Updated JourneyView!

SleepyBunny

I agree that the Journey View is much easier to use,  but 90% of the events shown are of the commercial type - eg raffle in the jewellery store. 

We are departing on Saturday (April 1st) and not a single evening entertainment event is shown. Surely this close to sailing at least the main theatre productions should be displayed ?

4 hours ago, snoozecrooze said:

This is slightly related to the topic at hand, but I'm hoping anyone can offer some insight, since I've never done it pre-cruise:

Will updating the mobile app affect (read: delete/remove/modify) what you've already done on the app? (e.g. check-in info, dining reservations, medallion checkout, etc.) Clearly, I've pretty wary over Princess's IT incompetence so I just wanted to verify. Thanks for the assistance!

If you are using an Apple device to use the Medallion App, your App Store will auto update it at some point whether you like it or not, due to the Medallion App version being out of date.  Your data on the App shouldn't be affected, but it might prompt you to login again using your credentials.

46 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I agree that the Journey View is much easier to use,  but 90% of the events shown are of the commercial type - eg raffle in the jewellery store. 

We are departing on Saturday (April 1st) and not a single evening entertainment event is shown. Surely this close to sailing at least the main theatre productions should be displayed ?

We were on the Coral in late January and Journey View didn't show the full schedule until the day before departure.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Kellyansapansa said:

We were on the Coral in late January and Journey View didn't show the full schedule until the day before departure.

Thanks  I'll have a look on Friday.

• Like 1

This is  an improvement.  Still, I wish they would just attach the Patter in the app somewhere as a pdf type doc. I will probably continue to just take a pic of the paper Patter every day on my phone , to look at. Sometimes you just want to see the info without having to scroll!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Wow!  This is huge!  I have always hated the way the timeline is/was presented in the app.  Now it looks a bit more like the "old" system from shipname.princess.com.

Even better, because it gives more information, like location.

4 hours ago, Buckeye10640 said:

This is  an improvement.  Still, I wish they would just attach the Patter in the app somewhere as a pdf type doc. I will probably continue to just take a pic of the paper Patter every day on my phone , to look at. Sometimes you just want to see the info without having to scroll!

I also take a picture first thing each morning and add it to my electronic cruise folder so if it’s a port day, I have all the information I need for the day and acts as a quick way to know where we were that day when I look back at my pictures. 

• Like 1

Just curious - did they also change the view on the TV screens near the elevators?  The excuse that I got from some staff onboard when I commented on the JourneyView display was that it worked well on the TV screens.  I usually replied that most people don't carry a screen that large around with them to different venues on the ship.

6 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Just curious - did they also change the view on the TV screens near the elevators?  The excuse that I got from some staff onboard when I commented on the JourneyView display was that it worked well on the TV screens.  I usually replied that most people don't carry a screen that large around with them to different venues on the ship.

I thought it still stunk terribly on the big screens. Scrolling left and right as well as up and down was idiotic.

• Like 2

On 3/28/2023 at 8:03 PM, lgonquin said:

When does the app start showing activities?

I noticed the OP’s screen shot was for April 30th and had events listed. 

I’m sailing April 15th and have nothing showing on my app. 

We sail April 14th and it has been showing for us for a week now.

23 hours ago, coops said:

We sail April 14th and it has been showing for us for a week now.

Interesting. 

We got our “Welcome Aboard” Email today. It refers to “…use the Journey View to learn more about activities and shows….”

Maybe it will go live in the next day or two.