Japan Airport Transfers

donaldsc

We usually take shared transfers (bur or van) to and from airports instead of reserved private transfers.  Private transfers in Japan seem very expensive. I have been having trouble find these in Japan.  We need 3 transfers:  Narita to Tokyo; Tokyo to Yokohama cruise port: and Yokohama to Narita.  Does anyone have any shared transfer services that they like?

DON

The best shared transfers in Japan are public transit.

Narita to Tokyo: Narita Express Train from the B2 level of each Airport Terminal. Reserved seats, free WIFI. Airport to Tokyo Station in 60 minutes. Airport to Shinjuku Station in 75 minutes. 3400 yen per person or free if you have a JR Pass.

Tokyo to Yokohama Cruise Port (Osanbashi): Minato-Mirai Express Train from Shinjuku or Shibuya Station. 40 minutes from Shinjuku Station; 34 minutes from Shibuya Station. Fare is 440 yen per person.

Yokohama to Narita: Narita Express from Yokohama Station. Reserved seats, free WIFI. 90 minutes from Yokohama to B2 level of the Narita Terminals. Around 4,000 yen per person. Free if you have a JR Pass.

18 hours ago, floridatravelersforlife said:

How about Haneda? to Yokahama?  from Yokahama to Roppongi area in Tokyo

We're using a car service to go from Haneda to Yokohama.  The price was ~$65 when I booked it a few months ago.  I found it on one of the booking sites.

In the other direction (Yokohama to Tokyo), we'll take the train.

Edited by alc13

On 3/31/2023 at 3:19 PM, Halehuaka_i said:

There are eight of us so we have a van through Booking.com. It's Haneda to Yokohama for $22 per person. Driver monitors our flight and meets us outside Customs/Immigration.

I read somewhere they will only wait 1.5 hours beyond the arranged time. Did you find this to be true? I continue to hear that immigration lines can be several hours if there are many planes arriving at the same time. 

6 hours ago, MDTrip said:

I read somewhere they will only wait 1.5 hours beyond the arranged time. Did you find this to be true? I continue to hear that immigration lines can be several hours if there are many planes arriving at the same time. 

Not quite true.

Haneda Immigration is quite well organized, regardless of the number of planes arriving. But many arriving passengers are not completely prepared with all the COVID paperwork and Apps required. This forces them to wait in long lines while the Japanese assist them one at a time.

If you have all your paperwork and Apps prepared correctly, you usually breeze through in about 30 minutes.

• Like 1

could you point me in the right direction to find the custom requirements for entry / customs clearance by air.  When i read the above post I went to look, through a google search, and found custom limits etc. but not the blue screen or QR code info that i recall reading about somewhere. I am in the US i not sure if that matters. 

On 4/11/2023 at 12:13 AM, Halehuaka_i said:

For Customs/Immigration, go to Visit Japan Web. This expedites Quarantine, Immigration and Customs. You create a profile and once completed you are issued a QR code.

Important to do this. The queues mentioned will no doubt be people who hadn’t and without the cleared status QR code passes.

34 minutes ago, les37b said:

Important to do this. The queues mentioned will no doubt be people who hadn’t and without the cleared status QR code passes.

That's correct, les37b. I just finished registering, and it's a bit confusing. Just remember it's better to do this at home than standing in line at Customs & Immigration.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Halehuaka_i said:

That's correct, les37b. I just finished registering, and it's a bit confusing. Just remember it's better to do this at home than standing in line at Customs & Immigration.

I fly in 9 days time. The only part I run into difficulty was inputting my hotel details which needs prefecture details and is auto fill. If you find the correct zip code (and remember to remove the hyphen if there is one, then it’s straight forward. I copied and pasted and it included the “-“ and so didn’t play ball until I realised. All hotel address details should be easy to find on the likes of booking.com

To assist, I have also printed the QR codes and sealed back to back in a slightly larger than credit card thing to hold and use in the machines and hold up as I walk through. Much easier than fumbling with your phone and getting connected to Wi-Fi when you have a connection to catch.