Cunard finally dropping Vax

moses0

12 hours ago, moses0 said:

He Signed it!!

"President Joe Biden on Monday signed into law a Republican-backed resolution that immediately terminates the coronavirus national emergency first declared in March 2020."

Now my UK Family can come visit 

So now we don't need to show proof of vaccine to board QM2 in 10 days time for the westbound T/A? We have them all printed off by the way

4 hours ago, ace2542 said:

So now we don't need to show proof of vaccine to board QM2 in 10 days time for the westbound T/A? We have them all printed off by the way

From the 'en-us' version of the 'vaccine and testing policy' page:

For voyages departing on or after the April 23, 2023, on Queen Mary 2 and Queen Victoria and voyages departing on or after June 8, 2023, on Queen Elizabeth, Covid-19 vaccination and testing will no longer be mandatory for guests traveling with Cunard. Prior to these dates there are still some voyages with Covid-19 vaccination and testing requirements. For more information on our vaccine and testing policy and to see if your voyage has vaccination and testing requirements, please visit our vaccine and testing policy page.

4 hours ago, ace2542 said:

You may  need to - it depends if the rule is there because of the US rule or whether Cunard is setting the rule 

31 minutes ago, lissie said:

You may  need to - it depends if the rule is there because of the US rule or whether Cunard is setting the rule 

I think it is U.S setting the rule or not setting the rule? I don't really care but it might speed up the check in times for both or Soton and NJ Anthem sailings if - and ergo others - don't have to show anything

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, GWAM said:

US is now to continue with its vax requirements, despite declaring that the national emergency will end on May 11.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-12025279/CDC-RENEWS-Covid-vaccine-requirement-travelers-coming-US.html

That is misleading. The national emergency powers are already ended.  The travel requirement may still be terminated May 11th

Well, whilst I agree that the whole picture is riddled with ambiguity (and that's rather the point), the basic facts of the matter are that the CDC, even as late as this stage (i.e. post January 8th, and April 9, and just 10 days pre-May 11; indeed the calendar has now tipped over into May since my post a few hours ago) has yet again chosen to review its advice and implemented yet another new round of revised stipulations. If anything was to be expected last week - and frankly nothing was - it was surely that it would have called time on restrictions.

Instead it has gone the opposite way - yet again, as per Jan 8th (or arguably April 9th).

Certainly the TSA expiry date of May 11 is still in force but last week's CDC restatement is at least rum by introducing yet more protocols so late in the day.

As things stand, then, the wording of my original post - which I chose very carefully - is accurate. And the contents of the DM link are, in my view, a fair summation of the mess which is indeed ongoing and seemingly open-ended.

I thought it pertinent to let CC Cunarders know the very latest, especially given that last week's update was yet another one that was very quietly released (again as per Jan 8th). Put it this way, given the last two review stages, Flytrippers (below) is being equally circumspect and not ruling anything in or out. The only thing now certain about May 11 is that it's the day before May 12th. Watch this calendar space.

https://flytrippers.com/usa-vaccination-requirement-travel/

Be careful with what is required here in Australia folks.    The State Governments of Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria have all said ALL cruise lines and their ships must have vaccinated passengers and testing requirements in place. 

The bulk of cruises leaving Australian ports are from Queensland (Brisbane), New South Wales (Sydney) and Victoria (Melbourne).   South Australia (Adelaide) and Western Australia (Perth) also have cruises leaving from time to time.

Its the State Governments who set the Health Requirements for their respective States NOT the Federal Government.  

The only way really to check what is what is to check with Australian Government vaccination requirements regarding Covid.   Don't get caught out thinking that you can arrive in Australia for a cruise unvaccinated.

Read the below article from Cruise Passenger dated 14 April 2023 below:

https://cruisepassenger.com.au/news/hundreds-join-debate-over-whether-unvaccinated-passengers-should-sail-in-australian-waters/

For those celebrating the end of testing, vaccination etc., recall that last summer among my group and an adjacent group (dinner table), 7/7 tested positive after leaving the ship (QM2 TA). I am not too old and reasonably fit - but I still felt its effects very strongly. If you get COVID and your are old or fragile, this is a very serious disease. As a good samaritan, on the last evening, I helped an infirm, older, passenger get on to a deck chair. It isn't satisfying to think that she may have become unwittingly infected arising out of my own, unknown, condition at that time. We were all vaccinated. Most likely, someone, somewhere, wasn't being truthful with the honor-based COVID negative test declaration at boarding.

• Host Hattie locked, unlocked and locked this topic