Crystal Announces Launch of Exceptional Initiative Guests who Lost Money Under Crystal Cruises’ Former Ownership Can Apply

Keith1010

3 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

I know it does vary by submission.  Some go quicker than others for sure and some take awhile especially if there are a lot of claims.

Try e-mailing exceptionalinitiative AT crystalcruises DOT com noting first and last name and when you submitted your claim.  You might have done this already but if not check spam folder.  

Keith

I followed up with Crystal via a phone call to the number shown on the website (new booking number) and the reservation agent was able to locate my submission.  My claim was approved for about 85% of the amount requested and she emailed me my certificate.  I am following up with Crystal to find out why 85% not 100% of my claim.

In my mind this initiative by NC is absolutely amazing.  We never expected to get back anything and took it as a total loss.  We will use every bit of this refund by the end of 24 for sure.  Kudos NC!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Not sure how many people have applied for this initiative but after about two weeks I received confirmation, as I came to this rather late I was surprised the certificate number was so low circa 900.

Looking a previous posts and the conditions it appears that a booking must be made prior to the 1st of June 2023 to activate the first portion of the credit otherwise the balance of the certificate becomes null and void.  

Is someone able to confirm the above without a long winded speech. please:classic_ninja:

Thanks in advance.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Lord Haw Haw said:

Not sure how many people have applied for this initiative but after about two weeks I received confirmation, as I came to this rather late I was surprised the certificate number was so low circa 900.

Looking a previous posts and the conditions it appears that a booking must be made prior to the 1st of June 2023 to activate the first portion of the credit otherwise the balance of the certificate becomes null and void.  

Is someone able to confirm the above without a long winded speech. please:classic_ninja:

Thanks in advance.

Yes I can confirm this.

For those still interested in the Crystal Exceptional Incentive Program that you need to apply for the credit no later than before June 1, 2023, if you have done so yet.

Additionally, you must apply the first sub-credit to a booking on or before July 1, 2023. This will activate your credits to be applied to five booking for sailings on Crystal Serenity or Crystal Symphony. These voyages must depart on or before December 31, 2025.

One can contact their personal cruise planner or your travel advisor to apply your credits or with any questions.

Keith
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord Haw Haw said:

Thanks in advance.

The initiative does not work well for everyone. I applied just to keep options open but I won’t be booking by the deadline if at all

i also have friends who did the same. So that 900 number does not reflect those actually booking 

8 hours ago, Lord Haw Haw said:

Thanks in advance.

I have no idea how the numbering is assigned.  What I do know is they have issuesdmany more than 900.  They are doing tons more than that.

Keith

I applied early for my $6500 loss. I got a certificate for $2000. I have sent 4 emails to Crystal asking why I didn’t get get the full amount of my claim. So far I have only received responses stating they are checking. This has been going on for over a month. Not sure I will ever get an answer. This is so disappointing as I have two cruises booked and thinking about a third. I may not book the third or anymore unless I get an answer from NC. I have always been a huge fan of Crystal but this is giving me concern. 

1 hour ago, LNugent said:

I applied early for my $6500 loss. I got a certificate for $2000. I have sent 4 emails to Crystal asking why I didn’t get get the full amount of my claim. So far I have only received responses stating they are checking. This has been going on for over a month. Not sure I will ever get an answer. This is so disappointing as I have two cruises booked and thinking about a third. I may not book the third or anymore unless I get an answer from NC. I have always been a huge fan of Crystal but this is giving me concern. 

Did you send an e-mail with the particulars to:  exceptionalinitiative AT crystalcruises DOT com 

A month is way too long. With that said they are dependent on Moecker for this so if you say it's $6,500 and Moecker says its $2,000 that's a problem.

Also I would have said contact Moecker to verify what they show for you.

Keith

1 hour ago, LNugent said:

As suggested, you should contact Moecker.  

Is it possible you already received the $4,500 from your insurance carrier and/or a credit card company.  Another possibility could involved a FCC/future cruise credit as part of the $6,500.  moecker will not approve any FCC’s to the best of my knowledge.

Nancy

Edited by nancygp
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

Did you send an e-mail with the particulars to:  exceptionalinitiative AT crystalcruises DOT com 

A month is way too long. With that said they are dependent on Moecker for this so if you say it's $6,500 and Moecker says its $2,000 that's a problem.

Also I would have said contact Moecker to verify what they show for you.

Keith

Yes, I sent directly to Exceptional Initiative. $6500 submitted with supporting docs to Moecker. No, I have not received anything from insurance or credit card that would have reduced my amount. I would just like an explanation from NC at a minimum. 

6 hours ago, LNugent said:

Yes, I sent directly to Exceptional Initiative. $6500 submitted with supporting docs to Moecker. No, I have not received anything from insurance or credit card that would have reduced my amount. I would just like an explanation from NC at a minimum. 

I have helped a some people through this and one of the things learned is to contact Moecker to see what amount they are showing you that you are entitled to. They are the source for Crystal on this. Sometimes Moecker has the wrong amount. Other times it does match what was submitted and you can go back to Crystal on that.

Keith

One additional note. Moecker included all liabilities.  Some liabilities will be subtracted from your claim like FCC.  They are not recognizing this as money -- even though some insurance companies are.

