Water/drinks in the room

mkcurran

2 hours ago, mkcurran said:

I've been looking at branching out from Carnival. But I'm finding that not all cruise lines will let you buy water, sodas, etc to be in your room for the cruise. So who does? Besides Carnival?

“Buy”?

There are cruise lines that provide all non-alcoholic beverages at no extra charge. On our preferred line, our cabin fridge is restocked daily with Pellegrino water and our favorite soft drinks. Specialty coffees (cappuccino, latte, etc), Specialty restaurants, WiFi- all are included in the fare.

Of course, my cabin fare may appear higher than the line you’re used to. But, look at the bottom line of your proposed trip (including your desired extras) and then compare your “net daily cost” to mine. You might be very surprised! 
BTW: Doing an intercontinental cruise? Is your airfare (or an air credit for DIY) included in that mAs market cruise line cabin fare?

Always do the bottom line “net daily rate” math for cruises.

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

The water out of your bathroom tap is perfectly drinkable.

Yup, I've always had all the water I could drink, I just had to supply the bottle if I wanted to tote it around with me.

NCL allows you to buy packaged water that you'd keep in your room.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mkcurran said:

And which ones are the Walmart-style ones?

Pretty much every mass market line.

Premium/luxury lines include some combination of all sorts of things that are extra on mass market lines including non-alcoholic beverages, wifi, specialty dining, SBC, tours, booze, airfare (or air credit).

In fact, if you go beyond looking only at cabin fares for price comparisons (and add in the value of necessary and/or optional items), you may be surprised when you do a true bottom line comparison.

8 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Pretty much every mass market line.

Premium/luxury lines include some combination of all sorts of things that are extra on mass market lines including non-alcoholic beverages, wifi, specialty dining, SBC, tours, booze, airfare (or air credit).

In fact, if you go beyond looking only at cabin fares for price comparisons (and add in the value of necessary and/or optional items), you may be surprised when you do a true bottom line comparison

I'll bite. Which lines will fly me across the country to take a cruise? 

2 hours ago, mkcurran said:

I'll bite. Which lines will fly me across the country to take a cruise? 

Our preferred line is Oceania. Their regular O Life pricing includes economy air tix across the US or to any embarkation port worldwide. If you prefer to DIY, the cruise fare is reduced- thus giving you an air credit. In fact, if you book a “combo cruise” of two or more consecutive segments, you’ll get a fare discount and the air credit for each segment if you prefer to DIY air. On an intercontinental flight that’s a “chunk of change.”

This is yet another reason to not compare just cabin prices for a cruise. Always look at the “net daily rate” of a cruise. It includes ALL required and optionally desired add-ons (which  will be additional costs on mass market lines but partially or completely included on premium/luxury lines).