Just Back.. Our Bloomingly Beautiful Tulip Time Cruise Aboard Avalon's Imagery II. Full trip report with tons of pix!

Sleep7

@Sleep7, thanks for answering my question RE: Keukenhof.  If I may ask, I looked at the Avalon itinerary and saw that Keukenhof is scheduled for Day 2.  What were you offered as a replacement, since the gardens were not open yet?

We are going to try to schedule a tulip cruise for mid-April next year, as no Keukenhof would be a deal breaker for us.

9 hours ago, sharkster77 said:

@Sleep7, thanks for answering my question RE: Keukenhof.  If I may ask, I looked at the Avalon itinerary and saw that Keukenhof is scheduled for Day 2.  What were you offered as a replacement, since the gardens were not open yet?

We are going to try to schedule a tulip cruise for mid-April next year, as no Keukenhof would be a deal breaker for us.

👋Hi Sharkster!

😊Happy to help if I can..

So I think that if on our day one the tulips were in bloom there would have been an afternoon excursion to Keukenhof on embarkation day as we sailed from Amsterdam later that afternoon and didn't stay the next day.

Since Keukenhof wasn't open yet these two optional excursion were offered that first afternoon.

I actually had taken pictures of the flyers but didn't post them on my original blog since we didn't take either of them. 

Or maybe Keukenhof will be offered on day two since our next port was Nijmegan and I just looked and it's possible to do a day trip there.. it's about 1hour and 45 minutes by bus.

Or maybe the cruises that end in Amsterdam instead of beginning there spend a full day at the end of the cruise and the excursions to Keukenhof are that day.

🌷I can totally understand you wanting to go to Keukenhof.. booking in April is a great idea.

Not only should the tulips be in bloom but the weather might be sunnier later in the spring as well?

We really loved the cruise and I'm always happy to answer any questions you might have so please feel free to ask away.🤗

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1RnKNAovxXDGNyn37yvGUUw5cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1679562701

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1S2gBiPr-lhHDXa9X9XXb9caAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1679562711

🙋‍♀️Just a correction!

RE the DIVA diamond museum in Antwerp.  I had written that there is a branch in Brussels too but stand corrected.  Only one DIVA museum and it's in Antwerp.💍

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1RuecAU3cLEjbpAr878Vj5eKwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1680273591

Question about the included Cocktail Hour... was anything on the bar menu included, or did they limit you? We enjoy a nice scotch, and I was thinking this would be a great way to sample different brands. 🙂

Thanks.

👋Hi Daisi!

I was going to take pix of the bar menu but there were too many small pages.

There was A LOT that was included in the complementary happy hour.

On each table in the Panorama lounge there is a cocktail menu book.

If there is a little "HH" next to the drink then the drink is included for Happy Hour.

Off the top of my head all "tall drinks" were included and specialty drinks like an Aperol spritz which I did have one night instead of my usual wine or sparkling wine.

As far as different scotches.. we don't drink scotch so I didn't look.

I'm sorry about that..

But as I said there was a lot to order from with the HH designation. 

Cheers to hoping they have a great selection of scotches for you!🍹

• Like 1

On 3/29/2023 at 10:37 AM, Daisi said:

Thanks for replying. Not the most proficient with tech, but I do like to play. Glad to hear that they work well in the cabins as we use our evenings to update our trip for family, it will make it easier to post all the photos. 

I asked someone when they were live on a cruise this week if you could use bluetooth earbuds with the whisper.  If you have one of these (or similar) you can:  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BQZBMXD4?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

She had one and tested it out. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Rebel54 said:

I asked someone when they were live on a cruise this week if you could use bluetooth earbuds with the whisper.  If you have one of these (or similar) you can:  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BQZBMXD4?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

She had one and tested it out. 

That's an awesome tip!!😊

1 hour ago, Burgs5151 said:

Thank you for the review and all the pictures!  I've been thinking about taking a river cruise and your trip report sealed the deal.  It all looked wonderful!

😊Oh thank you so much for your sweet compliments about my review Burgs5151!

I'm so honored that you might be "pushed over the edge" on taking a river cruise now.

It's the most relaxing vacation ever.. you will truly love every moment.😊

• Like 1

Your positive vibes throughout are commendable. Seems like you missed the highly contagious "Me First" syndrome which is becoming more and more pervasive these days. Kudos for an outstanding review and an excellent demeanor.

2 hours ago, Croooser said:

Your positive vibes throughout are commendable. Seems like you missed the highly contagious "Me First" syndrome which is becoming more and more pervasive these days. Kudos for an outstanding review and an excellent demeanor.

👋Hi Mike and Janet!

Why thank you so so so much for your sweet compliments!  "Positive vibes" is exactly what I wanted to convey and truly felt the whole week.  As I always say.. unless the ship sinks or one of us gets a terrible stomach virus.. a cruise vacation like this is always a blessing and a wonderful thing to enjoy! Makes us feel truly lucky to be able to once or twice or even three times a year.

I'm so glad you feel the same way.

🤗Thanks again!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Sleep7,

I just read your Avalon river cruise adventure.  Happy you posted on Viking otherwise I would not have seem this.  Happy it went smoothly except for the weather.

I will continue my search for you!

Regards.

10 hours ago, MikeyB said:

Hey Sleep7,

I just read your Avalon river cruise adventure.  Happy you posted on Viking otherwise I would not have seem this.  Happy it went smoothly except for the weather.

I will continue my search for you!

Regards.

👋Helloooo fellow Long Islander MikeyB!

Thanks so much for taking the time to read my review. Despite being tulip-free and mostly sun-free we did have a great time!🌷

Where are you off to next?

We are sailing very soon on Azamara and I'm going to write a similar review of that cruise.. haven't been back on Azamara since COVID and I'm totally looking forward to it.

It used to be our #1 fave until we tried Viking Ocean.. I'm anxious to see how it stacks up.

Anyways.. nice to hear from you.. enjoy your Sunday!🤗

Azamara!  

Sleepy....you are straying further and further from Torstein (he doesn't look it, does he?) and Karine.

They can get nasty when angry!

For me this year my wife and I are doing Iceland and Norway on the Neptune in May.  Just when the Long Island weather is perfect.

Followed by Capitals of Eastern Europe in July and the Mekong river cruise in August on you know who.

Make sure you post in the Virtual Lounge so that I can read up on your adventures.

Regards,

Mbo

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MikeyB said:

Azamara!  

Sleepy....you are straying further and further from Torstein (he doesn't look it, does he?) and Karine.

They can get nasty when angry!

For me this year my wife and I are doing Iceland and Norway on the Neptune in May.  Just when the Long Island weather is perfect.

Followed by Capitals of Eastern Europe in July and the Mekong river cruise in August on you know who.

Make sure you post in the Virtual Lounge so that I can read up on your adventures.

Regards,

Mbo

👋Hi again!

Oh my.. your upcoming sailing schedule sounds awesome!  You will really be here, there, everywhere, all around the town.   A great mix of trips.. each totally different. Fantastic.👏

We are booked on an Eastern European (Budapest to Bucharest) cruise in the fall.. I'm anxious to hear what you think of the ports.

Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!🤗