Sunset veranda concierge class

NoWhiners

Hi all

We'll be taking a NE/Canada cruise in 2024 and we booked an aft sunset veranda cabin. I noticed in our reservation, X calls this cabin a "sunset veranda concierge class". I looked to see what this means, and as far as I can tell, all it really gives us is access to a concierge who can make dinner reservations for us. Did I miss something? There are other things listed but they seem the same as other cabins (mini-fridge with extra charges if you actually drink anything, laundry for extra fee, stuff like that).

I was hoping we would get no fee room service or something useful but I guess not. What is the actual point of "concierge class"?

Thanks for any help.

8 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

Hi all

We'll be taking a NE/Canada cruise in 2024 and we booked an aft sunset veranda cabin. I noticed in our reservation, X calls this cabin a "sunset veranda concierge class". I looked to see what this means, and as far as I can tell, all it really gives us is access to a concierge who can make dinner reservations for us. Did I miss something? There are other things listed but they seem the same as other cabins (mini-fridge with extra charges if you actually drink anything, laundry for extra fee, stuff like that).

I was hoping we would get no fee room service or something useful but I guess not. What is the actual point of "concierge class"?

Thanks for any help.

The best perk in concierge is the 5 captains club points per night handy if you need to advance to the next level quickly.  Embarkation lunch in dining room is another nice perk as is a bottle of sparkling wine not a great quality but ok. Canapes delivered to your cabin mid afternoon  not very good enhanced pillow menu and slightly better room service menu

no free laundry unless Elite and above.  SV cabins are great with wonderful views. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

Hi all

Thanks for any help.

Now you know why the cabin is still available.  Other than welcome aboard lunch and better location, not much to concierge class.  I will say, a Sunset balcony for Alaska is the best.  Protection from the weather and able to see both sides.

Rollie

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rollie said:

Now you know why the cabin is still available.  Other than welcome aboard lunch and better location, not much to concierge class.  I will say, a Sunset balcony for Alaska is the best.  Protection from the weather and able to see both sides.

Rollie

In my case the cost to upgrade to the SV was $100 canadian for 10 nights. It was on deck 10 right in the middle and all the middle verandahs are larger than the other SVs.  A bargain!

4 hours ago, drakes2 said:

The best perk in concierge is the 5 captains club points per night handy if you need to advance to the next level quickly.  Embarkation lunch in dining room is another nice perk as is a bottle of sparkling wine not a great quality but ok. Canapes delivered to your cabin mid afternoon  not very good enhanced pillow menu and slightly better room service menu

no free laundry unless Elite and above.  SV cabins are great with wonderful views. 

I didn't know they give more points--that might be useful. Doubt we will use RS anymore--I'm not paying $10 plus an 18% tip. We can take turns getting some breakfast stuff or just go and eat.

We love the aft cabins over the wake and try and get them whenever we can.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rollie said:

Rollie

Well, the cabins were going fast when we booked but I agree about the other parts!

Thanks

Depending on the price and age of the ship, I prefer the Concierge class over AQ. On older ships with the larger MDR, Blu makes sense and is a nice perk for AQ. In the future, we would book AQ on the older ship for the benefit. On newer ships with the smaller MDR's Blu isn't as appealing to us, so Concerige at the lower price point gets into a better cabin, with all the other perks. We also never used the thermal suites that come along with AQ, visited it once, but didn't mind it. On our past cruises, the price difference between a regular cabin vs a Concierge was very very small. In fact our last cruise, they upgraded us to Conceriege from our normal Veranda because it was past the final payment date but the overall price had gone down, instead of OBC we asked for the upgrade and they gave it to us pre-cruise so we got all the benefits included the additional point.

50 minutes ago, cmaleblanc said:

In fact our last cruise, they upgraded us to Conceriege from our normal Veranda because it was past the final payment date but the overall price had gone down, instead of OBC

That's happened to me quite a few times and I had booked an obstructed veranda so to get concierge was a real treat at no extra cost.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cmaleblanc said:

Depending on the price and age of the ship, I prefer the Concierge class over AQ. On older ships with the larger MDR, Blu makes sense and is a nice perk for AQ. In the future, we would book AQ on the older ship for the benefit. On newer ships with the smaller MDR's Blu isn't as appealing to us, so Concerige at the lower price point gets into a better cabin, with all the other perks. We also never used the thermal suites that come along with AQ, visited it once, but didn't mind it. On our past cruises, the price difference between a regular cabin vs a Concierge was very very small. In fact our last cruise, they upgraded us to Conceriege from our normal Veranda because it was past the final payment date but the overall price had gone down, instead of OBC we asked for the upgrade and they gave it to us pre-cruise so we got all the benefits included the additional point.

TBH, I didn't notice a huge price difference, once I allowed for the extra that is charged for those aft wake-view cabins. We will be on the Eclipse, which I think is an older ship??

Nice to get such a good upgrade--we've never been that lucky!

In 2018, we were on the Reflection.  Some "deal" was offered when I booked that included a concierge room.  After eating at Murano early in the cruise, we wanted to book a second night there but were told that nothing was available.  We figured that is where the concierge could help us.  The answer:  Still no room for us.  So I never figured out the value of the concierge class.  I do seem to remember it included footstools for the balcony. 

• Haha 1

• 8 months later...

Well, we just booked an aft Sunset Veranda on Summit for an Alaska cruise. I was surprised to learn that those rooms are no longer considered concierge class and are now just veranda class. That makes no sense because the price was still very high and we won’t be getting the extra Captains Club points. I am very disappointed as we have only ever sailed Concierge Class. I don’t understood why they made this change. 

We always look at it as a slightly better location with some little perks.  When we are looking for a balcony cabin on a cruise, we price out the location we want, and usually Concierge is just a little bit more for a few extras so if we think it is worth the price increase for mostly better location, then we pull the trigger.

• Like 1