionable

Therefore taking the air rebate will absolutely not affect a TA's commission.  This is a fair question and have no idea why someone would state that this is not a question that could or should be answered. 

Because Regent says that TA's are not to discuss commission.

• Like 1