Do thermal suite week pass prices fluctuate?

QuanK585

My wife and I are going on our first cruise with Norwegian in over 5 years. We've been debating whether to get the thermal suite weekly pass this time and have been looking at the prices occasionally. It was posted as $199 per person a week ago, and has now jumped to $299 per person on a 7 day cruise on Norwegian getaway!

My question is: does the price for the NCL thermal pass fluctuate from time to time? We've booked on carnival thermal suites several times and they never seem to change in price. In fact, we've often getten BOGO 1/2 off deals with carnival excursions or appointment that we use on the thermal suites.

Do you think that $199 was some intro deal and that the price is only going up from there? Ive read the price is usually about $250 on the larger ships. Any chance it'll come down? Does Norwegian ever give out any spa deals or promotions to help save some money?

As it stands, $300 per person is way too expensive for a spa pass IMO...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, QuanK585 said:

My wife and I are going on our first cruise with Norwegian in over 5 years. We've been debating whether to get the thermal suite weekly pass this time and have been looking at the prices occasionally. It was posted as $199 per person a week ago, and has now jumped to $299 per person on a 7 day cruise on Norwegian getaway!

My question is: does the price for the NCL thermal pass fluctuate from time to time? We've booked on carnival thermal suites several times and they never seem to change in price. In fact, we've often getten BOGO 1/2 off deals with carnival excursions or appointment that we use on the thermal suites.

Do you think that $199 was some intro deal and that the price is only going up from there? Ive read the price is usually about $250 on the larger ships. Any chance it'll come down? Does Norwegian ever give out any spa deals or promotions to help save some money?

I don’t think it does fluctuate.  That said, I haven’t been on either “Away” ship since before the shutdown.  But, I am booked on the Getaway next month in a Spa Suite, which includes the thermal Spa.

That said, I know they have those “Spa” tours on the day of embarkation, and they claim to offer “deals”.  Whether that’s only for massages or for the thermal Spa, I really don’t know.

Edited by graphicguy

We are booked in a Club Balcony on the Bliss in Sept. We were also planning on getting the weekly spa pass. It was $249 for the longest time and when I looked last week, it also went up to $299! Thanks for your post! I'm also curious if there's a chance it will fluctuate.

~Denise

The thermal suite passes for the newer ships (Encore) have been hovering around $299. Older ships like the Escape $199. (That is from our April cruise where we were booked on both ships). Unlike Royal who sends out "Sale Sale Sale" emails once or twice a week once you book a cruise, NCL prices normally don't fluctuate much (except upward). 

• Like 1

Epic went from $139 on a port intense Barcelona RT to $299.  $20 a day for something I might not use is fine, $42 a day feels ridiculous. But I might buy a day pass ($80-100)for a port I don’t care about.  Perhaps that is the NCL ‘s logic calculation. Sell more day passes, fewer weekly passes.🤔

Hello everyone, original poster here. Thank you for all the replies. It seems to me that Norwegian is on the stingier side among the big cruise lines, and th chances of it going down or getting a deal are slim to none. That being said, we have decided to bite the bullet and get it anyways.

On August 20th, if anybody sees a couple in the NCL getaway's thermal pool grumbling to each other, it'll be us talking about how we spent $600 for this...

• 2 weeks later...

@QuanK585you will absolutely grumble on August 20th as the thermal spa will be packed! Then you'll return the next day and no one will be around. Be sure to try the spa at different times of the day. You'll find quiet time. I am so happy we booked the thermal spa. We only paid $200 each, rather than $300, but it was some of the best $200/each that we paid! 

On 6/12/2022 at 5:30 AM, QuanK585 said:

So on the Pearl right now, it only kept going up. I bought it at $139 (7 day trip), then I saw it listed at $199 and on board it was $226.

However, as I mentioned in a separate thread, the hot tubs and thermal pool have been down for more than half the cruise, but that's a separate issue. ..

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, newbiecruiser2022 said:

I also noticed the same thing and am annoyed.  A while back the price was 199 for my upcoming cruise and then when I went to book it closer in, it's 299.  ouch.   

it better be a good time because I paid it.

It's the best part of the ship! My husband and I won't travel without the thermal spa. In fact, on an upcoming cruise we opted for the Haven Spa Penthouse, rather than a Courtyard Penthouse just so we could have the spa included in our room. 

