I am trying to find reviews of cruise tours and am computer illiterate

ImperialLady

Can anyone direct me, very simply, how to find them?  I did try the search feature but came up with a WTH!!!  We have very basic information (Princes is not very informative with the specifics) and would love to get more details. Any help is appreciated!

You're not computer illiterate, you're posting here just fine.

We've done Princess Cruisetours in Alaska and can advise if you have a specific question. The other places, Japan, Colonial America... surely someone has taken them and can advise.

Basically Princess takes care of most everything except your shoreside food, unless specifically stated that they provide. Even when things go sideways, as it did when we were there, they took care of the problems. Princess was good about that.

You can also use the search box in the blue bar above for past threads on your topic.

What is it you want to know?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, mtnesterz said:

You're not computer illiterate, you're posting here just fine.

We've done Princess Cruisetours in Alaska and can advise if you have a specific question. The other places, Japan, Colonial America... surely someone has taken them and can advise.

Basically Princess takes care of most everything except your shoreside food, unless specifically stated that they provide. Even when things go sideways, as it did when we were there, they took care of the problems. Princess was good about that.

You can also use the search box in the blue bar above for past threads on your topic.

What is it you want to know?

Thank you so much. We are doing the cruise tour to Alaska in September. There are so many small questions. I will take your suggestion and try the search box. You answered one question regarding the food.  Again, thank you. 

I was coming here to post the same screen shots as Ombud did above, but they beat me to it 🙂  I also think the Excursion Details tab next to the Customer Reviews tab is very helpful for a breakdown of specific travel times and where you'll visit.

If you are looking for other excursion reviews there are many online sources such as Tripadvisor or simply Google which will have thousands of reviews of tours and attractions.  Sometimes just an easy browser search of the tour or attraction will do the trick.  

I've also found that other cruise lines have similar if not identical excursions and tours, and many of them have way more customer reviews posted than Princess.  So you might try searching for the name of the tour and 'Carnival' or 'Holland America' etc and see if there are more customer reviews that help you.  

Good luck!

Edit to say -- I see you doing an Alaskan cruise so you should visit the Alaska port section of Cruise Critic where you will get much more information specific to that area.

Edited by Paula_MacFan

4 minutes ago, Paula_MacFan said:

I was coming here to post the same screen shots as Ombud did above, but they beat me to it 🙂  I also think the Excursion Details tab next to the Customer Reviews tab is very helpful for a breakdown of specific travel times and where you'll visit.

If you are looking for other excursion reviews there are many online sources such as Tripadvisor or simply Google which will have thousands of reviews of tours and attractions.  Sometimes just an easy browser search of the tour or attraction will do the trick.  

I've also found that other cruise lines have similar if not identical excursions and tours, and many of them have way more customer reviews posted than Princess.  So you might try searching for the name of the tour and 'Carnival' or 'Holland America' etc and see if there are more customer reviews that help you.  

Good luck!

Edit to say -- I see you doing an Alaskan cruise so you should visit the Alaska port section of Cruise Critic where you will get much more information specific to that area.

Thank you very much. I have been going to the Alaska port section. The main questions we have are regarding the land portion as we sailed to Alaska last year on the Discovery.  Again thank you and everyone for replying. 

Edited by ImperialLady
  • Like 1

Just now, ImperialLady said:

Thank you very much. I have been going to the Alaska port section. The main questions we have are regarding the land portion as we sailed to Alaska last year on the Discovery.  Again thak you and everyone for replying. 

There are some good threads here from people who have done the Cruisetour.  Here are a few I bookmarked back when we were researching that trip:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paula_MacFan said:

There are some good threads here from people who have done the Cruisetour.  Here are a few I bookmarked back when we were researching that trip:

Thank you for these reviews. We are not doing the  Connoisseur tour. We are doing 4 land days and then the 7 day cruise. So we don't have a guide. I am (hopefully) sure there will be Princess reps at each place to at least tell us where to go and when.

Happy to share our Alaska Cruisetour from a year ago.  TL;DR is it was great and I would highly recommend it.  There are a LOT of variations so be aware of that when booking, but I’m not sure there is a bad one out there.  I will say I would book the land portion first, we very much enjoyed the itinerary and I’m not sure i would have enjoyed it as much if we did the land portion at the end.  

1 hour ago, Steelers0854 said:

Happy to share our Alaska Cruisetour from a year ago.  TL;DR is it was great and I would highly recommend it.  There are a LOT of variations so be aware of that when booking, but I’m not sure there is a bad one out there.  I will say I would book the land portion first, we very much enjoyed the itinerary and I’m not sure i would have enjoyed it as much if we did the land portion at the end.  

WOW thank you so much...I have only read a little  but so far it's great....and I know it's just going to get better and better...

• Like 1