Question on upgrade to Haven

barbatkins

Hi….I’m sailing on the Joy in a couple of weeks and received an offer to bid on upgrade.  I know you don’t lose

any perks i already have….  But if I get win the bid to upgrade to Haven, do we get to eat in the Haven restaurant 

and use the bar in Haven etc?

thanks for any info…Barb

2 minutes ago, barbatkins said:

Hi….I’m sailing on the Joy in a couple of weeks and received an offer to bid on upgrade.  I know you don’t lose

any perks i already have….  But if I get win the bid to upgrade to Haven, do we get to eat in the Haven restaurant 

thanks for any info…Barb

You absolutely get to use all the Haven facilities including the Haven restaurant and bar. 

Yes, once you are in a Haven room you get all the privilege's that come with it. Keep checking the price of the room you're interested in when you get closer to sail away date. The prices sometimes drop significantly enough that it's just easier/cheaper to upgrade to the room you want rather than bidding on it.

On the Joy, look into the HH, HI, and HJ category of cabins. They're a great value and huge rooms. A lot cheaper than being in the courtyard area.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, barbatkins said:

thanks for any info…Barb

If you win an upgrade, you will be a regular Haven guest just like you paid full fare. 

That being said, the Haven is currently sold out for all April sailings. So, you are bidding on getting a room from a last minute cancellation. And there are over 1000 staterooms that could bid for those cancellations, so your chance of getting an upgrade are small to none. 

13 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

Yes, once you are in a Haven room you get all the privilege's that come with it. Keep checking the price of the room you're interested in when you get closer to sail away date. The prices sometimes drop significantly enough that it's just easier/cheaper to upgrade to the room you want rather than bidding on it.

On the Joy, look into the HH, HI, and HJ category of cabins. They're a great value and huge rooms. A lot cheaper than being in the courtyard area.

Bingo..... On our last cruise my "Good" bid would have cost more than just booking the Haven Cabin directly, watch those prices