Little advice - the first sea day it will probably be really crowded. Keep coming back throughout the day to find the time when few are there. It is so worth it, but there may be times when no stone loungers are available. Of course this is mainly on full ships which ours was back in April. Yahoo spring break and parents getting away from the kids in the thermal spa!

I cannot speak highly enough about how great the thermal spa is - it's worth the $299! 

@newbiecruiser2022 - I think you'd be ok, but I don't take responsibility for any items that get ruined. Remember wet people will be walking around, towels will be thrown all over the place, and folks with water/tea will be wandering around aimlessly relaxed.

The windows definitely steam up on the ship at certain times so there is a humidity factor to be concerned with, but if I used my phone to watch shows (yes, I had headphones on) without it steaming up. 

I was a little shocked with the price hike!  I had paid $199/wk of prior Bliss cruises and it is now $299/wk for our latest cruise.  I will probably go ahead and get it though.  We booked a standard balcony room and I hate how small the showers are.  I end up showering in the spa because the showers are so much better! I just love the thermal suite! It is worth every dime. 

9 hours ago, auie2 said:

is it worth it.  What do you get for that?

David

The ships with a thermal suite have an area that allows for wonderful relaxation! My experience on the Getaway is that it had the following:

- Ceramic loungers that are heated

- Regular loungers

- therolassapy pool - a decent sized pool with multiple jets you can use, along with a bench in the back to lay/sit and have jets plug away at those muscles of yours

- two hot tubs - one was in the therolassapy pool, so not really a hot tub, but it had some major jets whipping air and water at you! My husband and I loved it! Also, a separate hot tub at a good temperature.

- Sauna and a lower temp sauna

- Steam Room

- Salt Room

- Shower with a rain head

- Aromatherapy shower

- Infused water, tea, and oranges

For one week we paid $199 each and felt that it was worth it. This was back in April. The prices have gone up, but for our August cruise we are renting a Haven Spa Balcony so the thermal suite is included in the rate. Even if we just had a normal Haven room, we would still get the thermal suite pass. I spend most of my time during the evenings in the thermal suite.

My husband and I don't care about entertainment (shows, dinner with a show, music, etc.), so this is what we enjoy spending our time doing. Just relaxing. We both work stressful jobs and prefer to chill (warmth??) out in the thermal suite during our down time. Even if we had a port intensive cruise, we'd still book the thermal suite. 

I try to spend at least two hours a day, if not longer, in the thermal suite. This (to me) justifies the extra expense. You'll have to make your own justification for time in the thermal suite, but I'd highly recommend it! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

The ships with a thermal suite have an area that allows for wonderful relaxation! My experience on the Getaway is that it had the following:

- Ceramic loungers that are heated

- Regular loungers

- therolassapy pool - a decent sized pool with multiple jets you can use, along with a bench in the back to lay/sit and have jets plug away at those muscles of yours

- two hot tubs - one was in the therolassapy pool, so not really a hot tub, but it had some major jets whipping air and water at you! My husband and I loved it! Also, a separate hot tub at a good temperature.

- Sauna and a lower temp sauna

- Steam Room

- Salt Room

- Shower with a rain head

- Aromatherapy shower

- Infused water, tea, and oranges

For one week we paid $199 each and felt that it was worth it. This was back in April. The prices have gone up, but for our August cruise we are renting a Haven Spa Balcony so the thermal suite is included in the rate. Even if we just had a normal Haven room, we would still get the thermal suite pass. I spend most of my time during the evenings in the thermal suite.

My husband and I don't care about entertainment (shows, dinner with a show, music, etc.), so this is what we enjoy spending our time doing. Just relaxing. We both work stressful jobs and prefer to chill (warmth??) out in the thermal suite during our down time. Even if we had a port intensive cruise, we'd still book the thermal suite. 

I try to spend at least two hours a day, if not longer, in the thermal suite. This (to me) justifies the extra expense. You'll have to make your own justification for time in the thermal suite, but I'd highly recommend it! 

I agree. The thermal spa pass price has definitely gone up. In fact, we just paid 399 dollars for 16 days on the Escape in November. We don't do paid restaurants, or entertainment, we may take an excursion or two during our cruise and this is what we always splurge on. I will have to admit 399 dollars is more than what we are used to paying, but, nothing like the relaxation inside the spa, well it depends, some people make it their own socialization place and are loud and obnoxious but that's another topic LOL

Edited by spanishguy1970