Just Back.. Our Bloomingly Beautiful Tulip Time Cruise Aboard Avalon's Imagery II. Full trip report with tons of pix!

Sleep7

Our bus pulled away at 7am for a short 20 minute ride to the airport..

Goodbye Avalon Imagery II..  it's been a marvelous week again.. I shall treasure the memories.. again.

Hope we sail again on you soon.😍

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1QwAiwblPsvO6zCKqUgFvuqUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1679872330

Meanwhile at BRU..

Hello Diamond Lounge!  It wasn't our Delta status or our Amex card that got us in.. it was Priority Pass.  I always think that the card is kind of a waste but that morning it was king!👑

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1SUpN8BvZe7v2yq_OAMjgU9qCe7ffHDJpwno-pEcjtJnw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1679872343

😲HOLD ON!! Four choices of beer and one of them just happens to be Sam's favorite the always elusive Belle-View Kriek?? What are the odds???

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1RrDImz5pOstOr02GPNjIudrnHjCyIZu59oV2we_kMG9A?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1679872337

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1RKBq4XlLlzABqzgec7WEVD5cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1679872334

🤫My carry on bag just got a little bit heavier too..

• Like 2

Thanks so much for taking us along on your journey. We are so looking forward to our Danube cruise this Sept, after many cancellations & re-bookings. Now it looks like maybe we have another cruise to add to our bucket list.  🙂

Just now, Daisi said:

Thanks so much for taking us along on your journey. We are so looking forward to our Danube cruise this Sept, after many cancellations & re-bookings. Now it looks like maybe we have another cruise to add to our bucket list.  🙂

😊Oh thank YOU Daisi for coming along for the smiles.

That's awesome that you will be on the Danube in September.. a perfect time of year to go.

Have the BEST time!!👋

Exhausted yet exhilarated we are home.

It was stellar week in every way..

Yes.. no tulips and rain pretty much every day but no matter.. we had a bloomingly awesome time!

There is nothing like a river cruise for pure relaxation and ease.

We are scheduled for an ocean cruise next and and then maybe another river cruise this fall.

Thank you all for sharing the smiles with me over this past week.. posting about our experiences really brings back all the fun.🤗

Snip, snap, snout.. this tale is all told out!

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1Q--eTOMYryTn0sA_h_0AjDqCe7ffHDJpwno-pEcjtJnw?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1680033935

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Second seating said:

Sorry you missed Keukenhof, it is beautiful!!!

Second seating

Yes.. it would have been nice to go but I really felt that it was a very small part of the whole 7 day cruise experience for me so I am fine with it.🌷

9 hours ago, FetaCheese said:

Thanks Sleep7, what a fine review, and so well written.  Have only done ocean cruises, but now definitely considering river.  

👋Hello my old pal fetaCheese from the Viking Board!

Thank you for your sweet sweet compliments.. I'm truly touched that you read my review and so glad you enjoyed it.

A river cruise is definitely different than an ocean but just as wonderful.  Each has their overwhelming positives... neither has many (or no) negatives.

I hope get to try one soon.  We have been on 4 of them and loved each one.

Definitely nice to rotate between ocean and river.😊

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ljandgb said:

Great review, thanks so much!  I loved Amsterdam and would love to spend more time there and in the Netherlands in general.  A Tulip Time cruise is very much on my radar.

👋Hello ljandgb!

Thank you so much for your sweet compliments about my blog.. so happy to share the smiles.. and the rain! lol.  We have been to Amsterdam a few times and it is a great city.. so interesting and different.

If you want to be sure to see the tulips too then maybe book a cruise in April as that seems to be prime time for viewing as it's in the middle of the season.🌷

Just in case you are interested......we have cabins available on our cruise in Sept. 🙂

One question though, I hear the new Whisper sets that provide hot spots for wifi can use wireless earbuds. Did you try them? I'll pack mine anyway, they don't take much room, but it would be great if they work. I was going to get a SIM card in Hungary, but if the sets work well, maybe I won't need one.

5 minutes ago, Daisi said:

Just in case you are interested......we have cabins available on our cruise in Sept. 🙂

One question though, I hear the new Whisper sets that provide hot spots for wifi can use wireless earbuds. Did you try them? I'll pack mine anyway, they don't take much room, but it would be great if they work. I was going to get a SIM card in Hungary, but if the sets work well, maybe I won't need one.

👋Hi! Daisi Yes.. the new Whisper sets do have wifi.  I'm not sure how they actually worked with wireless earbuds though.

We both used the provided wired headphones the whole week.

We did use the wifi from the whispers in the cabin for our laptops since it was faster than the ship wifi.

My husband who is usually very tech saavy didn't realize that they were a hot spot that could be used off the ship until the last day of the cruise.  We heard somebody say they used it that way and that's how we realized that it could.

Ah well.. next cruise.

I hope it works well for you.😊

Thanks for replying. Not the most proficient with tech, but I do like to play. Glad to hear that they work well in the cabins as we use our evenings to update our trip for family, it will make it easier to post all the photos. 

2 hours ago, Daisi said:

Thanks for replying. Not the most proficient with tech, but I do like to play. Glad to hear that they work well in the cabins as we use our evenings to update our trip for family, it will make it easier to post all the photos. 

Hi again Daisi!

I hope that was helpful.  We are just the same.  After dinner we just like go back to our cabin and sit like lumps on our laptops.  Very relaxing.😊

• Like 2

Well, jeepers.  I had no idea the Whispers were WiFi and Bluetooth capable either!  Possibly because we basically only had time to grab and go.  😂.  I will be sure to investigate that on our next trip.

Thank you, again, for your review and pictures.  It was really enjoyable!

• Like 1