Listing of Ships with Thalassotherapy Pools

five.

This is a sort of repost from this old thread from 2009:

Ships with Thalassotherapy Pool?

My wife has experienced these pools on Carnival Magic, HAL Koningsdam and HAL Nieuw Statendam. We will not be sailing anymore without this feature. I looked for some sort of listing that was across cruise lines with no luck. So I then scoured cruisedeckplans.com and this board looking via each cruiseline. I am sure that I missed some.

The pools are typically housed in the spa in a paid relaxation area and have the names of thalassotherapy pool, hydropool, hydrotherapy pool. They are basically hot tubs the size of a pool and often salt based. These areas often included heated loungers, saunas and fancy showers.

Carnival: (Dream Class) Dream, Magic, Breeze AND Luminosa (formerly HAL Signature Class) & Splendor (formerly Costa Concordia Class)

(Note they will sometimes claim that the Vista class has one, but that tiny thing is a joke and not included in this list.)

Celebrity: (M-Class) Millennium, Infinity, Summit & Constellation

Costa: (Concordia Class) Serena, Pacifica, Favolosa, Fascinosa AND Deliziosa (formerly HAL Signature Class)

HAL: (Pinacle Class) Koningsdam, Nieuw Statendam, Rotterdam and the (Signature Class) Zuiderdam, Oosterdam, Westerdam, Noordam

MSC: (Fantasia Class) Fantasia, Splendida, Divina, Preziosa

NCL: verify the ship, but thermal suites are available on all ships except the Joy, Sky, Sun, and Pride of America. I have not done extensive research on this line and have no personal experience. They seem to kind of be the resident expert on the experience and have it across their line.

Princess: (Royal Class) Royal, Regal, Majestic, Sky, Enchanted, Discovery

Viking: Octantis, Polaris

If there are any missing, feel free to post and I'll try to keep this post updated over time. Personal experience is always preferred, so feel free to share. I would also love to know about anything like this at a land based resort.

Land-based response, but this is in Germany. Check out the Hotel Hohenlohe in Schwäbisch Hall. The area was known for the salt trade, and the hotel has an extensive sauna garden and indoor water feature area, including salt and therapeutic pools. It's also an interesting area to visit, albeit off the normal path for most American tourists.

• Like 2

I went digging deep for more information on the NCL offerings, since they are the best.

Note these threads and CC members were useful in helping me compile this information on NCL:

@Angelo_R 

@BirdTravels

Spa Passes

Attn: NCL Experts - Best Spa Thermal Suites

Norwegian Prima *LIVE* – 7-Night Western Caribbean – December 3-10, 2022

Do thermal suite week pass prices fluctuate?

These ships have no thalassotherapy pool:

Joy, Pride of America, Spirit, Sky, Sun

Dawn Class (Star, Dawn)

Some or all: Separate sauna, steam room, showers, and lockers. Shared heated lap pool, jacuzzi, stone loungers. Shared and separate lounge chair areas aft of the ship.

- $199/pp for 7-day cruises (used to be $119)

Jewel Class (Jewel, Pearl, Gem, Jade)

Some or all: Separate sauna, steam room, showers, and lockers. Shared therapy pool, jacuzzi, stone loungers. Shared and separate lounge chair areas overlooking forward.

- $199/pp for 7-day cruises (used to be $119)

Epic Class: (Epic)

Spa Thermal Suite

The Epic was the first mega Thermal Suite. Located aft with a outdoor sun deck, coed and unisex saunas and steam rooms, large relaxation rooms, and coed saunas with large windows looking out at the sea.

- $299/pp for 7-day cruises (used to be $199/pp)

- Mid & Aft Spa Balcony/Spa Mini-Suite/Haven Spa Suites on Deck 14 have free access included with price of room.

Breakaway Class (Breakaway, Getaway)

Spa Thermal Suite & Salt Room

Breakaway and Getaway came next, installed over the bridge provided partial forward views. They introduced the salt baths. But the saunas moved to the interior.

- Mid & Forward Spa Balcony/Spa Club/Haven Spa Suites on Deck 14 have free access included with price of room.

Breakaway Plus Class (Escape, Bliss, Encore)

Spa Thermal Suite, Salt Room, Snow Room

The Escape kept the forward position right over the bridge. Beautiful 270 degree views with loungers and heated stone loungers wrapping around the bow. Saunas were back with beautiful ocean views. And the Snow Room was introduced.  

Bliss and Encore, the Thermal suites were moved aft to make room for the Observation and Horizon lounges. Both are smaller due to their location.

- (Escape) Mid & Forward Spa Balcony/Spa Club/Haven Spa Suites on Deck 15/16 have access included.

- (Bliss & Encore) Mid & Aft Spa Balcony/Spa Club/Haven Spa Suites on Deck 15 have access included.

Prima Class (Prima, Viva)

Spa Thermal Suite, Salt Room, Snow Room, Charcoal Sauna, Aromatherapy, Two Story Waterfall

- $339/pp for 7-day cruises

- Mid Spa Balcony on Deck 15 have free access included with price of room. (Haven Cabins do not include access!)

• Like 1