Secondly, the exception initiative only includes claims against an Ocean sailing.  If you have a River cruise claim it would not be included. 

33 minutes ago, PaulMCO said:

One additional note. Moecker included all liabilities.  Some liabilities will be subtracted from your claim like FCC.  They are not recognizing this as money -- even though some insurance companies are.

Secondly, the exception initiative only includes claims against an Ocean sailing.  If you have a River cruise claim it would not be included. 

Good points but not applicable in my case as I had already made those adjustments. 

They’ve not replied to my email. Does anyone have a name/phone number?

57 minutes ago, TER777 said:

Good points but not applicable in my case as I had already made those adjustments. 

They’ve not replied to my email. Does anyone have a name/phone number?

Presume you used the info@moecker.com

With over 10,000 claims plus their rush to close the case, I sure the wheels are moving slowly on responding to other enquirers. They are focused on the large claims and objections that are preventing disbursement of first level claims.

From the public filings:

The administrator is Mr. Mark Healy with email mhealy@moecker.com

Their address and central phone is:

Michael Moecker & Associates, Inc.
1885 Marina Mile Blvd., Suite 103
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315
Telephone: (954) 252-1560

On 5/10/2023 at 6:53 AM, TRIPACIAN said:

I followed up with Crystal via a phone call to the number shown on the website (new booking number) and the reservation agent was able to locate my submission.  My claim was approved for about 85% of the amount requested and she emailed me my certificate.  I am following up with Crystal to find out why 85% not 100% of my claim.

In my mind this initiative by NC is absolutely amazing.  We never expected to get back anything and took it as a total loss.  We will use every bit of this refund by the end of 24 for sure.  Kudos NC!

Any luck in finding out?

You are best come at this from different directions. If it is simply that Moecker had the amount right and Crystal made the mistake then going to Crystal works. If Moekers's number if lower than your then getting with Moecker is key.

Crystal does have to go back to Moecker which is what slows this down as it is all manual.

I know some people have resolved the discrepancy with Moecker and then wrote back to Crystal to ask them to check again with Moecker.  Others have written to Crystal first but if Moecker has an amount different than what the person thinks that's when it is more complicated.   I have helped some people through this and most have gone quickly but one is taking a good deal of time to resolve.

Keith

13 hours ago, TER777 said:

Any luck in finding out?

6 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

You are best come at this from different directions. If it is simply that Moecker had the amount right and Crystal made the mistake then going to Crystal works. If Moekers's number if lower than your then getting with Moecker is key.

Crystal does have to go back to Moecker which is what slows this down as it is all manual.

I know some people have resolved the discrepancy with Moecker and then wrote back to Crystal to ask them to check again with Moecker.  Others have written to Crystal first but if Moecker has an amount different than what the person thinks that's when it is more complicated.   I have helped some people through this and most have gone quickly but one is taking a good deal of time to resolve.

Keith

Not yet, I will follow up next week 

On 5/24/2023 at 12:24 AM, Keith1010 said:

I have helped a some people through this and one of the things learned is to contact Moecker to see what amount they are showing you that you are entitled to. They are the source for Crystal on this. Sometimes Moecker has the wrong amount. Other times it does match what was submitted and you can go back to Crystal on that.

Keith

I sent an email to Moecker. Thanks. 

Thank you to @Keith1010et al for your advice on this thread.  I applied for the exceptional initiative in April and had not received anything except the automated response when I applied.  

June 1 is closing in on us and I was going to reapply.   However, this morning when I read the comment that a month was too long to wait for approval/certificate I took the liberty of sending an email requesting the status of my claim at 12.51pm.  I couldn’t believe it…at 1:30 pm I received a response informing me that our claim had been approved in full and that a certificate was sent by separate email.   Of course I couldn’t find it nor an attachment.  I found it in our junk mail timed 1:28pm. It is dated May 11. I am wondering there was an original email that was was timed and in the junk mail. Perhaps they never sent it. Anyway all’s well that ends well.  Thank you again !

Edited by Cancun01
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cancun01 said:

Thank you to @Keith1010et al for your advice on this thread.  I applied for the exceptional initiative in April and had not received anything except the automated response when I applied.  

June 1 is closing in on us and I was going to reapply.   However, this morning when I read the comment that a month was too long to wait for approval/certificate I took the liberty of sending an email requesting the status of my claim at 12.51pm.  I couldn’t believe it…at 1:30 pm I received a response informing me that our claim had been approved in full and that a certificate was sent by separate email.   Of course I couldn’t find it nor an attachment.  I found it in our junk mail timed 1:28pm. It is dated May 11. I am wondering there was an original email that was was timed and in the junk mail. Perhaps they never sent it. Anyway all’s well that ends well.  Thank you again !

Fantastic news.  So glad you now have it.

Keith

Progress report. Crystal Exceptional Initiative sent me the Assignee's claim chart.  Very helpful. The Assignee made two errors, in one case confusing a credit card chargeback for an Alaska cruise with a claim on a Miami cruise. I've sent additional information. Fingers crossed this will take care of it.

Edited by TER777
  • Like 3