Another One Jumps Ship- My Post Pandemic Switch to Celebrity From Royal Caribbean

Familygoboston

Activities and Entertainment

The Captain was very visible, he performed his guitar in several shows and even got involved with the guest entertainers! It was fun for passengers, but it also seemed like the crew enjoyed a looser happier vibe.  The service was not less because of this, it seemed better!

One of the things I love to do...Im a Zumba instructor, so whenever there's dancing on board, I get involved! Alejandro was on board as part of the cruise staff and he ran two classes at the pool deck and I had fun joining in!

20221110 - Celebrity Inifinity Cruise - 353.jpg

20221110 - Celebrity Inifinity Cruise - 432.jpg

IMG_6354.JPG

IMG_2610.JPG

IMG_6369.JPG

• Like 1

A Story About The Difference One Person Can Make

I'll end my review with a heartwarming story...

I went to HS with a friend who spent a lot of years hiding who she was.  Several years ago, she finally married her long time female partner and they often cruise together.  My friend still struggles with mental health, especially around the holidays, when families gather and may not fully accept her marriage. When I posted online that I was on board Infinity, she messaged me and asked if I would look for Michele and see if was still working as the "greeter" (washy, washy) at Seaview Cafe on board. 

She told me when she and her wife had been on board Infinity earlier in the year that Michele was so positive and friendly and especially accepting of them as a couple, which is not always an experience they have.   Michele greeted them and chatted with them and my friend felt like she really connected with Michele.  When my friend heard I was on board, she made me seek out Michele, and asked if I would take a photo. I was really surprised Michele remembered them at all! When I mentioned my friend was on board with her wife, Michele immediately remembered my friend's wife's name off the top of her head!  Thousands of passengers every week, and she remembered them!

So I took my selfie and Michele passed along a greeting.  I messaged my friend with the greeting and our photo and had this reply from her. 

"You made my day, I've hit a rough patch with the holidays approaching and this was THE BEST MEDICINE!!! Please give her a hug for me!"

I was so happy that Michele has such passion for her work that her warmth made a difference in the life of someone struggling, even months later! That's just a beautiful example of how one person can make the difference in the life of another person, just by being kind! It was the best birthday present on my birthday cruise!! 

IMG_6360.JPG

• Like 11

This is a great review. I'm actually looking at this ship for a 9 night Highlights of Greece cruise next year, and was a little apprehensive because of her age. Now I will probably book this ship!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, binro01 said:

This is a great review. I'm actually looking at this ship for a 9 night Highlights of Greece cruise next year, and was a little apprehensive because of her age. Now I will probably book this ship!

Also, I would not be surprised if she’s scheduled for a refresh before then!  But we found things in good working order and not sure if the captain will be on board (but he’s Greek, so I’m guessing that would be a yes?) I’d be more concerned booking one of the bigger ships and having all those Greek tender ports. I think a smaller ship might be the r better way to go for a Greek island cruise!

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

I've cruised both Celebrity and Royal.  They're both owned by the same company, so if you like one, there's a good chance you'll like the other.  My very first cruise was on Celebrity's S.S Meridian, and here I am 30 cruises later!

Yes, I know the “family” 🤣 RC, Celebrity, Azamara and we even have a cruise planned on Silver Seas! Keeping it in the family!!🤣🤣

1 hour ago, sparks1093 said:

Thanks for the first timer thoughts. We'll be first timers when we sail X in 2025 and can't wait to try them out! Excellent review!

Let us know how it goes! I love that you count your Navy cruises in your signature! 🥰must have inspired the love of the sea! My father in law served and after his tours he had no interest in traveling anymore.  🤣 Maybe ha was afraid they’d make go paint. Thank you for your service! 

8 minutes ago, Familygoboston said:

Let us know how it goes! I love that you count your Navy cruises in your signature! 🥰must have inspired the love of the sea! My father in law served and after his tours he had no interest in traveling anymore.  🤣 Maybe ha was afraid they’d make go paint. Thank you for your service! 

Thank you! Yes, I've always loved the sea and being on it. My wife didn't think that I would be interested in cruising because of my Navy time so she never mentioned her interest in it. Glad we got that sorted out, for sure!

• Like 1

On 3/28/2023 at 8:01 PM, Familygoboston said:

Yes, I know the “family” 🤣 RC, Celebrity, Azamara and we even have a cruise planned on Silver Seas! Keeping it in the family!!🤣🤣

No more Azamara. Only Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, and SilverSea now.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks for taking the time to post.   Really enjoy your pictures and posts.

Thanks! Next up on Celebrity is Silhouette 10 day S Caribbean later in the year, and Quantum of the seas transpacific this spring.  I’m hoping to review both with more photos! 

On 3/28/2023 at 5:45 PM, Familygoboston said:

A Story About The Difference One Person Can Make

I'll end my review with a heartwarming story...

I was so happy that Michele has such passion for her work that her warmth made a difference in the life of someone struggling, even months later! That's just a beautiful example of how one person can make the difference in the life of another person, just by being kind! It was the best birthday present on my birthday cruise!! 

This was a great story. Thank you for sharing!

• Like 1