Princess Announces Lavazza Official Coffee Partner

LACruiser88

36 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

The short version is that you can swap out the mini bar still, just not for coffee "cards".

Here's the long version:

Ok Got it,

I was aware of the coffee card being done away with, but glad to hear I can still swap for a bottle of wine.

Please note that Princess has apparently made an "official" announcement regarding this coffee change. The Nespresso rumor is just that and was inspired by someone looking at a rendering of a cabin by some PR firm or whatever it was. There has been NO announcement by Princess regarding this highly unlikely development.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Please note that Princess has apparently made an "official" announcement regarding this coffee change. The Nespresso rumor is just that and was inspired by someone looking at a rendering of a cabin by some PR firm or whatever it was. There has been NO announcement by Princess regarding this highly unlikely development.

Not A rendering; ALL cabin renderings and multiple views of interiors for all cabins for the Sun Princess.  PR firms don't make renderings, graphic artists do. These renderings are posted on the Princess website. FWIW perhaps they are Nespresso type machines which will use Lavazza capsules?

Edited by startedwithamouse

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

Princess should probably check their own website for correct information - if you go to Sun Princess and look under stateroom features for the Sky Suites at least it says...wait for it... what is the last item on the list...

image.png.4f7b106839c04bbd55e7f140d7c8a3f8.png

Edited by PrincessBuffy
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, lx200gps said:

Wasn't there a thread in the last few days announcing Nespresso machines in some cabins on Princess ships? I wonder how this latest announcement fits in. In any case, the addition of a decent coffee maker in each cabin would be great, were it to happen. Fingers crossed.

I heard this was a joke.

15 hours ago, Senga said:

Too bad it's only in IC.

The coffee will be throughout the ship. They only mention IC because that is the dedicated coffee house on the ship. On Sky Princess we had coffee machines at Princess Live, the buffet and other locations. The Lavazza coffee will be served at every location where fresh coffee is made. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, PrincessBuffy said:

Princess should probably check their own website for correct information - if you go to Sun Princess and look under stateroom features for the Sky Suites at least it says...wait for it... what is the last item on the list...

image.png.4f7b106839c04bbd55e7f140d7c8a3f8.png

For Sun Princess they may be adding this feature. Not every feature is available in the same cabins across the fleet. Pretty much the same with all cruise lines. It's also possible the feature will be added across the fleet at the same time. 

2 hours ago, CruisingWalter said:

The coffee will be throughout the ship. They only mention IC because that is the dedicated coffee house on the ship. On Sky Princess we had coffee machines at Princess Live, the buffet and other locations. The Lavazza coffee will be served at every location where fresh coffee is made. 

I honestly don't see them using relatively expensive coffee in the buffets/MDR.  Most likely this will be a paid option in the specialty coffee shops.

20 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:
March 23, 2023 3:20 PM EDT
Princess Cruises Announces Lavazza as Official Coffee Partner

New Partnership Brings Premium Italian Coffee Brand Lavazza to all Princess ships

SANTA CLARITA, Calif., March 23, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- Princess Cruises, the world's most iconic cruise brand, today announced that world-renowned coffee brand, Lavazza, is now the line's Official Coffee Partner. For more than 120 years, Lavazza has expressed the essence of real Italian coffee, with a passion for superior quality.

"Princess guests love their coffee as the morning ritual at the International Café in the legendary Princess Piazza. With a relentless focus on what's important to our guests, we are upgrading the experience and magnifying our Italian heritage with Lavazza," said John Padgett, president of Princess Cruises. "Our Lavazza partnership gives our guests yet another thing to love about a Princess vacation."

Lavazza offerings will begin rolling out on Princess ships throughout the spring and guests can expect to enjoy the brand's array of hot coffee options and convenient Ready-to-Drink cans. The relationship will extend beyond offering Lavazza products and services on board to include unique coffee-inspired dinners and recipes collectively designed by Lavazza experts and Princess executive chefs, educational sessions, tastings, food pairings and samplings. The two brands will also collaborate on upcoming marketing campaigns, promotions and exclusive events.

"We have been inspired by the way Princess Cruises creates memorable experiences for their guests and feel a strong synergy between both brands in our commitment to quality, innovation and entertainment," shared Camille Vareille, vice president - head of marketing Americas at Lavazza Group. "We are excited to come onboard to offer an elevated coffee program and showcase our premium products to a broader, international audience."

I hope they also have Decaf. (Drs. orders)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, malba2366 said:

I honestly don't see them using relatively expensive coffee in the buffets/MDR.  Most likely this will be a paid option in the specialty coffee shops.

The Buffet, at least on Sky Princess, had an Espresso station where they served Espresso, Cappuccinos, Lattes and Americanos. The MDR serves Espresso, Cappuccino, Lattes and more. All of those are paid options and all serve the same coffee beans. 

The drip coffee in the buffet might switch to Lavazza as well as they do on the Celebrity ships, but it's a much lower grade of coffee than what they use in the specialty shops. 

19 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

includes Lavazza coffees, but those who paid $60 can only get bilge water

I'm confused? Are these 2 things not the same? Maybe I just get upgraded bilge water. I would love to see a ship get Gevalia for a change instead of Lavazza.

2 hours ago, CruisingWalter said:

The Buffet, at least on Sky Princess, had an Espresso station where they served Espresso, Cappuccinos, Lattes and Americanos. The MDR serves Espresso, Cappuccino, Lattes and more. All of those are paid options and all serve the same coffee beans. 

The drip coffee in the buffet might switch to Lavazza as well as they do on the Celebrity ships, but it's a much lower grade of coffee than what they use in the specialty shops. 

You are probably right.  The high quality Lavazza stuff will be reserved for paid drinks, and Lavazza will make a "special blend" for Princess to use elsewhere on the ship.

4 hours ago, RedIguana said:

I'm confused? Are these 2 things not the same? Maybe I just get upgraded bilge water. I would love to see a ship get Gevalia for a change instead of Lavazza.

Gevalia got bought out by Kraft and Peets.  Anytime a company gets bought out by a conglomerate, the quality takes a dive.  Look at Cadbury in the U.S....used to come direct from England, now it's made by Hershey's and tastes gross.  

Also, I think you are confusing espresso with brewed coffee.  The original Lavazza roast is for making espresso shots with naturally forming crema on the top, not for brewed coffee.

• Like 2

Ships prior to Royal will absolutely not be getting Lavazza for “drip” in the MDRs and buffets - the infrastructure is all designed for liquid concentrates that Lavazza doesn’t manufacture.

The current no-name beans on Diamond and Discovery are perfectly adequate for drinks with milk and syrups and possibly ice.  They make grim actual espresso.  I’m thrilled for the change but would be happier if they went back to Illy. 

Edited by VibeGuy
  • Like 1