Main dining room seating

27 minutes ago, disneybabe said:

Cruising in May as a party of five.  We have early seating in the main dining room.  Will we be seated at a table for five or do I need to put in a request ahead of time?

Are your reservations linked?  If so you're set.  Possible at a table for six and possible at a larger table.   You can email Royal dining, don't have email address but I'm sure someone else will add it.  If nothing else as soon as you board hed to the main dining room. There should be a head waiter there to fix problems.  Your seapass cards will have table number on it.

3 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Are your reservations linked?

You can tell if your reservations are linked if you take a look at your Royal Caribbean booking confirmation document. In the guest information section it shows your dining time and below that it will say "Stateroom Dining With Booking ID:" and list the reservation number for the other cabin. If they are linked then MDR seating will be together. If you make and specialty dining reservations this will keep those reservations together at one table too. 

16 minutes ago, SG65CB said:

You can tell if your reservations are linked if you take a look at your Royal Caribbean booking confirmation document. In the guest information section it shows your dining time and below that it will say "Stateroom Dining With Booking ID:" and list the reservation number for the other cabin. If they are linked then MDR seating will be together. If you make and specialty dining reservations this will keep those reservations together at one table too. 

I would also second the recommendation that you should check in at the MDR once you board.  Make sure they have your table and that it is correct.  We had linked reservations for early dining with another couple on the Serenade last month.  When we boarded I went straight to the MDR to verify and found that they had us at a table for 2 and the other couple was moved to My Time Dining.  The head waiter immediately fixed it (though 2 other couples "jumped" our table the second night).  If I had not checked upon boarding, we would have had a mess to clear up later.

Edited by paross4
added word

3 hours ago, disneybabe said:

Cruising in May as a party of five.  We have early seating in the main dining room.  Will we be seated at a table for five or do I need to put in a request ahead of time?

Do you wish to be seated just the five of you or do you want a larger table? You can email at rcldining@rccl.com and state your preferences about 3 weeks before your cruise.

23 minutes ago, HappyTexan44 said:

How does that work?

Shortly after boarding there will be a head waiter at the entrance to one of the dining rooms.  You speak to him and explain what you need and they try to take care of the problem. 

2 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Shortly after boarding there will be a head waiter at the entrance to one of the dining rooms.  You speak to him and explain what you need and they try to take care of the problem. 

So they gave away your table to someone else?  

3 minutes ago, HappyTexan44 said:

Huh?  Thankfully never happened but have needed to add people or make other arrangements.  Always helpful.   Emailing 3 weeks in advance usually also works.

1 hour ago, HappyTexan44 said:

They did.  Though I'm not sure the others didn't just wander over and take it on their own.  (I heard one of them say something to the effect that "someone was at their table")  Our waiter quickly moved us off to the side and grabbed the maitre d' who proceeded to take us to a large open table by the grand staircase.  All worked out and we had the original table the rest of the cruise.  Our waiter seemed embarrassed by it all, but we assured him it wasn't his fault. 🙂 

• Like 1